How to use send message utility through command line novell

Hey,

Is it possible to use the send message utility from the novell client
sp2 from the command line?
We are using windows 7 and windows xp.

Thanks in advance.

Joeri

--
jfeyen

jfeyen

Not that I'm aware of today - most of the command line utilities went
away, the same as NetWare 4.x and Win95/98 and those Novell clients that
supported them.
It was possible to use the �send� command to send a message to Users,
but that was with NetWare 4.2 command line utilities just like with the
�map� command, most are now imbedded in the Client menu.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462

0
leroyjjr
3/29/2012 3:46:02 PM
I can't add to Leroy's answer, but I'm curious as to why you would want to
do so.

"jfeyen" <jfeyen@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

> Hey,
>
> Is it possible to use the send message utility from the novell client
> sp2 from the command line?
> We are using windows 7 and windows xp.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Joeri
>

> --
> jfeyen
> jfeyen's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=91976
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=454068

0
Grant
3/31/2012 7:01:15 AM
gathagan;2186586 Wrote:
> I can't add to Leroy's answer, but I'm curious as to why you would want
> do so.
>
> "jfeyen" <jfeyen@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > Is it possible to use the send message utility from the novell
> client
> > sp2 from the command line?
> > We are using windows 7 and windows xp.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Joeri
> >

> > --
> > jfeyen

> > jfeyen's Profile: 'View Profile: jfeyen - Novell - NetIQ - SUSE'
> (http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=91976)
> > View this thread: 'How to use send message utility through command
> line novell' (http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=454068)

Thanks gathagan,
I can only surmise that they may not have direct access to the Server
Console to send the messages to the User(s).
Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=454068

0
leroyjjr

Command-line utility to send Netware messages
Sending a message by clicking the red N is easy, but we want to do it from the command line. (batch file) We don't want to use the Windows net send, as we have disabled the Messenger service. Environment is NW6, 2k/XP workstations, client 4.9 (various sp levels) Any clues? Maybe the NWSEND utility available at http://www.novellshareware.com/communications.shtml can help you. -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ Thanks, Marcel, NWSEND looks like just what I was after. I've downloaded the trial. If it does what I think it does, the paid version ...

Which utility can I use to send email via command line?
How do I configure mailx, postfix, sendmail, or another alternative to send e-mail out through my ISP's SMTP server? My ISP's SMTP server requires outgoing authentication. I don't want to setup my own machine as a POP or SMTP server, I just want to send emails via BASH. The purpose of this is I want to create a short PERL script to send my current public IP to my external email account. (I have a dynamic public IP). Thanks for any help! -- redmustard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [QUOTE=redmustard] How do I c...

Netware Services/Netware Utilities/Send Message
I have a question regading how does each user get assigned the corresponding number to the right in the send message box. Often times we will have one user logged on several stations thus this name appears 6 times with six different numbers to the right. Can I differentiate between these names ensuring that the one computer I send to is the desired machine? Please email me back at Kurhajetz@vikingelectric.com. Thanks, Russ Kurhajetz Russ, the number corresponds to their connection number to the server - each number will be unique. Without knowing which connection a ...

using the Tools>Read mail and Tools>New message commands
Name: Stephane Valladier Email: chamroueye_at_hotmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: using the Tools>Read mail and Tools>New message commands Comments: May be someone has already suggested it. I think it would be good if one was able to access a particular program when trying to use these commands. I mean : when I use these commands, Firefox opens Microsoft Outlook. But I don't use Outlook. I write/send email with web accounts (like hotmail, or university mail systems). So what would be good, I think, is to be able to go say in the Tools>Options menu and here...

netware send message utility...
Is there a way to administratively turn off the netware send message function from the server-side? I know I can go into the properties of the client and disable the 'send message' menu item, but it would be easier and more reliable if I could disable this from the server. We don't want people to be able to use this feature. It is a form of instant messaging that regulations do not allow us to have. Thanks in advance! You could do a "set disabled broadcast notifications process=on" at the server---but that will disable ALL broadcasts---even the server s...

send message command line
--____VQTZMHLXDABVTWIKQQLW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 24 Oct 2007 12:37:42 -0400" Q2FuIHlvdSBzZW5kIGEgbWVzc2FnZSB2aWEgY29tbWFuZCBsaW5lIHVzaW5nIHRoZSBzZW5kIG1l c3NhZ2UgdXRpbGl0eT8= --____VQTZMHLXDABVTWIKQQLW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____SQIXEQCUSZMSKPZPJGLF____" --____SQIXEQCUSZMSKPZPJGLF____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 24 Oct 20...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

Problem using the dbsvc command-line utility
Hello Im using ASA 7.0.2.1506 After I create a service with the utility I can't start it. The error im geting is "Access to this service is denied". I get the error even if I login as administrator. When I look at the service using Sybase Central everything looks fine. I use this command line: dbsvc.exe -as -s Automatic -t Network -w Pos2000 "c:\program files\sybase\SQL Anywhere 7\win32\dbsvr7.exe" -x tcpip -ca 0 -c 15M c:\pos2000\databas\tanc02.butik1_1.db Anyone have any idea what is wrong? /Tomi I had problem spelling "dbsrv7" :) ...

Sending mail from command line but using the GroupWise client
Hi, is it possible to send an email from a program, using GroupWise (not gwsend) like Word can do it from File -> Send? Thx, G�bor Gabor, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free produc...

Groups Stopped showing up in NetWare utilities "Send Message"
While the NetWare Utility "Send Message" has worked for years it has now decided we can no longer send to Groups. We like to use Groups when printing check etc to tell people not to print in the Accounting Department. Any ideas why when we select "Show Groups", it is now blank?? Clients are mostly XP Pro with 4.90SP1 or 4.91 clients and on NW6.5SP3, NW 6.0SP4, NW6.0SP5 servers. Edir 8.7.3.3. Peter Jam wrote: > While the NetWare Utility "Send Message" has worked for years it has > now decided we can no longer send to Groups. We like to use ...

Chromium message "you are using an unsupported command line option --no sandbox"
I am getting this orange bar as of the subject of this thread every time I use chromium. Question: a) can I get rid of it permanently without having to click it away every time? b) is there a reason why the setting --no sandbox has been applied? Version of Chromium: Code: -------------------- version 19.0.1066.0 (svn126066) -------------------- Version of openSUSE 12.1 Thank you. -- Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature ? Not able to control? Then -please vote- for *https://features.opensuse.org/312047* openSUSE sh...

Is it possible to use XP's new command line tools in Win2k?
WinXP comes with a new set of command line tools: <http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_new_tools.mspx?mfr=true> http://tinyurl.com/3c3o2s These tools are located on the XP install disc in the \Support\Tools folder. Typical install, double-click setup.exe. <http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tools_overview.mspx?mfr=true> http://tinyurl.com/2kognj The article says there are over 40 additional support tools. I'm wondering if I could install these tools on a Win2k system....

Unable to read PKCS#8 file generated using OpenSSL command line tool
Hi, I am having problem in reading PKCS#8 file generated by OpenSSL command line tool ("opnessl pkcs8"). OpenSSL supports a number of encryption algorithms with option v1 and v2 (http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/pkcs8.html). I can only successfully read the PKCS#8 file generated using enryption alogrithm with following OID: SEC_OID_PKCS12_V2_PBE_WITH_SHA1_AND_3KEY_TRIPLE_DES_CBC which is also the same encryption algorithm used by NSS for encrypting PKCS#12 file. (I have used following command to generate the file : openssl pkcs8 -in userkey_uenc.pem -topk8 -v1 PBE-S...

Sending/recieving message to Other System/ PowerBuilde application using third party OCX tool.
Hi team, I have a application server developed in Power Builder 5.0 on Windows NT, we have around 400 clients. Clients sends/recieve message to server using Mailslot (UDP) protcol for further processing to other system. It is a two way message communication between client and server. Since message through mail slot communication layer is not supported in higher version (windows 2000). We want to change communication layer to winsock - TCP. We are trying to do this, using third party OCX control using OLE. Can any one help to find reliable third party tool through which client and s...

Web resources about - How to use send message utility through command line novell - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Some Pebble smartwatch owners can now reply to text messages on the watch – but there are catches
Pebble smartwatches just got a little smarter, allowing some iPhone owners to reply to text messages directly on the watch – something that has ...

WhatsApp gets starred messages, rich preview links and more in latest update
WhatsApp, one of the most popular mobile messaging services on Android, is getting quite the handful of useful features in its latest update. ...

Viber now lets you attach files, delete messages and more
Viber continues to bring handy updates that make the app even more vibrant all the time. From the addition of sticker packs and link previews ...

AT&T, Verizon try to prevent ban on text message blocking
(credit: Intel Free Press ) AT&T, Verizon, and other wireless carriers are urging the Federal Communications Commission to reject a petition ...

Tom Brady Sends Thanksgiving Message Fulfilling Fan’s Final Wish
Jaclyn Spotts, 23, has been in critical care at Beth Israel Medical Center in Boston. On November 22, her sister Natalie said in a Facebook post ...

Hollande's message to Obama: This is an emergency
A French official tells CBS News that Francois Hollande will tell Obama the threat from ISIS requires urgent action

After Paris attacks, the message Obama wants climate summit to send
Nearly 150 world leaders are gathering for the climate summit in Paris just two weeks after the terrorist attacks there. The meeting is now about ...

The Messages The US Dropped On ISIS Are Chilling
The Messages The US Dropped On ISIS Are Chilling

Broadcast Networks Kick Off Thanksgiving Programming With Obama Message: Keep Calm, Carry On
Big 4 broadcast networks joined their cable news brethren in carrying President Obama ’s short Thanksgiving-eve statement to a jittery public ...