Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?

I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt
for
using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on
all
servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a
replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory
servcies co-exists alright?
I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our
current
tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment?

Bradley
10/16/2003 7:40:24 PM
📁 novell.netware.6x.install
📃 11229 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1007 Views

Bradley Bowness,
Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility
problems. Just be sure to run the NWDEPLOY.EXE from the NW 6.5 CD to
prepare the tree, and to do a NDS Health Check as per TID 10060600
before you introduce the first NW 6.5 server.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

0
Niclas
10/16/2003 7:56:01 PM
Thanks for the fast response
"Niclas Ekstedt" <niclas.ekstedt@nospam.iftech.se> wrote in message
> Bradley Bowness,
>
> Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility
> problems. Just be sure to run the NWDEPLOY.EXE from the NW 6.5 CD to
> prepare the tree, and to do a NDS Health Check as per TID 10060600
> before you introduce the first NW 6.5 server.
>

> --
> //Niclas Ekstedt
> Niclas Ekstedt, CNE, NSC Sysop
> Iftech Network AB