Install new NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree

Are there any issues installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1
tree? We are presently on eDir 8.73.

0
Tom

Tom Murray,
> Are there any issues installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1
> tree? We are presently on eDir 8.73.

Yes. Run the deployment manager from the 6.5 SP2 overlay CD to prepare the
tree. Then install edir8733.exe on the 6.5 server afterwards.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
1/13/2005 9:00:16 PM
How does Deployment Manager "prepare the tree"? What is altered for a 6.5
server to amicably exist ina 5.1 tree?

"Anders Gustafsson" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
> Tom Murray,
> > Are there any issues installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare
5.1
> > tree? We are presently on eDir 8.73.
> >
> Yes. Run the deployment manager from the 6.5 SP2 overlay CD to prepare the
> tree. Then install edir8733.exe on the 6.5 server afterwards.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Tom
1/13/2005 9:57:26 PM
There are schema extensions that are installed.

running NWDeploy.EXE from the CD as Anders suggests starts a utility
that will prepare the tree.

Just walk down the options top down.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Novell Support Forum Volunteer Sysop

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Install NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree?
Are there any issues with installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1 tree. We are presently on eDir 8.73. You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1 servers? -- Barry Schnur Novell Volunteer Sysop We are on SP6 but may be moving to SP7 relatively soon. "Barry Schnur" <barry@home.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1c5079df974821c9896b8@support-forums.novell.com... > You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1 > servers? > > -- > Barry Schnur > Novell Volunteer Sysop OK -- SP6 ...

Installing a NetWare 6.5 server into an all 5.1 tree
We are considering installing a NetWare 6.5 server into one of our remote sites. All of our other servers are currently 5.1. I know it is not an issue to put the 6.5 server into our environment, but NetWare Customer Service told me that it is suggested that the master replica be put onto the 6.5 server. We don't want to do that since this is a remote site, and we really don't want to upgrade our existing master replica server at this time. Would we be able to "get away with" installing just a partition replica onto the 6.5 server and maintain the Master Repl...

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 5.1 tree
Any "gotchas" to this or is it just like adding a server to an existing Tree? Can be done. I recommend the following as minimums: 1 - NW5.1sp8 with post sp8 patches 2 - eDir upgraded to 8.7.3.x 3 - Use the NW65sp4a overlay CDs at a minimum 4 - run NWDeploy from the NW65OS CD to prepare the tree for the first NW65 server -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop "I want to live like there is no tomorrow I want to dance like no one's around I want to sing like nobody's listening I want to give like I have plenty I want to love like I'm not a...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Install Netware 6.5 into a 5.1 tree enviroment
I want to install Netware 6.5 into a brand new server into a Netware 5.1 enviroment. NDS is 8.85c and Service Pack 7. My main reason of doing this is that Groupwise is on 5.1 which I'll upgrade also and I will be migrating the post office from 5.1 server to 6.5 server then I'll migrate the users data. Maybe there's a better way, I don't know? Will I have issue's doing this? Has anybody have any tips or thoughts on this. Thanks JC You can install the 65 server into the tree once you prep the tree. This is done by running the NWDeploy utility from the OS CD...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Migrating NDPS from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 (New Server)
Good Afternoon - I am working on migrating NDPS currently running on a NetWare 5.1 (about to be decommissioned) server. I configured a new NetWare 6.5 server and need to move the Broker / Manager and Printers over to the new box. Can I simply load BROKER and MANAGER on the new server and then just copy the resource directory where all drivers reside? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Dariusz -- dariusz71 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe you need to have a broker and manager loaded on the new server an...

Web resources about - Install new NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree - novell.netware.6x.install

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

Ted Mack working to install an independent in Joe Hockey's old seat
Ted Mack is plotting the defeat of another Liberal Party candidate in North Sydney.

You can now try Firefox OS 2.5 on your Android device with a quick APK install
Bored with your current flavor Android, but don’t want to flash a new ROM? You're in luck. Firefox has today released an interesting "Developer ...

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
With iOS 9, it is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time ...

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...

Adware uses Android's accessibility features to install malware
There’s an adware out there which uses features for the visually impaired to install malicious apps on an Android-powered device. The worst part ...