DNS & URL forwarding...

Can I & how do I setup DNS to do a URL forward?

0
Jody

Jody,

you may want to post to the DNS-DHCP newsgroup instead ...

Peter
Novell Product Support Forum
'NDS/eDirectory Rules!'

0
Peter
4/16/2004 12:36:35 AM
oops... Not thinking. Thanks.

"Peter Kuo" <Peter@Novell.Product.Support.Forums> wrote in message
> Jody,
>
> you may want to post to the DNS-DHCP newsgroup instead ...
>

> Peter
> Novell Product Support Forum
> 'NDS/eDirectory Rules!'

0
Jody

DNS forwarding to Windows DNS & External ISP
Hello, Here is my situation : I have my corporate Netware 6 (sp5) DNS servers in zone A.corpo I also have a dept. Win 2k3 DNS server in zone B.local. A -I need the workstations in B.local to access the ones in A.corpo. B -I need the workstations in A.corpo to access the ones in B.corpo. C -All other queries need to go to ext. ISP. My actual config : A - Successfully configured the Win2k3 server to forward all queries for A.corpo to the ip address of my Netware DNS servers (I can forward to a zone ). C - I already have the ip address of my external DNS servers in the f...

[Netware DNS] Redirect URL
Hi, Is it possible to create a DNS entry that redirect a URL to another specific URL? I need to be able to redirect to this specific url: http://srv-07.company.local/?ch=TRA when people type in http://intranet.company.local. Not a CNAME, I tried that but it doesn't work. -- Kind regards, Arjan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:16:01 GMT, aanthonisse <aanthonisse@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote: >Is it possible to create a DNS entry that redirect a URL to another >specific URL? No...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

DNS not forwarding to other dns servers
We had a problem the other day when we lost power on our external DNS server. Users out on the internet were not able to hit our website and do any resolutions to our Secure VPN gateway. When we used the URL address for the website it would not resolve. When we used the VPN Client it would not resolve the name to an address to access the VPN. If we used the IP address it would work. I was under the impression if my dns server went down anyone trying to resolve address to my domain would get the resolution from their DNS server since this information was cached in their DNS Server....

ZA & DNS & . . .
Environement: 1.8GHz PC WinXP DialUp ISP connection Often my internet sessions start well. Sometimes, however, ZA announces that it has blocked a DNS from my machine to the ISP. There is no immediatiate problem. When I next dial the ISP, the connection is made, IE shows 'my.yahoo.com' in the destination line, and the message 'site can't be found' appears immediately. No site can be found. Only when I reboot can successful internet connections be made. Is it WinXP? Is it a timing problem due to the fast processor? Is it ZA? Thanks, Harry I've had...

DNS Forwarders to Microsoft DNS
We have 80% of our network on Novell Netware and use DHCP and DNS on Novell servers. Recently there have been implementations of Microsoft Active Directory installations and we were told that Microsoft does not support Novell DNS and we are therefore having to keep a Microsoft DNS. I have set a forwarder on my DNS server that points to the IP address of my Windows 2003 server and thought that if the Novell DNS could not reply it would be forwarded to the Win2003 DNS, it isn't working though, any ideas? Mark We have 4 Novell DNS servers and I have just not...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Quick & dirty Poll Admin tool
I'm tasked with building a small homepage poll driven by a database, along with an admin tool to modify questions and put up / pull down different polls.I've got, like, 5 days to do it.Can anyone point me at a sample I could download so I don't have to start from scratch?ASP.NET w/ VB.NET code-behindeventually Oracle database but I can develop on SQL in the meantimea poll is 1-4 questions, Y/N or multiple choice (2-4 answers)may be several polls "staged", only 1 live at a timeuser  can vote and view poll resultsadmin tool promotes a poll to live or demotes to edit Suggestions? Yo...

NetWare DNS & EDNS/DNSSEC support?
Just checking, but is there anything that needs to be configured on NetWare DNS to enable pass-through of EDNS/DNSSEC queries? I'm running NW65SP8 with the latest DNS patches, and running a test suggests that the server doesn't forward EDNS queries. With the roleout of DNSSEC to the roots in a week, I wanted to make sure this wouldn't be an issue. I've already tweaked my firewall and a secondary Win2k3 DNS server to handle this. Thanks! -- jkinard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi there, I have the same ne...

Conditional DNS Forwarding in Netware 6.5 --- HOWTO
Hello, We have some DNS servers (NW 6.5 SP2 / DNSDHCP 6.0.2 / eDir 8.7.3.0), with our ISP's DNS addresses in the "Forwarding List" for internet name resolution. Our parent company is Microsoft-only with Active Directory. To be able to access their Intranet Portal (Single Signon via SSL), we are told (by Microsoft Support) to set up "Conditional Forwarding" in our Netware Name Servers, to forward name resolution requests for hosts in our parent company's domain to a specific DNS/DC address in that domain. I am not sure that Netware supports tha...

System Login script: different for SYSCON & NetWare Admin
Hi All, I have a discrepancy between the system login script I see from SYSCON versus the one I see for NetWare Admin. Oddly enough the changes made in NWAdmin seem to take, but not be reflected in SYSCON. Finally I put specific comment in the scrip so I could search for the script file on my SYS: disk. The file does not exist in text form. So first off:- - Novel Netware 4.11 - SYSCON 3.75 - NetWare Admin Vers 5.1.9f Odd error running SECURITY.EXE that I wondered if it might relate: Server Error (0x89ec) reading Supervisor OBJ_SUPERVISOR property from bindery. s...

ASP.NET Web Site Admin tool & Custom Provider
FYI: I did   I have written two custom providers for our Oracle 9i database...a Membershp provider and a Role provider. I've been testing these over the last few days and they seem to be working well. However, when I try to use the ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site Administration Tool in VS 2005, I get an error when I click on the "Create User" link.On the tool's Provider tab, I have selected to use my custom providers! Also, I do not seem to have a problem managing existing users or creating/managing roles. Nor do I have any problems when I programmatically create a new user using the "Membership....

Web resources about - DNS & URL forwarding... - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Call forwarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Call forwarding , or call diversion , is a telephony feature of some telephone switching systems which redirects a telephone call to another ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Choice urges IP spoofing for better IT prices - Parliament, House, prices, iTunes, guide, US forwarding ...
Consumers should spoof their IP address and use US forwarding addresses to beat high IT prices in Australia, consumer advocacy group Choice said. ...

Martin Taupau email mix-up highlights legal risks of forwarding misdirected message
An incredible email mix-up gave a Canadian theatre critic a cracking NRL scoop &ndash; and potentially a legal headache.

VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance_网络子站_IT专家网
VRF-VPN路由转发实例(VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance) VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance

Facebook Messenger updated to version 4.0 with groups and message forwarding
... 4.0 Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place Forwarding: ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding - SocialTimes
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Sprint StarStar Me offers vanity phone numbers and controlled call forwarding
Sprint has kicked off a new add-on service today called StarStar Me. For $2.99/month, subscribers can register a new number that's accessed by ...

Facebook Messenger 4.0 Features Easy Group Creation And Message Forwarding
... , its messaging-focused app, to version 4.0 on iOS. Facebook Messenger 4.0 introduces a couple of significant new features: groups and forwarding. ...