Received a Decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I get these errors every once in a while

Received a Decline packet for address...

Today I noticed that the IP address it has listed was being used (DHCP) earlier, but the person using that machine has rebooted so it grabbed a new IP.  Now that machine is holding 2 IP addresses, one Dynamic (in use) and the other one is marked Unathorized by the DNS/DHCP client.  For some reason DHCP is holding onto that IP address for the machine even though it's not using it.  I wanted to manually release it, but the only option I could see was "Delete" and that doesn't sound good.  I don't want to stop using the IP forever, just throw it back into the pool.

Any thoughts?
0
Mike

Mike Snyder,

> Received a Decline packet for address...

These messages are normal if you have the DHCP server setup to ping an
address before handing it out.

For more questions about DNS/DHCP please ask in the
novell.support.netware.dns-dhcp forum.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

Receive a decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxt/unauthorized assignment type
Hi, I am running netware 5.1 sp7 and dhcpsrvr 313c and this is the dilemma: I am receiving decline packets on the dhcp server console and the addresses that are showing up are in the dhcp console with an assignment type of Unauthorized. If I check through the IP range the machine that holds the Unauthorized assignment type will have more than one IP address listed for each machine that is reporting this error. I tried TID 10014757 and had the SET UNAUTHORIZED IP SCAN INTERVAL =1. That released the IP's back to dynamic so I changed it to =8 so that it would have less impact on the netw...

Did Not receive identification string from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hello. I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two strings with the above format i.e: - Did not receive identification from 61.152.223.195 Did not receive identification string from 222.242.199.132 Both are appearing as entries for sshd. I have enabled ssh and port 22 is opened. What does this mean? -- gakiimurerwa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:56:02 +0000, gakiimurerwa wrote: > > Hello. > > I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two string...

Tarpitting active for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ??
Sending email to a particular domain is giving me a message on GWIA "DMN: Send Failure: 421 4.0.0 Tarpitting active for [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]" where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the public IP of my GWIA. What is this? I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of mailbomb protection if you're trying to send to tons of recepients at a particular mail server/domain, but my message only listed 4 recepients. James JJB wrote: > What is this? > > I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of > mailbomb prot...

Someone on address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx wants to send ICMP packet to your machine?
application tcpip.kernal driver Anyone know what this is? the IP address resolves to serial1-10.xxx.xxxx.alter.net. I keep getting the same request over and over again Thanks SE "Lawrence Baldwin" <baldwinL@mynetwatchman.com> wrote in message news:a6o8pu$259o$1@news.grc.com... > Given that the source is a UUnet router, this could be the root cause: > http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/security/backscat.htm > "SE" <watertoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:a6m3uv$2sa4$1@news.grc.com... > > application tcpip.kernal dri...

request for authentication with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp
When I use the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp tool to install a printer or to install the ipp client, I get a request to authenticate. To authenticate, I have to use the full user context identification ie. efarmer.mt.mvctc. Ironically, if I cancel the authentication--do no authentication-- I can still do the same updates, no problem. Is there a way to not have the request for authentication come up? If not, is there a way to have contextless login? Ed There is no way currently to use contextless login with iprint. As far as authenticating on port 631, there should...

IP alerts in ZAP for 216.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hi I have been getting a lot of alerts from IP's begining with the IP 216. It always appears to try and get in on port 80. These have been happening at an interval of about every 5 to 10 min. The rest of the IP number after 216 is different but some are the same. this has been happening for several days now Is there any need to worry about this?? Thanks in advance Examples The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (HTTP) from 216.214.141.171 (TCP Port 2535) [TCP Flags: S]. Time: 8/10/2001 9:14:30 AM The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer...

use of Inherits="xxx.xxx.xxx"
Can someone please tell me the exact use of Inherits word used in the page level directive? example, <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default_new.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="myapp.default_new" %> thanks in advancefeed the creative machine Hi, taken from this url: @ Page I found this: Inherits Defines a code-behind class for the page to inherit. This can be any class derived from the Page class. For information about code-behind classes, see Web Forms Code Model. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. H...

NTP server error.
Just switched all our servers over from timesync to ntp. I have setup 2 servers, one on each side of a wan link to get time from the internet and also be peer to peer with each other. I get the following error on the one. - peer authentication failure Unable to take time from the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as the keys are not matching. Ensure that you have the right keys I looked for the error, but couldn't find it. Any ideas here? Thanks Bill Hmmm, I didn't think NTP required any form of authentication or used keys at all. In any case you might run sdidiag an...

SM does not get rid of xxx.msf or xxx.dat on unsubscribing from xxx?
When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: > When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of > the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Built in. In case you want to re-subscribe. You can delete them if you wish Moz Champion (Dan) wrote: > Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: >> When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of >> the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} f...

What about 169.254.xxx.xxx ?
Steve, Thought you might like to add to the web pages somewhere that Microsoft Windows' single desktops that aren't already in a Network often "autoconfig" their LAN cards to: 169.254.xxx.xxx at bootup! Any idea why they do that? I looked it up at IANA, and it comes back as: =========================================== NetRange: 169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255 CIDR: 169.254.0.0/16 NetName: LINKLOCAL NetHandle: NET-169-254-0-0-1 Parent: NET-169-0-0-0-0 NetType: IANA Special Use NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IA...

xxx
Name: Dzeen Email: hicksichatmaildotru Product: Firefox Summary: xxx Comments: фаерфокс реально жжот. крутой бровсер) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

xxx
Name: internetcafe Product: Bon Echo Summary: xxx Comments: aa Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

xxx
Name: Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: xxx Comments: Best Firefox yet. Opens much much quicker. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b4) Gecko/20091124 Firefox/3.6b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

xxx
[This followup was posted to mozilla.test and a copy was sent to the cited author.] ...

Web resources about - Received a Decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

List of awards and nominations received by Lil' Kim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kimberly Denise Jones , known by her stage name Lil' Kim , is an American rapper and singer-songwriter. Her debut studio album Hard Core was ...

Royal presents revealed: Prince Harry received stubby holders from Australia
Prince Harry came back from his 2015 Australian visits with two new stubby holders, a beach towel and a 'crocheted poppy', gifts from adoring ...

Victoria University: Thousands of applicants thought they had received offers to study at the campus
ALMOST 15,000 university hopefuls were left shattered after they found out they received an accidental letter of acceptance.

Quebec police say they have received 200 tips in Cedrika Provencher case
Quebec provincial police say they have received about 200 tips as they continue their search for clues in the death of nine-year-old Cedrika ...

Intelligence: Hillary Clinton Received Two 'Top Secret' Emails
Two emails received by Hillary Clinton on her private email server were in fact classified "top secret" at the time she received them.

Trump received some unexpected laughs on ‘The Tonight Show’ when he said one of his greatest strengths ...
Jimmy Fallon conducted a job interview with Donald Trump for the presidency on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon." Produced by Jacqui ...

Sanders: Clinton "has received a lot of money from Wall Street"
In a "Face the Nation" interview, the Democratic presidential candidate defends an ad contrasting his position on financial reform with that ...

Miranda Lambert received a vintage fur coat for Christmas & everyone freaked out
"I'm so fancy… You already know" my Nonny gave me two of her fur coats! I definitely know where I got my love for DIAMONDS, FUR and WHISKEY! ...

What is the greatest Christmas gift you have ever received?
... receiving gifts which are really worth something. As we fast approach The Day, I wonder what is the greatest Christmas gift you have ever received? ...

John Williams Reveals Why Each 'Star Wars' Character Received Theme Music
There are plenty on nuances in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" that are telling of characters and their back stories. Perhaps none more telling ...