NTP server error. - peer authentication failure. Unable to take time from the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as the keys are not matching

Just switched all our servers over from timesync to ntp. I have setup 2
servers, one on each side of a wan link to get time from the internet and
also be peer to peer with each other. I get the following error on the one.
  - peer authentication failure
Unable to take time from the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as the keys are not
matching.
Ensure that you have the right keys

I looked for the error, but couldn't find it.  Any ideas here?

Thanks
Bill

0
Bill

Hmmm, I didn't think NTP required any form of authentication or used
keys at all. In any case you might run sdidiag and check the server and
tree keys.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
8/25/2008 11:04:44 PM
Andrew C Taubman wrote:

> Hmmm, I didn't think NTP required any form of authentication or used
> keys at all. In any case you might run sdidiag and check the server
> and tree keys.

Unless you configure it I'd say.....

--
Cheers,
Edward

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\timeProvider\NtpServer

Enabled=0

--
Sorato
Sorato's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=38169

0
Sorato

Tarpitting active for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ??
Sending email to a particular domain is giving me a message on GWIA "DMN: Send Failure: 421 4.0.0 Tarpitting active for [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]" where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the public IP of my GWIA. What is this? I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of mailbomb protection if you're trying to send to tons of recepients at a particular mail server/domain, but my message only listed 4 recepients. James JJB wrote: > What is this? > > I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of > mailbomb prot...

request for authentication with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp
When I use the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp tool to install a printer or to install the ipp client, I get a request to authenticate. To authenticate, I have to use the full user context identification ie. efarmer.mt.mvctc. Ironically, if I cancel the authentication--do no authentication-- I can still do the same updates, no problem. Is there a way to not have the request for authentication come up? If not, is there a way to have contextless login? Ed There is no way currently to use contextless login with iprint. As far as authenticating on port 631, there should...

Did Not receive identification string from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hello. I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two strings with the above format i.e: - Did not receive identification from 61.152.223.195 Did not receive identification string from 222.242.199.132 Both are appearing as entries for sshd. I have enabled ssh and port 22 is opened. What does this mean? -- gakiimurerwa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:56:02 +0000, gakiimurerwa wrote: > > Hello. > > I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two string...

Received a Decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I get these errors every once in a while Received a Decline packet for address... Today I noticed that the IP address it has listed was being used (DHCP) earlier, but the person using that machine has rebooted so it grabbed a new IP. Now that machine is holding 2 IP addresses, one Dynamic (in use) and the other one is marked Unathorized by the DNS/DHCP client. For some reason DHCP is holding onto that IP address for the machine even though it's not using it. I wanted to manually release it, but the only option I could see was "Delete" and that doesn't sound good. I ...

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxx@xxx.com
I  was getting  this same  message and I have seen the topic:   http://forums.asp.net/thread/1354838.aspx   which I did.   Now when I try to run the control asp:PasswordRecovery,  I get a message saying “Your password has been sent to you” and it would appear that everything worked successfully.   But  the email never gets to the sent to the sending email box.   And there are no messsages in my C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue  folder nor any of the other mailroot folders.   Any ideas of what is wrong?    H...

Someone on address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx wants to send ICMP packet to your machine?
application tcpip.kernal driver Anyone know what this is? the IP address resolves to serial1-10.xxx.xxxx.alter.net. I keep getting the same request over and over again Thanks SE "Lawrence Baldwin" <baldwinL@mynetwatchman.com> wrote in message news:a6o8pu$259o$1@news.grc.com... > Given that the source is a UUnet router, this could be the root cause: > http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/security/backscat.htm > "SE" <watertoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:a6m3uv$2sa4$1@news.grc.com... > > application tcpip.kernal dri...

IP alerts in ZAP for 216.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hi I have been getting a lot of alerts from IP's begining with the IP 216. It always appears to try and get in on port 80. These have been happening at an interval of about every 5 to 10 min. The rest of the IP number after 216 is different but some are the same. this has been happening for several days now Is there any need to worry about this?? Thanks in advance Examples The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (HTTP) from 216.214.141.171 (TCP Port 2535) [TCP Flags: S]. Time: 8/10/2001 9:14:30 AM The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer...

use of Inherits="xxx.xxx.xxx"
Can someone please tell me the exact use of Inherits word used in the page level directive? example, <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default_new.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="myapp.default_new" %> thanks in advancefeed the creative machine Hi, taken from this url: @ Page I found this: Inherits Defines a code-behind class for the page to inherit. This can be any class derived from the Page class. For information about code-behind classes, see Web Forms Code Model. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. H...

Bugizilla 4.4.8 : There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla-daemon@xxx.xxx.x.xxx' to 'mail-id@domain': Couldn't authenticate 'mail-id@gmail.com:...'
Dear All, I had configured Bugizilla 4.4.8 almost 8 months back for our internal purpose and was working fine all these days. Today morning it started giving the following error when I try to login as administrator. -----ERROR----------------------------------------------- An unexpected error occurred. This could be a temporary problem, or some code is behaving incorrectly. If this problem persists, please email this page to mail-d@domain with details of what you were doing at the time this message appeared. URL: http://192.168.0.138/complaints/index.cgi There was an error ...

Parser Error: Could not load type 'xxx.xxx.xx.xxx'
Hello,I'm getting the error the error Could not load the type  when I try to execute ASP.NET 2.0 web application from Visual Studio as well as with IIS using browse page option. The error is so annoying and I'm not able to proceed any further. The details of the error are given below. The most annoying issue is, the same web application is running on my colleagues PC but not on my PC. I browsed through many forum and tried all these following options but still I'm not luckySetting the ASP.NET version in IIS to 2.xxxxPublishing the web application on local IIS using publish o...

Server Error: Failed to boot server 'XXX'
After installation of ASE 12.5 on Windows NT Server, When I create a sybase server it fails to start the server. Configuring, restarting, rebooting ..no good. Error 1058: The specified device is disabled or cannot started. Can anyone help? Mat wrote... > After installation of ASE 12.5 on Windows NT Server, When I create a > sybase server it fails to start the server. > Configuring, restarting, rebooting ..no good. > Error 1058: The specified device is disabled or cannot started. > Can anyone help? > Look in the error log that should be in %sybase%\ASE-12_5...

SM does not get rid of xxx.msf or xxx.dat on unsubscribing from xxx?
When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: > When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of > the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Built in. In case you want to re-subscribe. You can delete them if you wish Moz Champion (Dan) wrote: > Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: >> When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of >> the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} f...

TLS: error: the certificate '/etc/openldap/certs/xxx.crt' could not be found in the database
I was told by the Chief Architect, OpenLDAP the following: "This has nothing to do with OpenLDAP. Your build is using the MozNSS=20 crypto library, ask them for help." So, here is my setup - I've recently updated both my openldap servers to 2.4.39 version and=20 everything seems to be working EXCEPT the mirror synchronization which=20 was the issue I had previously with 2.4.23 Running on CentOS 6.5 Setup - Server1(provider): ldap-east.xxxxx.net Server2(consumer): ldap-west.xxxxx.net Not using self signed certs. Instead have a SAN(Subject Alternativ...

What about 169.254.xxx.xxx ?
Steve, Thought you might like to add to the web pages somewhere that Microsoft Windows' single desktops that aren't already in a Network often "autoconfig" their LAN cards to: 169.254.xxx.xxx at bootup! Any idea why they do that? I looked it up at IANA, and it comes back as: =========================================== NetRange: 169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255 CIDR: 169.254.0.0/16 NetName: LINKLOCAL NetHandle: NET-169-254-0-0-1 Parent: NET-169-0-0-0-0 NetType: IANA Special Use NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IA...

Receive a decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxt/unauthorized assignment type
Hi, I am running netware 5.1 sp7 and dhcpsrvr 313c and this is the dilemma: I am receiving decline packets on the dhcp server console and the addresses that are showing up are in the dhcp console with an assignment type of Unauthorized. If I check through the IP range the machine that holds the Unauthorized assignment type will have more than one IP address listed for each machine that is reporting this error. I tried TID 10014757 and had the SET UNAUTHORIZED IP SCAN INTERVAL =1. That released the IP's back to dynamic so I changed it to =8 so that it would have less impact on the netw...

Web resources about - NTP server error. - peer authentication failure. Unable to take time from the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as the keys are not matching - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Two-factor authentication: double or nothing
An extra layer of security keeps hackers at bay.