Configure PTR record for DNS using DNS /DHCP Management cons

Hello

I am running Novell Netware 6.5 sp7 and am having troubles when I do a
nslookup it displays can't find server name for address <server ip> Non
existent domain. My google searching has led me to beleive this is
because I don't have a ptr record setup in my DNS. Any advice on how to
set this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jake

--
edmundrice

edmundrice

Please post this in the DNS-DHCP forum, thanks.

--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Knowledge Partner

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=414512

0
ataubman

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

DNS-DHCP Management Console Install
The server is Netware 5.1 SP7 Running both IP and IPX Using a WinXP Pro workstation for the install. Logged in as an admin on both the server and the workstation. When I try to install the DNS-DHCP Management Console I get to 97% and it generates an error. AT 97% during the install an error box pops up that says: ---------- CopyErr Err = -2 OK ---------- When I answer OK then another alert box pops up that says: ------------ Warning readme.txt: Unable to open the input file. OK ------------ Saying OK to that prompt generates another prompt saying installation is inc...

DNS? What DNS?
This has never happened before and in light light of this morning's news about the DDOS I was wondering if it is just my machine or if something else is going on. Background: A firewall on one of my machines blocked IE from getting to the net. I wanted to trace where it was planning to go to (207.188.24.150)to figure out if this was just XP again or something else. I tried Neo Trace and PC Helps "Net Tracer" but neither can track it. All I get is "undetermined" or "timed out" Robin In article <3DB714A2.7050902@twcny.rr.com>, omeru...

DNS UP
Hi We are running 2 BM (3.8) Proxies and until today they have been operating reasonably well. Today we have started getting a lot of 504 errors on workstations using either both servers, looking at the proxy DNS page (on both servers) the DNS links are continually going up and down (like our internet) We have 3 DNS servers entered 2 external and 1 internal. I have tested from outside the BM Servers $and know the 2 external DNS servers are working fine (also no one else who use our provider have an issue). The internal DNS also seems fime. We have not made any changes to th...

DNS Server Red X in DNS/DHCP Management Console
When I startup named.nlm, I get this: Starting eDirectory integrated Novell DNS Server... error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 1 failed; interface ignored error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 2 failed; interface ignored Loading the configuration and zone data completed. DNS Server running I can't seem to find any info on any of those errors. Also, in the DNS/DHCP Management Console it shows up as a red X. Other than that, it seems t...

Whether to use Netware for DNS/DHCP?
We have always used static IPs. We have about 300 users. Let's say they are spread equally inside of 192.168.a.b where a is 1, 2 or 3 depending on the floor or location you are in. We have always just pointed people to our ISP for DNS. Lately we have been considering going to DHCP and bringing the DNS in-house so we have a little more flexibility. The thing is, everyone on my staff including myself has used these service on Win2k or 2003 server and are familiar with them. We are debating whther to just throw one of these out there to do it or learn the Netware way. Mos...

DNS-DHCP Management Console Install
The server is Netware 5.1 SP7 Running both IP and IPX Using a WinXP Pro workstation for the install. Logged in as an admin on both the server and the workstation. When I try to install the DNS-DHCP Management Console I get to 97% and it generates an error. AT 97% during the install an error box pops up that says: ---------- CopyErr Err = -2 OK ---------- When I answer OK then another alert box pops up that says: ------------ Warning readme.txt: Unable to open the input file. OK ------------ Saying OK to that prompt generates another prompt say...

DNS/DHCP Records Not Showing Up In Management Console
--____AWRGRZHDLAAHQOEXUAMX____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After working for a long time Management Concole does not update. DHCP = hands out leases but the never show up. Of course DNS is not updated. = Anyone have any quick fixes? --____AWRGRZHDLAAHQOEXUAMX____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____XNMWQQCROUSISJYCTZTJ____" --____XNMWQQCROUSISJYCTZTJ____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv...

OES2 DNS Installation Error "Failed to configure DNS Server"
Hello NG On our SLES10 SP1 with OES2 i tried to install DNS. Unfortunatelly it doesn't work. Each time i try to configure the server I receive the following error. "Failed to configure DNS Server" I started an LDAP trace and it displayed me the following erros. Some ideas how to solve this problem? I checked the following TID 3884721 and 7000181 Thanks Ramon (10.0.1.25:53760)(0x0041:0x63) Sending operation result 0:"":"" to connection 0xc8c6900 (10.0.1.25:53760)(0x0042:0x66) DoModify on connection 0xc8c6900 (10.0.1.25:53760)(0x0042:0x6...

Trouble configuring DNS/DHCP Netware 6.5
I have some experience with 3.1X and 4.x Novell Netware using IPX. Recently I tried installing Netware 6.5 and tried to use DNS/DHCP. I read as much documentation as I could including what was supplied on the install CDs. Novell works great when I assign an IP at the workstation. But No success even configuring DNS/DHCP. e.g. doesn�t like IP address range with a mask of 255.255.255.0??? This is a very simple installation with only one server doing all the work for 50+ workstations and printers. No external connection to anything outside the office. 0=TOP, server name = S...

Install DHCP DNS post install
I have NetWare 6.5 running in a cluster node right now. I am trying to install DHCP and DNS to it. How the heck do I do that? I can't install it from my workstation nor the server console. I am using the original CD I installed the server which is the NetWare 6.5 with SP2. Thanks. insert the product cd startx | novell | install | select your product cd and you get the product list. Uncheck everything except dns/dhcp. Regards, Edward "henry" <henry@henry.com> wrote in message news:Zibee.940$IU1.215@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I have NetWare 6.5 r...

Who has to set the MX ; A ; PTR records in DNS? My ISP or our company's own internal DNS server?
When I am going to enable internet addressing, things have to be changed in DNS so that the mail is routed correctly to our own GWIA's IP addres. I searched the knowledgebase how to set up things correctly but did not find all the awnsers. Here is our situation: Our GWIA is bound to say IP 63.999.999.99 Our ISP needs to know this IP address and tells me that the mailserver name will be set automatically to: "mail.OurDomainName". But are they going to do all of the work or do I have to change things in our Internal DNS server too (running on IP 192.168.1.X)? O...

Installing DNS/DHCP on NCS 1.6 with Netware 6
Hello all, Trying to set up a DNS/DHCP on a NW6 cluster with SP3 installed. Right now it's 3 Compaq 530's with a Compaq SAN each connected with a single Fiber Channel card. Here's the problem. The cluster software is installed and volumes fail back and forth. That's good. We go to add DNS. We do this by running dnipinst from the console. We go through the screens, and it says it has installed. We then go to a workstation with ConsoleOne 1.3.5 installed. We go and try to add a DNS server, picking our objects. When we finally click the last button, we ge...

Web resources about - Configure PTR record for DNS using DNS /DHCP Management cons - novell.netware.6x.install

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Australian public service failing to share information: Public Sector Data Management report
Agencies spending years to agree to share a few tables of data. Two agencies needed 11 agreements to share information.

Coke Shuffles Management in Wake of Wendy Clark Exit
Coca-Cola is making significant changes to its North American leadership team in the wake of the departure of Wendy Clark, a highly respected ...

Major Takata investor dumps stock due to management concerns
... Earnings/Financials , Safety , Japan One of Takata's largest investors sold off its shares after losing confidence in the company's management ...

The challenges of endpoint management in a hybrid environment
... resources. To find out how managers can address these challenges and what tools they can use to help, we spoke to Dana Epp, CTO of IT management ...

Get up to 93 certifications in project management for $50
... to need to add a page to your resume—this eduCBA tech certification bundle can help you get 93 different tech certifications in project management, ...

75 MW Storage Inverter Backlog For DynaPower Energy Management
Dynapower Energy Management is a company based in Burlington, Vermont, that makes energy storage inverters, and which has experienced so much ...