Hello,

I'm trying to install Novell NetWare 6.5.
But in nthe middle of the installation it hangs on..

Please wait (blinking)

(@ the top of the screen it says.. RTSSRV.LAN)

I can't do nothing..

0
jroentje

What specific motherboard and embedded network device are you working
with?

--
Barry Schnur

Barry
12/5/2003 5:42:32 PM
If you flip screens, is there user intervention waiting?  It's sounds
like
it's tring to load a Nic driver. Does the driver match your hardware?
Use
your ALT, ESC keys and toggle to other screens, it may be waiting for
and
answer to a question.
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install Novell NetWare 6.5.
> But in nthe middle of the installation it hangs on..

> Please wait (blinking)
>
> (@ the top of the screen it says.. RTSSRV.LAN)
>
> I can't do nothing..

0
sentinel

NetWare 6.5 install; "no storage device detected"
I'm trying to install the NetWare 6.5 eval on a PC I have. It runs through the install, and gives me the "no storage device detected" error, telling me that I need to install a HAM. So I monkey around a bit with the drivers, without any luck. The error message being a bit, uh, vague, I do a little research on the web. My PC has a motherboard with a VIA chipset, which appears to cause problems. I tried installing again in manual mode--same problem. First, any recommendations for getting around (or ruling out) the VIA chipset problem? Second, the server wi...

NetWare 6.5 SP3 Upgrades Issues
This seems to be an issue that has not been addressed by Novell! During the upgrade of a server the GUI will hang at "Closing Installation Files". This results is NRM, & iManager not functioning even though the server is upgraded to 6.5. Looks like Novell has skirted around this issue. Obviously if you read the forums this is happening frequently. This has happened to about 7 out of the 10 servers that I have upgraded thus far. Just exactly when is this going to looked into. Are you passing it on to Novell to inform them that this is happening? I currenlty have a...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Netware 6.5 SP4 install fails with "Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume NW65OS" error !
I am doing a fresh install of Netware 6.5 SP4. The volume label of the CD is NW65OS. During install, I get the following error when it tries to mount the CD- ROM: Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume "NW65OS". Some possible reasons are... Correct the problem if possible. (nwconfig-6-391) I've tried the jumper settings and changed many cdroms, to no avail. Anyone has the solution or the work-around ??!!! Thanks a lot !! boot from CD-ROM and install that way. > > I am doing a fresh install of Netware 6.5 SP4. > The volume label of the CD is...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

WebAccess 6.5 on NetWare 6.5 Intermittent "Pause"
I'm running WebAccess straight from Small Business Suite 6.5 (GW 6.5.1, NW 6.5SP1, Apache2 2.00.48), and thought this a more pertient group to post to rather than the SBS. Running on a Compaq ProLiant ML350 Xeon 2.8GHz with 1GB RAM. Webaccess pauses in operation usually in excess of 30 seconds. I've seen threads relating to slow login, but this can happen anywhere. CPU on the server pretty much idle. All other web admin tools (iManager etc) work perfectly with no delays. At first I thought it was an issue with IE6, but it also occurs with IE5.5SP2. TIA for your ideas. ...

Netware 6.5 Instllation has no "unsupported drivers" option
Hi folks; I recently downloaded the trial of Netware 6.5 from Novell's website, and was attempting to do the installation when I ran into a little discrepancy. I need to install an unsupported NIC driver. I booted from the first CD, and agree to the licenses. I select the regional settings. I select "manual installation". But... The next screen for server options has only four of them, in contrast to what Novell's manual says - server ID number, load server at reboot, modify SET parameters, and the default video. I tried using the help, but even i...

Netware 6.5 Installation Hangs Device Drivers
Matching drivers to hardware devices....please wait. I have tried selecting the driver, continuing, etc. no change. Suggestions. Please supply the usual particulars when asking questions such as these. What kind of hardware are you running (brand of server, type of drives being used, type of NIC, etc....). To get a good answer, you must ask a good question........... <spashia@owensville.k12.mo.us> wrote in message news:bm6%b.2637$Mw6.987@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Matching drivers to hardware devices....please wait. I have tried > selecting the driver, conti...

Installation of Netware 6.0 eval with "not enough memory" error
Hello all, I'm student and I have to install Netware 6.0 evaluation 5 users for my project. At the beginning of the installation an error message appears : "This system does not have enough RAM to install NetWare. 62MB of RAM are available to the server but 180 MB of RAM are required." I have 512MB of available RAM. The installation is launched since DOS 6.22. If I continue the installation, it stops when it launch the graphic assistant and shows me a grey screen. I let turn all night long but nothing moved. I examined various forums but did not find effective s...

Installing NetWare 6.0 on a HP BL20P server "Possible"?
I've been given a task to install NetWare 6.0 on a HP BL20P server. The TREE that I am loading this server onto only NetWare 6.0 and NetWare 5.1 servers installed with eDirectory 8.6.2. Firstly, SmartStart does not support NetWare 6.0 on a BL20P. I have tried numerous way (thinking outside of the square) to get the Install to work with and without the use of SmartStart. 1. Using iLO, (without SmartSmart) to boot the NetWare 6.0 CD fails to load the CD drivers. 2. Manually created a DOS partition to boot from. Created another partition (D:) and copied the entire NetWar...

Installing PB6.0 or 6.5 across network "hangs"
Hello, I am trying to install PB 6.0 onto a Win 95 machine - using the "PB6.0 enterprise" disc in ANOTHER Win95 machine's CDROM (across a LAN). Both machines have NetBEUI, IPX and TCP/IP installed (so I'm not sure what protocol is being used) Either 1. The splash screen appears, the mouse moves up to the "Powerbuilder 6.0" option - then freezes (ie. you can't click it and the install shield progress bar never appears) OR 2. The install shield progress bar gets to 99% or 100% but never launches the PB 6.0 enterprise setup window Apparentl...

suse 11.2 64 installation hangs at "Loading basic drivers"
I am trying a new install of opensuse 11.2 64 on my computer. I have tried all the F key options at the bottom of the installation screen but when loading the installation hangs at "Loading basic drivers..." I get the same issue with the 32 bit version of 11.2 and the 64 bit version of 11.1. The 32bit of 11.1 proceeds to install only to crash out with error 3030 when it tries to format an lvm parition. -- khsuse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1) tell us what hardware. 2) did you check the ISO md5 checksums before ...

Netware 5.1 install goes to "Temporary:" prompt at command line
During the install of NW51, the install looks to be running as normal. Then, the Novell screen splash appears and exits to the command line to TEMPORARY: Since the installation does not complete, there is no NDS tree and deleting "INSTAUTO.NCF in NWSERVER does nothing to solve this problem. This install is onto a Compaq 580G2. Any ideas? Thanks, Keith Keith wrote: > During the install of NW51, the install looks to be running as normal. Then, > the Novell screen splash appears and exits to the command line to TEMPORARY: > > Since the installation do...

Web resources about - "Loading Driver" Hanging @ Netware 6.5 Install - novell.netware.6x.install