Rights required to clear Netware connections

Does anybody know what rights are required to allow a administrator to clear
Netware server connections?

Thanks in advance.
0
Yann

Console operator

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

Rights required to clear Netware connections with NRM
After giving "Console operator" rights to a user, he still can't clear connections with Remote manager... Is there anything else I have to do to allow him to perform the action? Thanks. The user must have S rights to the server, or Console Operator rights PLUS supervisor rights to the object whose connection is being cleared. John "Yann Laplante" <YLAPLANT@psc-cfp.gc.ca> wrote in message news:48688B6B.B513.00B0.3@psc-cfp.gc.ca... > After giving "Console operator" rights to a user, he still can't clear > connections with Remote ma...

Slow PB connection to MSAccessDB in Netware 5.0 When the User has Erase Rights in Netware
We are using a PowerBuilder application and are having some performance problems related to the Novell Erase privilege. The Users have Create, Read & Write privileges. If we add the Erase Privilege to the users, the initial connection time changes to 2 minutes instead of 5 seconds. The Novell NetWare 5.0 server is hosting an Access MDB file that our PowerBuilder application accesses over the network. Only the MDB is accessed over the network since the executable and PowerBuilder DLL's are installed locally on each client. Clients are using the Client32 logon and experience ...

[...]

NetWare 5.1 Web Manager requires Admin rights for login?
Have a NetWare 5.1 server running Web Manager for web-basaed NDS account creation for some remote administrators. Problem: in order to login to the prompt they get when connecting to https://serverip:2200 they must be Admin equivalent. Search contexts are all set and NDS is my authenticating directory, but the only users that can connect are those that are Admin equivalent. Other users get 3x login prompts then a blank page. I don't want the remote admins to have rights above the containers they need to manage, therefore giving them Admin rights isn't an option. Plea...

Netware Admin and SLES 9 admin rights
Hi, How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 OS. I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes through iManager (logged in as the Netware administrator) I receive the error message 'CIO error, permission denied". Thank you. Zavi, > Hi, > > How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 > OS. Just as you normally do within NetWare using C1 or iManager, check that your admin is a trustee of root with all rights assigned. > I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes thro...

Connecting Netware 4.1 and Netware 6 through a firewall
Hi folks, we have an Netware 4.11 Server with IPX (and IP) and a Netware 6 Server with IP (and IPX) in the same NDS tree. We want to bring the Netware 6 server in the DMZ of a firewall that does not route IPX packets. How can we assure, that the Netware 4.11 server in the trusted zone can still communicate (for NDS sync) with the Netware Netware 6 server in the DMZ. Can they communicate over IP (what ports have to be opened then at the firewall)? Thanks for you help. Achim Fokken > Can they communicate over IP (what ports have to be opened then at the >...

Connections not clearing on Netware Server
Question: how can we have the netware connections clear automatically from the netware server without having to go to the Monitor.nlm and clear them manually or reboot the Netware server? Description: Connection do not clear and accumulate on the connection information of the netware server. Set up: Netware 5.0 server with latest patches Windows 2000 server with clients accessing novell via terminal server services. Latest patches on windows installed as well Are these not-logged-in connections? If so, there no way other that what you do, but there's also no reason ...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Connecting a NetWare 6.5 cluster to NetWare 5.1 volumes on a SAN
Hi there, I am working on a site relocation project where we have multiple NetWare 5.1 servers at the current site and we are moving to a new site where they will be replaced with a NetWare 6.5 cluster. The NetWare 5.1 servers have the data volumes sitting on a SAN (about 2TB) and we were thinking to use the SAN hardware to mirror the LUNs between the two sites. Doing a data copy will take far too long and require too much administration. Once we mirror to the new site and are ready to migrate the servers we would then shutdown the NetWare 5.1 servers (although we would d...

Web resources about - Rights required to clear Netware connections - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...