DNS/DHCP Management Console

NetWare 6.5 sp5

Hallo to you all out there that likes the OLD DNS/DHCP Management Console
and are not familiar or simple dos not like the iManager interface for
DNS/DHCP managing.
Many off you have used a Win98 or Win2000 on another machine ore still
using a WMware to run the tool in it.

Hear comes some small simple task that I discovered that while enable you
to run DNS/DHCP Management under WinXPsp2.

1.Download the latest DNS/DHCP Manager (dnsdhcp4.exe
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2969896.htm)

2.Unpack the dnsdhcp4.exe to your C:\DNS\ (remember that directory shod
not be more then 8+3 characters)

3.After the extraction right click on the setup.exe file and open the
properties page, go to the compatibility tab and chose win98 at the
Compatibility mode settings, also check the Input Settings to Turn off
advanced text services for this program.

4.Now you can Install the program that while ask you to copy snapins, you
can chose to copy this or not its up to you (\\server_name\SYS\PUBLIC ).

5.Run the program and enjoy the OLD application as you us to.

PS: check your java version by running cmd and entering the java �version
at the console
I have the latest installed 1.5.0_06.

Best regards
Marko

0
marko

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:03:19 -0700, <marko.ninkovic@upplandsvasby.se>
wrote:

> Hear comes some small simple task that I discovered that while enable you
> to run DNS/DHCP Management under WinXPsp2.

Thanks for the tip!

/dps

Dave
9/14/2006 6:10:30 PM
You might post this in the DNS-DHCP forum, thanks.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew

Client 4.9.0.0sp1a Netware 5 DNS\DHCP manager console
After installing Novell Client 4.9.0.0 sp1a the DNS\DHCP management console doesn't start anymore, error message "LA002:failed to create NDS context" DNS\DHCP version NW5_ETF05.01, PC OS Windows 2000 and Windows XP Installing the 4.9.0.0sp1a post update doesn't solve the problem. rcools@berk.nl, > After installing Novell Client 4.9.0.0 sp1a the DNS\DHCP management > console doesn't start anymore, error message "LA002:failed to create NDS > context" > DNS\DHCP version NW5_ETF05.01, PC OS Windows 2000 and Windows XP > Installing the...

DNS Server Red X in DNS/DHCP Management Console
When I startup named.nlm, I get this: Starting eDirectory integrated Novell DNS Server... error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 1 failed; interface ignored error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 2 failed; interface ignored Loading the configuration and zone data completed. DNS Server running I can't seem to find any info on any of those errors. Also, in the DNS/DHCP Management Console it shows up as a red X. Other than that, it seems t...

DNS/DHCP Managment Console
Howdy, Running a Netware 6.5.3 server at a business (mycompany.com). This server handles the DHCP & DNS for all the workstations. i want the FQDN "learn.mycompany.com" to resolve externally to "66.230.200.100". In practice, when a user on the local network enters "http://learn.mycompany.com" into their browser URL, i want them to be taken to Wikipedia.org - I was told that the "DNS/DHCP Managment Console" utility could handle this (which i have loaded), but i have no clue exactly how to add it (without blowing up the serve...

DNS-DHCP Management Console
I have tried to install the dns-dhcp Management Console and I keep getting the following error message. LA002: Fail to create NDS context I have tried running it with every java between 1.3.0 to the latest 1.4.2 Can anyone help. jnewett@umw.edu wrote: > I have tried to install the dns-dhcp Management Console and I keep > getting the following error message. > > LA002: Fail to create NDS context > > I have tried running it with every java between 1.3.0 to the latest 1.4.2 > > Can anyone help. Update your console. http://support.novell.c...

DNS/DHCP Management Console empty
Installed new OES2-Linux in existing tree. Selected OES2 DNS and DHCP. Further no config done on the new server at this time. DNS/DHCP is still working on the NetWare servers. When starting DNS/DHCP Managemt the wrong info is displayed. Only the RootSeverInfo in the new ou of the new Linux-server is displayed. There an RootServerInfo-object was automatically created during the install of OES DNS/DHCP. How to switch to the right RootServerInfo (just 1 ou higher in the tree)? -- dali ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 04.05.20...

DNS-DHCP Management Console Background
a simple one, Does anyone know how to change/remove the background image within DNS/DHCP Management Console ? why ? because we sometime use a terminal server and the tool is dramatically slow to refresh that pictures that serve to nothing thank you I've never seen this requested before, and don't know of any way to do it. You might request an enhancement at: http://support.novell.com/enhancement/ bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net Replace DNSBACK.JPG and DHCPBACK.JPG in DNSDHCP.jar with a background of your choice. I used ...

DST and DNS-DHCP Management Console
Hi all, I was reading the TID on DST and the DNS-DHCP Management Console. It mentions the the java patch applies only to the DNS-DHCP Management Console form Netware 6.5 sp5. Our environment consists of Netware 6.0 (sp5) with eDirectory 8.7.3.8 and all DNS-DHCP services run on these servers. We have one Netware 6.5 sp5 box. I was thinking of installing the DNS-DHCP Management Console from that server, patching it for DST and using that Console to manage DNS- DHCP. Is it safe to use the DNS-DHCP Management Console from Netware 6.5 sp5 to manage DNS-DHCP running on Netware ...

DNS/DHCP management console for Linux
Hello, My workstation runs Windows and Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 10. I would rather use Linux most of the time and wondering if there is a DNS DHCP c management console available for Linux? Thanks, Leo Boucher No, but you might be able to use iManager. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:21:51 +0000, Brad Doster wrote: > No, but you might be able to use iManager. > > bd > NSC Volunteer SysOp Thanks. I thought that there was a Java version that would work for Linux. Thanks, Leo It would make sense, but unfortunately there is...

DNS/DHCP Management Console for XP
I am having difficulty finding a newer version of the DNS managment console. Is there one available and compatible with XP Pro? Thanks Bruce Go here: http://support.novell.com/filefinder/ ...and search for: dnsdhcp3.exe bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net ...

DNS-DHCP Management Console Install
The server is Netware 5.1 SP7 Running both IP and IPX Using a WinXP Pro workstation for the install. Logged in as an admin on both the server and the workstation. When I try to install the DNS-DHCP Management Console I get to 97% and it generates an error. AT 97% during the install an error box pops up that says: ---------- CopyErr Err = -2 OK ---------- When I answer OK then another alert box pops up that says: ------------ Warning readme.txt: Unable to open the input file. OK ------------ Saying OK to that prompt generates another prompt saying installation is inc...

DNS-DHCP Management Console Install
The server is Netware 5.1 SP7 Running both IP and IPX Using a WinXP Pro workstation for the install. Logged in as an admin on both the server and the workstation. When I try to install the DNS-DHCP Management Console I get to 97% and it generates an error. AT 97% during the install an error box pops up that says: ---------- CopyErr Err = -2 OK ---------- When I answer OK then another alert box pops up that says: ------------ Warning readme.txt: Unable to open the input file. OK ------------ Saying OK to that prompt generates another prompt say...

Web resources about - DNS/DHCP Management Console - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Australian public service failing to share information: Public Sector Data Management report
Agencies spending years to agree to share a few tables of data. Two agencies needed 11 agreements to share information.

Coke Shuffles Management in Wake of Wendy Clark Exit
Coca-Cola is making significant changes to its North American leadership team in the wake of the departure of Wendy Clark, a highly respected ...

Major Takata investor dumps stock due to management concerns
... Earnings/Financials , Safety , Japan One of Takata's largest investors sold off its shares after losing confidence in the company's management ...

The challenges of endpoint management in a hybrid environment
... resources. To find out how managers can address these challenges and what tools they can use to help, we spoke to Dana Epp, CTO of IT management ...

Get up to 93 certifications in project management for $50
... to need to add a page to your resume—this eduCBA tech certification bundle can help you get 93 different tech certifications in project management, ...

75 MW Storage Inverter Backlog For DynaPower Energy Management
Dynapower Energy Management is a company based in Burlington, Vermont, that makes energy storage inverters, and which has experienced so much ...