Single user access on MS Access database

We just transitioned our DATA volume from a Netware traditional volume to
a iSCSI connected NSS volume on a NetApp Filer FAS 270.  Netware 6.5

Since the move we've noticed a MS Access database issue arise.  When the
database is opened by the next user they receice the error message:

"MSysAccessObjects can not be opened it is currently opened by another
user"
This is an Access file table not a custom table.

Is it a Oplocks and/or File Caching issue on the server?  If so, where
can I tuen that off?

Does anyone know of any issues regarding MS Access and NSS volumes not
being compatible?

I read a Knowledgebase article about ACT2000! that mentioned NSS in
incompatible.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
0
kirt_van_natta

You can turn of opp locks and client caching at the server

Monitor
Server Parameters
NCP Parameters

Level 2 Oplocks Enabled -- Off
Client File Caching -- Off

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2969850.htm

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.4.6)
0

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

How to Access a MS Access Database in a webserver
i, I have a database that is located outside of root. /database /myzone /clients /test /WebAPPTest4/default.aspx I was given following code by my host but I couldnt get it work. ****************************************************** Private Sub Connection() Dim strPath = Server.MapPath("/") Dim strPathDatabase = Replace(strPath, "\www", "\database") Dim strConnection = strPathDatabase & "\RecordLabel.mdb" Dim sConnectionString As New String("Provider=Microsof...

How to get an access to MS Access database?
Is it possible to get normal access to MS Access database without OLE DB drivers just with methods of ASP.NET. The problem is that the hoster set trust level to medium and does not allow using of OLE DB drivers. Thank you....

Synchronise access to ms access database
Hello guys, i'm currently working on an asp.net application that connects to an access database. What I am noticing in the developement process is that whenever i'm opening the database using MS access and trying to execute a function in my project that needs to access the database, i get an error "couldn't open file". Well, the solution is to close the database in MS access so to be allow my asp.net application to access the database. What i m wondering now is what will happen if two or more users connect to my asp.net application and try to do some operation on the database. w...

Accessing single column from Access Database
Hehe, total newbie question here but say if i wanted to access only one row from a database and store the columns in separate variables how would i go about doing this?  Preferably in c#. The reason that im asking is that im makin a custom login control reading uername and password from a database and want to compare them with user input values I have no problems using the repeater and datagrid etc.  Thanks! Drew  Hello Drew, Good place to start is: http://asp.net/learn/data-access/ Especially tutorial #1. Jeroen Molenaar.--------------------------------Jer...

Accessing MS Access Database with security password
Hi, can anyone help me how to access my MS Access database that has a security password? Im using C# btw. ThanksDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Look at www.connectionstrings.com for examples of all sorts of connection strings.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Thanks! Its all there.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Hello, I...

Data Access using MS Access Database
I am writing an application I am writing in VS 2005 Web Developer.  I have been able to connect to my Access Database just fine, but I am having trouble pulling rows from the database.  I have a drop down list in order to choose an employee.  After the employee is picked I need to copy their address, city, state, and zip ifrom my table into text boxes on the form.  I have looked for a week now, but nothing goes beyond just the connection itself.  I can find plenty using sql, but not access.  Can anyone help? Most of the SQL examples you will find for use ...

Accessing client-side MS Access database
My application was using MS SQL Server as a backend database, and we need to import records stored in a MS Access database which is located at client PC. An error message of "cannot find database at c:\...\....\abc.mdb was occured, is there any way to connect client-side database? You'd have to write an ActiveX DLL and require the user to allow it to be downloaded onto their PC. The only file you can access on the client's PC are cookie files... Jerry The only way you can import the records stored in the client's Access database is to make them upload it to the server and the...

Ms-Access 2007 could not find my access database
hi, i trying to export datagrid to excel and for that i created database using Ms Access 2007 and when i tried to connect to my database its not connecting instead it is throwing an error "Could not find file 'D:\Application\Test\Excel.mdb" My connection is OleDbConnection cn = new OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=Excel.mdb;"); could any one help me out why i m not able to connect it ...   Thanks & Regards,Ramesh.S,Software Engineer,http://www.rameshsengamalai.info  you code will be  OleDbConnection cn = ...

How to access the MS access database for different domains.
 I have three domains configured on the same server (one IIS server).and i have three copies of the same Access database for three different domains. i want that only one copy the MS Acess database can share the three domains.  How can i accomplish this task. thanks in advance. zainullah...

Accessing Sybase Database with MS Access 97
I'm trying to use Microsoft Access 97 to access a Sybase SQL Anywhere database. I can link to 95% of the tables, but I'm not allowed to link or import any of the tables created by "SYS". I need to access SYSTABLE, SYSCOLUMN, SYSDOMAIN, etc. As a matter of fact, not only am I not able to import the tables, I can't even see those tables when I'm presented with a list of tables to choose from in MS Access. Please reply to my e-mail address if possible! Thanks. -- Peter Lucas Decade Software Company peterlucas@mediaone.net Maybe Access is only listing ...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Web resources about - Single user access on MS Access database - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

3.3 million Hello Kitty fans' details have been exposed in a huge database leak
... week after week, the hacks, breaches and data leaks continue to roll in. The latest victim? Hello Kitty. CSO Online is reporting that a database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.

Database Leak Exposes 3.3 Million 'Hello Kitty' Fans
... was accessible. Vickery told Reuters by e-mail that the company had plugged the holes he had found in three servers. But he said the database ...