DHCP/DNS question

Is there a preferred location for DHCP/DNS in a network where there is a
Main FS, BM server, Backup server, and 3 other servers?  I'm think place it
on the server where the logins take place. Or should I split it where DHCP
is on the MainFS and DNS could reside on the BM server?

Jon
7/13/2004 11:38:40 PM
📁 novell.netware.6x.install
📃 11229 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 559 Views

Jon,
Please ask in the novell.support.netware.dns-dhcp forum for the best
response.
---------------
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most of them pick themselves up and
hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
Attributed to Winston Churchill
0
Donald
7/14/2004 1:37:46 AM
Assuming there is not an issue with load on any of the servers:
With many networks being more complicated having multiple segments, I
normally try to get it as physically close to the PCs as the servers
are.  This minimizes the router configurations needed to get the DHCP
requests to the server.
--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant