Installing 6.5 into Netware 5 sp 5 tree

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0

Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES into an existing Netware 5 Tree. =
DS is up to version 7.62c on all existing NW5 servers (Three of them). =
Service pack level is NW5SP5 on all existing servers.   This is the =
first 6.5 server to go in.  Ran deployment manager before install and it =
still hangs in the same spot. The server object installs into the tree =
and that is it. If I go into NWCONFIG on the new 6.5 server while it is =
trying to install eDirectory, it states that EDIR 87.3.5 and NDS8 87.3.5 =
is installed. Hangs up while installing eDirectory and finally times out =
with error code 501. What else could be wrong???
------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES =
into an=20
existing Netware 5&nbsp;Tree. DS is up to version 7.62c on&nbsp;all =
existing NW5=20
servers (Three of them). Service pack&nbsp;level is NW5SP5 on all =
existing=20
servers. &nbsp;&nbsp;This is the first 6.5 server to go in.&nbsp; Ran =
deployment=20
manager before install and it still hangs in the same spot. The server =
object=20
installs into the tree and that is it. If I go into NWCONFIG on the new =
6.5=20
server while it is trying to install eDirectory, it states that =
EDIR&nbsp;87.3.5=20
and NDS8 87.3.5 is installed. Hangs up while installing eDirectory and =
finally=20
times out with error code 501. What else could be=20
wrong???</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0--

0
Joe

Joe wrote:

> Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES into an existing Netware 5
> Tree. DS is up to version 7.62c on all existing NW5 servers (Three of
> them). Service pack level is NW5SP5 on all existing servers.   This
> is the first 6.5 server to go in.  Ran deployment manager before
> install and it still hangs in the same spot. The server object
> installs into the tree and that is it. If I go into NWCONFIG on the
> new 6.5 server while it is trying to install eDirectory, it states
> that EDIR 87.3.5 and NDS8 87.3.5 is installed. Hangs up while
> installing eDirectory and finally times out with error code 501. What
> else could be wrong???

On the NetWare 5 server do:
set dstrace = on
set dstrace = nodebug
set dstrace = +s

see what happens on that screen when you try to add the first 6.5 server
Also, it is probably worth to run
dsrepair -a | advanced option | schema operations (i think) | post
netware 5 schema options (or something similar, doing this by heart)

--
Cheers,
Edward

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Netware 6.5 SP 5
Hi All I need help on netware 6.5 SP5. We are installing a netware 6.5 sp5 server for a customer. Existing Scenario: Customer runs a netware 4.11 server with dos clients by RPL method of booting. There are 7 to 8 volumes in netware server & users are mapped to these volumes in Syscon 3.75 utility by Login Scripts. Legacy applications are stored in one of the volumes, & the users with rights are able to run the apps. For all management & system activities is carried by syscon utility. Also System Login Scripts are used in Syscon for mapping etc. Requirement: We...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing a NetWare 6.5 server into an all 5.1 tree
We are considering installing a NetWare 6.5 server into one of our remote sites. All of our other servers are currently 5.1. I know it is not an issue to put the 6.5 server into our environment, but NetWare Customer Service told me that it is suggested that the master replica be put onto the 6.5 server. We don't want to do that since this is a remote site, and we really don't want to upgrade our existing master replica server at this time. Would we be able to "get away with" installing just a partition replica onto the 6.5 server and maintain the Master Repl...

Install NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree?
Are there any issues with installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1 tree. We are presently on eDir 8.73. You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1 servers? -- Barry Schnur Novell Volunteer Sysop We are on SP6 but may be moving to SP7 relatively soon. "Barry Schnur" <barry@home.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1c5079df974821c9896b8@support-forums.novell.com... > You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1 > servers? > > -- > Barry Schnur > Novell Volunteer Sysop OK -- SP6 ...

page fault installing Netware 6.5 SP 5
Everytime I try to update one of our production servers from SP 3 to SP 5, I get a page fault exception in com.novell.application.iManager.install.PortalModuleInstallManager (on the logger screen) when the File Copy Status reaches 93% and is extracting iManager.zip. This is 100% reproducible. Any ideas on what might be causing this are highly appreciated. Bernhard Bernhard Cygan wrote: > Everytime I try to update one of our production servers from SP 3 to > SP 5, I get a page fault exception in > com.novell.application.iManager.install.PortalModuleInstallM...

Install Netware 6.5 into a 5.1 tree enviroment
I want to install Netware 6.5 into a brand new server into a Netware 5.1 enviroment. NDS is 8.85c and Service Pack 7. My main reason of doing this is that Groupwise is on 5.1 which I'll upgrade also and I will be migrating the post office from 5.1 server to 6.5 server then I'll migrate the users data. Maybe there's a better way, I don't know? Will I have issue's doing this? Has anybody have any tips or thoughts on this. Thanks JC You can install the 65 server into the tree once you prep the tree. This is done by running the NWDeploy utility from the OS CD...

Web resources about - Installing 6.5 into Netware 5 sp 5 tree - novell.netware.6x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper