DNS / DHCP Questions

Would I post these type of questions in this forum?

If not, can you please direct me to the correct forum?

Thanks,
Cheryl
0
cfischer

List of forums available here http://support.novell.com/forums/2nw.html

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

DHCP/DNS Question
Runnning NW 6.5 SP5 with DHCP and DNS For some reason the DHCP servers are not updating the IN-ARPA reverse lookup entries. The servers are handing out addresses correctly and doing DNS fine, EXCEPT reverse lookups are incorrect Any ideas ?? Thanks Doug Doug Roehm wrote: > Runnning NW 6.5 SP5 with DHCP and DNS > For some reason the DHCP servers are not updating the IN-ARPA reverse > lookup entries. The servers are handing out addresses correctly and > doing DNS fine, EXCEPT reverse lookups are incorrect > Any ideas ?? > Thanks > Doug Just realized im in...

DNS / DHCP Questions?
Is this the correct forum for these questions? Please advise. Thanks, Cheryl there is a specific DNS-DHCP forum, which would be a better starting point -- Shaun Pond Novell Support Connection SysOp ...

DHCP/DNS question
Is there a preferred location for DHCP/DNS in a network where there is a Main FS, BM server, Backup server, and 3 other servers? I'm think place it on the server where the logins take place. Or should I split it where DHCP is on the MainFS and DNS could reside on the BM server? Thanks Jon, Please ask in the novell.support.netware.dns-dhcp forum for the best response. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hu...

DNS/DHCP question
I've got a mixed bag here with Windows AD and NDS. the Windows group insists that AD functions best with a Windows DNS, so we set up our network accordingly. my question is this. I still want to run DHCP from the NDS side. if I do that, is it necessary to also have a DNS service in the tree? I tried removing it and got messages on my DHCP console about trying to connect to the IP of the NW server that last ran DNS followed by RoconstructConnection failed, etc. and DHCP wouldn't work. I re-added the service to the DHCP server and everything seems OK. Mike O'Shea ElectriCities...

DHCP/DNS questions
I am by no means a Netware "expert" but I have found some great help on this forum and hope someone can help me with a couple of questions. We are a small company with all resources under on roof. We are running Netware 6.5 on a Dell 700 server. For our DNS server, we have a Unix system (which I don't administer). When I set up the Netware 6.5 server I entered the DNS server's IP address and Domain Name at an early point in the installation. No problem there. We recently set up a new Unix DNS server and the IP address (of the DNS server) and Domain Name was changed. My...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

I need a tool for DNS/DHCP
Hello! I really love having my eDirectory servers being able to use the Novell DNS/DHCP tool. But I've found that this doesn't work with Linux SLES 9 / OES. I spoke with a person about an open source tool that used a web front end for editing DNS/DHCP. What I really need it for is to set some printers to a manually assigned IP Address based on MAC address. Can someone be kind enough to point a newbie in the right direction? Thank-you -Chuck On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:48:12 +0000, Chuck wrote: A highly acclaimed tool is webmin, www.webmin.com FWIW: There are rumour...

Dns/DHCP Netware upgrade
Hi, We have two 5.1sp6 servers running DNS and DHCP services. We want to move these 2 services to two new servers running Netware 6.5sp1a. What is the best way to do this? Is there something special to do, take care? Thank you --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If they are in the same tree, then you really don't have to worry about = much at all (create the new server objects, make sure that any routers = doing BOOTP forwarding are setup for the new servers, then move the = s...

DHCP/DNS placement question
Is there a preferred location for DHCP/DNS in a network? e.g should it be placed on the Main FS or BM server? I'm thinking place it on the server where the logins take place. Or should I split it where DHCP is on the MainFS and DNS could reside on the BM server? Thanks Mostly you want them close to the client machines. Beyond that it just depends on how busy your servers are and the anticipated load on the DHCP/DNS servers. DHCP assignments happen long before logins, so putting it on the login server has no bearing either way. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

SLES DNS and NetWare DHCP
We have had DHCP running on NetWare for some time, with no local DNS service. The DHCP option 6 is set to a BorderManager DNS proxy. I just set up a SLES 11 server with named, and it will resolve our local static IP addresses and forward to OpenDNS. I am using it now, and it seems to be working correctly. Next step, can I set the NetWare DHCP server to update the SLES DNS server, or would I be better off setting up DHCP on the SLES server? My main concerns are transitioning to the SLES server without disruption, and getting Option 60 for ZFD PXE boot set up correctly. ...

Few DHCP/DNS server questions?
1) Do I have to restart DHCP/DNS server any time I add/make changes to any of the settings? Anyway to get around this. 2) I have Dynamic DNS working with DHCP it works fine with computer that grab a IP but when I add host(reservation) to dhcp it doesn't create DNS A/PTR for it entry automatically. Is there anyway I can get it to create DNS entries automatically for hosts(reservations)? 3) does the DNSDHCP console work on OES2 Linux yet? Because when i run it I get this error; Error: ENDS14 "Either More then one DNSDHCP/dhcpLocator or none of the DNSDHCP and dhcpLocator o...

Windows DHCP
Hi All, We replaced some NW servers running DHCP with server 2003 boxes runnning DHCP. We configured them the same as far as address ranges, dns server addresses, etc. The problem is that the workstations which get addresses from the Server 2003 boxes will NOT register their PTR or A records on our Netware 6.5 SP5 DNS box. Is this a hopeless cause or is there some way to make this work? John Morgan -- Jmorg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <Jmorg.3l7f2n@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Jmorg wrote: > The pro...

Web resources about - DNS / DHCP Questions - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Questions raised over fairness of drug-driving charges as arrests double
NSW courts have been inundated with drug driving cases as arrests more than doubled in 2015, triggering concerns that people are being penalised ...

BHP Billiton's biggest question remains its $US6.6b dividend
BHP Billiton's output might be in decline but investors are more worried about whether it can afford its longstanding dividend policy.

Question of the Day: Bring back the Brougham?
Filed under: Design/Style Brougham became a commonly used name for a luxed-up option package starting in the 1960s, peaked in the 1970s, and ...

41 of the trickiest questions Google will ask you in a job interview
Google has a reputation for asking difficult brain-teaser questions that challenge how you act under pressure. Most of them require you to think ...

Derek Zoolander answers Vogue’s ’73 Questions’: funny or forced?
For anyone unfamiliar with Vogue’s 73 Questions series, an “interviewer” off camera follows a celebrity around their home/place of employ, asking ...

Podtoid? Oh, yeah, it's recording....ask us questions!
You know what was missing in Podtoid 319: Kangaroo Hotdish ? Questions. Questions from ya'll. Or y'all. Or voi . Man do I want to answer some ...

8 Questions We Have After Watching That Insanely Epic 'Suicide Squad' Trailer
Who is the villain? Where is Harley's accent? Are we all going to love The Joker?

Israel warms to Sunni powers, questions US' Palestinian focus
Israel warms to Sunni powers, questions US' Palestinian focus

New series ‘Dark Net’ raises questions about tech’s hidden side
Many of us have a love/hate relationship with the role technology plays in our lives. We adore our mobile devices, our favorite apps, and websites, ...