iManager & ZEN

Does anyone know if iManager 2.0 is compatible with ZFD 4 remote
control?

Also, can iManager be installed on a Netware 5.1 server?

0
nzotti

nzotti@bankdataservices.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if iManager 2.0 is compatible with ZFD 4 remote
> control?

Can you explain what iManager has to do with remote control??

> Also, can iManager be installed on a Netware 5.1 server?

No.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forums Sysop

"Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your
life.
... Be generous, always."
Mark Greene in "On the Beach"

0
Kai
9/20/2003 10:10:47 PM
Kai,

Since Remote Control is essential to our daily help desk operations,
we
can't lose it.  Remote Control is only accessible through ConsoleOne,
and
some small other apps written by individuals.  Since iManagers
ultimate
goal is to replace ConsoleOne, it would only seem logical that
iManager
would incorporate ZEN's remote management feature.  Since ConsoleOne
cannot have it's functionality limited on a per user basis, we need a

solution that will allow us to control administrative rights, but
still
have the abiblity to remote control.

Thanks!
> nzotti@bankdataservices.com wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if iManager 2.0 is compatible with ZFD 4 remote
> > control?
>
> Can you explain what iManager has to do with remote control??
>

> > Also, can iManager be installed on a Netware 5.1 server?
>
> No.
>

> --
> Regards, Kai Reichert
> Novell Support Forums Sysop
>
> "Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your
life.
> ... Be generous, always."
> Mark Greene in "On the Beach"

0
nzotti
9/24/2003 1:56:33 PM
You can do remote control without consoleone (if the workstation is
already imported and configured to allow it with a policy) by using
Workstation Browser found here:

http://www.hdopp.de/S-ZENworks.html

We've been using it for over a year now and it works great.  Also can

give you some of the info about the workstation, including inventory
queries.

There are seperate versions depending on your version of zen.

-Mike

nzotti@bankdataservices.com wrote:

> Kai,
>
> Since Remote Control is essential to our daily help desk operations,
we
> can't lose it.  Remote Control is only accessible through
ConsoleOne, and
> some small other apps written by individuals.  Since iManagers
ultimate
> goal is to replace ConsoleOne, it would only seem logical that
iManager
> would incorporate ZEN's remote management feature.  Since ConsoleOne

> cannot have it's functionality limited on a per user basis, we need
> solution that will allow us to control administrative rights, but
still
> have the abiblity to remote control.
>
> Thanks!
>
> >nzotti@bankdataservices.com wrote:
> >

> >>Does anyone know if iManager 2.0 is compatible with ZFD 4 remote
> >>control?
> >
> >Can you explain what iManager has to do with remote control??
> >

> >>Also, can iManager be installed on a Netware 5.1 server?
> >
> >No.
> >

> >--
> >Regards, Kai Reichert
> >Novell Support Forums Sysop
> >
> >"Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your
life.
> >... Be generous, always."
> >Mark Greene in "On the Beach"

0
Mike

iPrint & iManager on OES Linux & Netware
Howdy All. We have a bit of an issue with our iPrint and iManagers. We just extended our schema and installed our first OES Linux Server. This server was/is replacing our current NW6.5sp2 iPrinter server. We added about 25-30 oe so printers in that we had on the NW6.5 server and all of them work great. We can use the iManager on that server to see and manage them all. We then brought up another server but this time running OES Netware. Then we consolidated all our file stores from the NW6.5sp2 file server we had onto this one. That went fine. Now, here's the issue at hand: Wh...

NetWare v6.0 SP5 & iManager v2.0.2 & licenses
I recently upgraded my NetWare v6.0 server from SP3 to SP5. I discovered that the older v1.x of iManager was not working properly when I tried to install an updated NetWare server license. I installed eDir v8.7.3, the JVM v1.4.2, Tomcat v4 and iManager v2.0.2. Now I'm trying to install an updated license for the NetWare server and although I can run iManager v2.0.2 successfully, there's no license management options being presented. At the same time, NWCONFIG steadfastly states that license management must now be performed via iManager. Is there something special t...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

netware 5.1 & zen
we are installing zen onto a nw 5.1 server, someone has mentioned that zen uses up alot of memory, will this slow up the server? we have 1 gb of memory in the server at present. thanks It may or may not depending on how much excess memory you have currently. If it's purely used for Zen 1gb is probably enough. If it's serving 2,000 users, running several large GW POs, and is a DS master as well then 1gb won't be enough. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opi...

Netware 6.5 & iManager
Hello, We have a help desk consisting of about 8 people. They all currently have full rights using console one. Audit is making us limit the number of people having access to these tasks. I need to find a solution that will allow us to control access, but also allow everyone to continue to use the remote control feature in ZENworks. I read that iManager 2.0 has role based administration. Is this the same thing as controlling access? Also, does iManager 2.0 interface with ZEN for remote control? Nzotti, It appears that in the past few days you have not rec...

Quick & dirty Poll Admin tool
I'm tasked with building a small homepage poll driven by a database, along with an admin tool to modify questions and put up / pull down different polls.I've got, like, 5 days to do it.Can anyone point me at a sample I could download so I don't have to start from scratch?ASP.NET w/ VB.NET code-behindeventually Oracle database but I can develop on SQL in the meantimea poll is 1-4 questions, Y/N or multiple choice (2-4 answers)may be several polls "staged", only 1 live at a timeuser  can vote and view poll resultsadmin tool promotes a poll to live or demotes to edit Suggestions? Yo...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

System Login script: different for SYSCON & NetWare Admin
Hi All, I have a discrepancy between the system login script I see from SYSCON versus the one I see for NetWare Admin. Oddly enough the changes made in NWAdmin seem to take, but not be reflected in SYSCON. Finally I put specific comment in the scrip so I could search for the script file on my SYS: disk. The file does not exist in text form. So first off:- - Novel Netware 4.11 - SYSCON 3.75 - NetWare Admin Vers 5.1.9f Odd error running SECURITY.EXE that I wondered if it might relate: Server Error (0x89ec) reading Supervisor OBJ_SUPERVISOR property from bindery. s...

ASP.NET Web Site Admin tool & Custom Provider
FYI: I did   I have written two custom providers for our Oracle 9i database...a Membershp provider and a Role provider. I've been testing these over the last few days and they seem to be working well. However, when I try to use the ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site Administration Tool in VS 2005, I get an error when I click on the "Create User" link.On the tool's Provider tab, I have selected to use my custom providers! Also, I do not seem to have a problem managing existing users or creating/managing roles. Nor do I have any problems when I programmatically create a new user using the "Membership....

using diff IPs for admin tools & web site (nw65)
Hello, We're running NetWare 6.5 SP1a on a host outside our firewall. This host has 2 IPs: a private one (192.168.xxx.xxx) with could be accessed only from our network and a public one for running services that should be available via Internet including web site. The sever has 1 NIC. These 2 IPs are simply bound to this only NIC in inetcfg; during the installation I set this server up with only private address (so that all services bind/use by default this private address). The public address was added only after the installation/intial configuration had been done. (This ...

NetWare & Apple & WatchDog
To connect a notebook to the Novell NetWare 4.11 server (IP/IPX) without using the Novell client, I use NetWare Service. I map a drive (or browse to via Network Neighbourhood), provide the username and password and login. I can access files and printers, which is the purpose. 1. Is there an equivalent for the Apple Mac OS X? Is there a page online which details the steps to achieve this? 2. Is this possible on Windows XP Home? NetWare Services is built into XPP, but not XPH. I am wondering if there is an add-in for NetWare Services. === I use WatchDog to turf inactive logins...

&& In Generated Javascript Becomes &amp;&amp;
I am trying to write client side scripts in c#, asp.net V 1.4. The && operator is generated in the javascript as &amp;amp;, which causes errors.  How can I avoid this? (Code below)  Thanks in advance.   script = "<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>\n"; script += "if (Form1." + tbxA.ClientID + ".value == '' && "; script += "Form1." + tbxB.ClientID + ".value == '') {"; script += "Form1." + cbxC.ClientID + ".Checked = false;}"; ...

Zen 4.0 XP Symantec Safe Mode & Local Admin Issue
Okay symantec antivirus had problems with a set of virus definitions. They would make my machines reboot every time they got to the login. So, I had to boot in safe mode, delete the new definitions so we could use the old ones until the problem with the new ones was sorted out. The issue is that I use Zen 4.0 to lock down my student XP boxes. Whenever I need to fix something I log on as the local admin to that box and fix it. (Thus it does not have to be on the network). However, the policies affect ALL users even the local admin user. So I have to authenticate to the netw...

Web resources about - iManager & ZEN - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Index of /wordpress
Name Last modified Size Description Parent Directory - imanager/ 04-Mar-2011 17:26 - squareads/ 17-Mar-2011 00:43 - wp-content/ 04-Mar-2011 17:25 ...

Apple iPod event predictions, long shot edition
Everyone knows we'll get iPods with cameras and a new iTunes, but what else might we see?

DIGITIMES Green energy news
DIGITIMES Green energy news

BT & Huawei achieve real-world super channel speed of 3Tbps
Speed achieved over a fully-managed core Flexgrid optical network Record spectral efficiency of 5.97bit/s/Hz Equivalent to transmitting around ...

Huawei - Products Lifecycle
Worldwide - My Huawei - Log out - Log in Cloud Computing Service Delivery Platform NGBSS Digital Home Enterprise Business Wireless Access Fixed ...

Huawei Products - Huawei
Corporate Enterprise Consumer Carrier Contact Us - Worldwide - Login - Register - Quick Links Products & Solutions By Industry How to Buy Partners ...

Huawei Products
All Products Solutions Case Studies Documentation Center News & Announcements Home Worldwide Login My space Log Out Register Contact Us Networking ...

NPR clarifies its code of ethics for acquired shows - India Gazette
An update to NPR's ethics handbook released Thursday clarifies which staffers and shows should abide ...

NetWare 6 Server Management
With an eye towards passing the Netware 6 CNE exam, this chapter explains the ins and outs of managing a Netware 6 server.

The Linux BeaconNovell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3
Novell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3 by Timothy Prickett Morgan Novell said this week that it has begun shipping ...