Installing 6 into existing tree hangs during install.

Okay,lemme try this again. I have a total of four servers. Two 6 and
two
5.1. Right now my set up is I have one 6 server that is that master
and
the two 5.1 servers sit under it under one tree. The other 6 server I
had
set up to test some Web/FTP stuff on it and it runs as a stand alone
server under it's own tree. I have ran it this way for about 6 months
or
so.
Now what I tried to do is reinstall the 6 Web/FTp server and put it
under
my Exsiting tree. (no sense to have two tree for right now). Well the

problem is that it takes for ever to install. When it installs NDS it

takes about an hour and when I install the services I want and do the

install it sits there for hours, finally after the install is complete

the install will be corrupted or a service that I chose won't be
installed. I have search the Knownledge base and found nothing on this

subject and I would hate to have to call and pay.

On another note when I do the nwdeploy when I select the check the
edirectory it say it can't find a R/W server but when I got to
NDSManager
I see the two 5.1 server as R/W servers. Anyone have any clues? And
the
Hardware it cool, like I said it ran 6 as a stand alone for 6 months
w/no
problems....

0
jaysonh77

jaysonh77@hotmail.com wrote:

> Okay,lemme try this again.

Hi,

I just posted another set of things to try on your existing thread in
the
install/upgrade forum.

Although there are many folks who only lurk in one or two forums, most
of
the regulars cruise *all* of the NW6 forums, since NW6 is the current
release.
Because of that, odds are you're better off to scream and yell on a
current
thread than start a new one [GRIN], since there's more context there
to work
with.

Thanks,

John

John's Consolidated Novell Tips & Links Page:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstoecker/novell/

#include disclaim.h:
#
# Professional NetWare Forum Lurker!
# My opinions are not necessarily those of Novell or
# its employees or even the forum sysops or regulars.
# No warrantee, express or implied, , yada yada yada  :o]
# Use it at your own risk.  You *do* have a backup, right?
Project planning matrix: Good, fast, and cheap; pick two.
Proud member of Team NCCI F@H
http://folding.stanford.edu

0
John

To install or not to install?

Netware 6.5 install into existing 6.0 tree
I installed Netware 6.5 sp2 on a new server into our existing tree (NW6 eDirectory 8.6.2). Everything installed fine but when I started to create directories and assign rights users could not see and volumes except for sys: (the login directory). It seems only trustee assignments for Public would work. Admin users can see everything. The only way I can get it to work is by using Console One to assign the trustee..any ideas on why explorer would not work? Thanks Bob wrote: > Everything installed fine but when I started to create > directories and assign rights user...

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 6.0 Sp5 tree
I want to install a new NetWare 6.5 Server into an existing Netware 6.0 environment. Instead of in place or remote, I want to place a new NetWare 6.5 Server into that tree. Can anyone tell me if this procedure will work with out problems. I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. , > I also came across TID10086998, which recommends to upgrade your eDirectory > to 8.7.3 prior to upgrade. > Yes. That is recommended. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Isla...

Install a NetWare 6.5 into existing tree
Hi, My office have two NetWare 6.5 server running under a same tree. One of them is the master replica and the other one is holding "Read/Write" replica. May i know any impact on the exisiting NetWare servers i install another NetWare 6.5 under the same tree? What are the things that i need to take note? Thank you. Best Rgds Irene mlireneh@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > My office have two NetWare 6.5 server running under a same tree. One > of them is the master replica and the other one is holding > "Read/Write" replica. > May i kn...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Install hangs
Help!!! On a 6.5 install after hardware crash of raid controller. Hardware ok. It gets to installing eDirectory - putting server into existing tree - and says the server already exists. I answer replace - logon to the DS as admin - I see 'Established communication...' on console screen, but the install acreen pops a box saying 'Please Wait' with 'Installing eDirectory...' and has stayed that way for at least 16 hours. Attempted twice more - shorter duration waits - to no avail. ray Clean your tree before reinstalling the server. E.g. remove the server...

Netware 6.5.7 Install to Existing Tree
Trying to install NW 6.5.7 on new hardware, Dell PE 2650 into existing tree. EDir version: 8.7.3 Have other NW 6.5.3 servers and NW 4.11 server holding master. I get to the point where I need to select the tree and context and get a Time Synch error: "Time not synchronized". I can browse the tree, select the context but cannot get past the Time synch screen, so I have to abort the install. This is the first NW 6.5.7, but I believe I should be able to install this server. Am I missing something? thanks in advance -- nwadmin99 -------------------------------...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg of Ram. I am using the eval CD. Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page. Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default). I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen. I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, Rick If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead. If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer su...

Insufficient rights error installing netware 6 into existing tree
I am installing a New server into an existing tree. I am installing in an OU. I am using the Admin user name and password and I get an insufficient rights error when I'm in the GUI portion of the install. I made sure that I have rights to the root of the tree. I right clicked on the tree, clicked Trustees of this object, then clicked Assigned Rights and made sure that All attributes and Entry rights all the boxes were checked. I have tried to use a different CD and a different license disk and I get the same error. I've tried to create a new account and gave tha...

installation never completes when installing 6.5 into 4.11 tree
Hi, I am trying to install a new NW6.5 server into an existing 4.11-tree. Everything runs fine until the installation program starts to install the server into the current tree. Then it displays the message "Installing eDirectory..." and never moves on. The new server has become present in NDS and the other servers are communicating with it but on the old server I get the message "Sync: error sending updates to <CN=ANARIS> Error: -611". (ANARIS is the new server) I have applied the latest service packs to the 4.11 servers and also installed DS 6.21. Th...

Web resources about - Installing 6 into existing tree hangs during install. - novell.netware.6x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper