Managed server list in NRM using DNS name instead of IP address

Hi all.  When I go into NRM and go to the bottom link and click on managed
server list it brings all of my servers up just fine.  However as I move
the mouse across the server names I see the DNS name instead of the IP so
when I click on the applicable server it goes to page can not be found.
If I enter the IP address manually everything is OK.  My question is where
can I go to change the link from using the DNS name to the IP.  Example:

dmznoell.com is what it shows when it should show http://192.168.60.5

thanks
0
mark

Mark,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

mark@ctcommunications.com wrote:
> My question is where
> can I go to change the link from using the DNS name to the IP.

You really can't. The list is dynamically created from SLP, and the
portal service in SLP registers with it's DNS name.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
> You really can't. The list is dynamically created from SLP, and the
> portal service in SLP registers with it's DNS name.

Cool.  I have another part to the question however.  When I just click on
the managed server I want to view it goes to page can not be displayed
unless I use the IP address instead.  Any ideas?  thanks
0
mark

mark@ctcommunications.com wrote:

> > You really can't. The list is dynamically created from SLP, and the
> > portal service in SLP registers with it's DNS name.
>
> Cool.  I have another part to the question however.  When I just click on
> the managed server I want to view it goes to page can not be displayed
> unless I use the IP address instead.  Any ideas?

Make your servers DNS names work?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

> Make your servers DNS names work?

 i'm kind of new to this so i'm not exactly sure how to check the DNS
name.  I do know if I boot them up it shows the DNS name in blue and not
red!  thanks
0
mark

mark@ctcommunications.com wrote:

> > Make your servers DNS names work?
> >
>  i'm kind of new to this so i'm not exactly sure how to check the DNS
> name.  I do know if I boot them up it shows the DNS name in blue and not
> red!  thanks

Well, the server shows it's name based on what is in it's own
sys:\etc\hosts file for it's own IP address. YOu need to make sure that
this name can be reached via DNS, or alternatively, you can put the same
entries for all your servers into the local hosts file of your
workstation.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
5/12/2005 4:41:24 PM
> Well, the server shows it's name based on what is in it's own
> sys:\etc\hosts file for it's own IP address. YOu need to make sure that
> this name can be reached via DNS, or alternatively, you can put the same
> entries for all your servers into the local hosts file of your
> workstation.

Thanks a bunch.  Everything is fine now!
0
mark

DNS name in netware remote manager instead of IP
Hey all. This isn't a problem per se; things still work. I'm just curious. I have four server and whenever I go to the managed server list part of NRM it shows all other three but when I click on them it populates the search bar with the dns: i.e. gw7x.ctcommunications.com instead of it's IP. As soon as I do the IP and port 8008 it works. Just curious, thanks Mark, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you migh...

what server name to use in SQL Server Management Tool
My hosting company is slow and incomplete in answering a question of mine, which hopefully will be generic enough to be answered here; and which I haven't found the answer to anywhere else on the Web. Question: On the SQL Server 2005 Management Express, I have no problem connecting to the database I have on my local machine. However, I need to know what to write in the "Server" textbox in the opening "Connect to Server" menu. How do you determine what it is? Thanks in advance for helping me through this mystery.  You need to write SQL Server nam...

How do I delete an IP address from the DNS server list?
I just finished a migration. On my old server, the DNS server used the secondary IP address that I had bound to the NIC. When I reinstalled DNS/DHCP, I had forgotten to put the "add secondary address" line in my autoexec.ncf. The new install assigned the DNS server to my primary IP address. No workstations were able to get DNS services from the server, because they were being told to look to the old address for DNS. I added the secondary IP address and rebooted. I now have DNS servers running on both IP addresses and DNS works again. How do I remove the DNS service from...

patch management server uses wrong IP address
Instead of upgrading from version 6.3 to 6.4, I rebuilt the server from scratch. Current version of the patch management server is 6.4.2.1378 and the agent is 6.4.2.405 (Windows 2003 server SP2 with SQL Server 2005 Express). The server has 2 NICs, one for the LAN (10.10.x.x) and one for the Tivoli backup (10.11.x.x). Today, after deploying the SP3 for SQL Server 2005 express from patch management, I manually did the installation of SP3. I don't know if this caused the problem but mention it anyway. Installation of the agents was done using the Host name and not the IP addres...

DNS name or IP Address of Server with something like db_property
how does one get the DNS name or IP address of the server where the SP is running ... using ASA 9.02 Look at server properties in the online help. You access server properties with the property() system function. you will want the 'Node' property value i.e., property('NodeAddress ') Robert wrote: > how does one get the DNS name or IP address of the server where the SP is > running ... using ASA 9.02 > > -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***********************************************...

FTP replication using a static IP address instead of a host name
Previously I have been using a host name (xxxx.xxxx.com) in my FTP replication. This work perfectly fine. Due to certain circumstances I now need to use a static IP (i.e. 111.111.11.11) I placed this in the registry and now all I get when I try to replicate is the FTP dialog prompting for HOST,USER,PASSWORD,STARTUP directory. Does anyone have an idea on what could be wrong? I am using 5.5.04 build 1867 Thanks TPS Please post the debug output by setting the debug=yes registry entry (see help file) -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup TPS wrote in...

how to access a website using a url name instead of giving ip address
 hi to all!i have developed a web site using asp 2.0 and deployed it on server  now when my client want to access that site he has to enter ip address in the url like http://192.168.0.84 to access the website. i want to give them a url name like (www.something.com) can someone suggest me how too do this.thanks in advance   Thanks & RegardsRuchika SharmaPune-- This is not a problem....You just need dynamic dns.....you can use a site like NOIP.com.....or another....  http://www.no-ip.com/   Setting up dynamic dns will allow the user to type the act...

HOWTO
I am preparing a plan to deploy NDPS printers, and as part of this plan we need to create static IP addresses for the printers. What I would like to do ideally is to turn the printer on, let it obtain an address, and then mark it as permanent. However, my system administrator wants to restrict printers to a range of 10.2.5.x. Using the management console, I can't see any option for marking an address as permanent, or for taking an already assigned address and changing it to a different one. I can see how to create a manual address, and that is probably the option that we will ne...

Can't Login to Utilities Using Server Name (IP address works)
We are unable to login to iManager, Remote Manager, or a Dell utility if we access any of them using the server name (https://SRVR1/nps/imanager, https://SRVR1:8009, https://SRVR1:1311). The login screens will appear, but when we attempt to login we get various failure messages. Everything works fine if we use the IP address instead. I don't believe this is a name resolution issue, as the login screens do appear (which implies workstation DNS is fine), and the servers all have each other listed in their host files, in addition to being configured to use DNS. Based on di...

Management Zone, Server DNS, Server Address: Unavailable
I am setting up a new ZEN 10.1 system, W2003 server, and I cannot get the Agent to communicate with the server - firewalls turned off, etc. The Push Agent install failed, so I ended up installing the AgentComplete manually. My test workstation is a VMware virtual PC. Any help would be appreciated. -- mkramer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DNS checks out OK I also get the following when trying to use the zac reg command: Processing Command: reg user name: administrator password: ******** Unable to register with the...

DNS name switching between Primary IP Address and Secondary Ip
I am running three Novell SBS 6.0 servers with our main server running internal DNS and DHCP. I have assigned an internal domain name to an IP address (192.xxx.xxx.22) bound to an internal server with only one net card. I have assigned a secondary IP address (192.xxx.xxx.23)to that same net card. The internal domain name "abc.mydomain.com" can be pinged at the secondary ip address at some work stations and the primary ip address at the others. What could be causing this to happen? I want the primary address to be pinged at all times. Just wondering, Ken@...

What DNS server is used when using a proxy server?
Hey to all :) When you are using an anonymous proxy-server for the internet what happens with the translation of typed URLs to the IP address? What DNS server is used for the URL translation of the websites you visit? 1. The DNS server of your ISP or 2. the DNS server of the anonymous proxy server? Or in other words, who manages the URL translation for the visited websites: your ISP or the anonymous proxy server? Thanx in advance, Little Admin On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:45:32 +0100, Little Admin <i-do-not-have-email@hotmail.com> wrote: > When you are us...

NW65sp7 Server Install Hangs at Server name & ip address
Im installing on new hp ml350G5 and everytime it hangs after i enter the server name... sometimes eventually comes back to ask for ip address, but never gets further than that.. any ideas please Ash -- ashghai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ashghai, > Im installing on new hp ml350G5 and everytime it hangs after i enter the > server name... sometimes eventually comes back to ask for ip address, > but never gets further than that.. any ideas please > Try unplugging the network cable. - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) ...

Web resources about - Managed server list in NRM using DNS name instead of IP address - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Managed futures account - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Managed futures accounts include, but are not limited to, commodity pools . These funds are operated by commodity trading advisors (CTAs) or ...

HootSuite Launches Managed Security And Compliance Services
... their online reputations and social media assets comes from social relationship platform HootSuite , which announced the launch of its Managed ...

Managed by Q (@ManagedbyQ) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Managed by Q @ ManagedbyQ ...

How do I add, edit, or delete managed placements? - YouTube
AdWords Help Center article: https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=112270

Self managed super warned over housing - AdelaideNow Search Search
SELF-MANAGED superannuation fund trustees have been warned against making big bets on residential property.

ASG Group adds $11.3m contract - bi, ASG Group, Department of Housing, Managed Services, consulting ...
IT services provider, ASG Group, has concluded another contract in Western Australia, this time with the Department of Housing for about $11.3 ...

Superannuation Guide - Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
What is a self-managed superannuation fund?

Rising unemployment: self-managed funds to the rescue
Government advisors can now see big unemployment pressures in 2015-16. Unique policies involving bank regulation and self-managed funds will ...

Parliament contracts poorly managed, in-house food under fire: audit
A new report has attacked DPS over its management of $62.8 million worth of contracts, saying the business cases for the majority of them don't ...

IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Managed Print Services 2011 Hardcopy Vendor Analysis