Error installing Netware 6.5 Service Pack 2

I downloaded Netware 6.5 Service Pack 2 and extracted it.  I then burned it
to cd and ran nwconfig on my netware server.  When trying to install off the
cd I got the following error message:

An error occurred while parsing file "NW65SP2:\SP\INSTALL\SILENT.ICS", line
1593, at or near word or symbol "Edit NCF_Addline".  Error description:
Descriptor "@EndFileset" not found.  (nwconfig-6-232)

SILENT.ICS appears fine and does contain an "@EndFileset" at the end of the
file.

If I hit enter, the installation continues and appears to run successfully,
however when I restart, server.exe does not run correctly and I am left at
the DOS prompt, requiring Netware 6.5 to be reinstalled.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong, please?

0
Ciaran

Ciaran Costelloe,

If this is the SP2 overlay CD, retry the download and burn a
new ex of the CD. Then retry the install.

If this is the pure Support Pack 2 package. Compare
server.exe on disk with the one on the CD. It should have
a date of 11 jun 2004 and a size of 1515K.

You might also try starting the server with 'server -kf8'
to see if there's any error message that might help us
troubleshooting this.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________

Both CDs _seem_ fine but I suspect the original one.  The only other
difference was that the last time I went SP1.1 to SP2, this time I went
straight to SP2.

Thanks for the help: because no-one here was aware of this as a bug, I knew
it had to be something stupid.

Ciaran

"Niclas Ekstedt" <niclas.ekstedt@nospam.infrasystems.se> wrote in message
> Ciaran Costelloe,
>
> If this is the SP2 overlay CD, retry the download and burn a
> new ex of the CD. Then retry the install.
>
> If this is the pure Support Pack 2 package. Compare
> server.exe on disk with the one on the CD. It should have
> a date of 11 jun 2004 and a size of 1515K.
>
 > You might also try starting the server with 'server -kf8'
> to see if there's any error message that might help us
> troubleshooting this.
>

> --
> //Niclas Ekstedt
> ____________________________________
> Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS
> Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
> InfraSystems Solutions AB
> ____________________________________
> Using XanaNews 1.16.4.6
> (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

0
Ciaran
9/8/2004 12:50:09 PM
Ciaran Costelloe,

OK. glad to hear you sorted it out.
Thanks for the post back.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
____________________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions AB
____________________________________
Using XanaNews 1.16.4.6
Niclas

Services For Netware v.5.02 Service Pack 2 Windows Services for Netware Service Pack 2
The Windows Services For Netware 5.02 (Service Pack 2) provides a cumulative roll up of updates and services that have been offered since the release of Windows Services For Netware 5.0. SFN SP2 offers substantial improvements to the Directory Synchronization and File Migration Utility since the initial release of the Microsoft Windows Services For Netware 5.0 software product. The Windows Services for Netware Service Pack 2 offers two updates for download: MSDSSSP2 and FPNWSP2. http://makeashorterlink.com/?V689333A5 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yours...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Netware 5.0 Service pack 6.0 Installation
I am applying service pack 6.0 to Netware 5.0 server. The service pack ran until it reached 89%. The NLS Setup Utility launched and displayed the following error "Error logging in as specified user. Password maybe incorrect". When I press on enter the screen does not change. The keyboard is not locked as I can get out to a command prompt. Also, I noticed the server utilization is stuck at 100%. Any suggestions? Please help! If the server sticks at 100% then you will need to break out and restart. Bring the server up -na and then reinstall SP6 Remember that...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...