DHCP add a DNS Suffix

what code in the Novell DHCP server would I use to have DHCP to give the
computers a DNS Suffix

Scott E. Malugin
A+ Certified
NetWork+ Certified
Dickson County Board of Education
Computer Support
Voice # 615-740-5902
Fax # 615-740-5904
E-Mail : smalugin@dcbe.org
0
Scott

On 3/16/2006  Scott Malugin wrote:

> what code in the Novell DHCP server would I use to have DHCP to give the
> computers a DNS Suffix

Please repost in the DNS/DHCP forum.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

DNS Suffixs in Netware DHCP server
I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the configuration? Any help would be great! Thanks Much! Mike TID 10060439 any help ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ well it answered my question, you can not use DHCP to push domain suffixs. Thanks "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0fbckkj1gipux00k@forums.novell.com... > TID 10060439 any help ? > > Cheers D...

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

DNS Suffix in DHCP
I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the configuration? Any help would be great! Thanks Mike Hi, Michael Nixon wrote: > > I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS > Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the > configuration? > > Any help would be great! I suggest you repost over in the dns-dhcp forum. You'll get much better/quicker replies there. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Produ...

DNS Suffix in DHCP
I'm running DHCP on a Netware 5.1 Server. Is there a way to add domain name suffix option in the "Other DHCP Options" tab. Thanks Al In article <GIEle.3706$_w.3171@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Al Bens wrote: > Is there a way to add domain > name suffix option in the "Other DHCP Options" tab. > No, you can a Domain Name on the Addressing tab of the subnet, but that's all that DHCP allows for. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

DHCP DNS Suffixes
I'm in the process of rolling out Zfd4 to all of my sites. I have one main office and 3 satellite offices. I set up "zenwsimport.braytonlaw.com" as one of the hosts in AD dns. (i use AD for dns and Netware for DHCP) Anyway, so I set up a zone called "els.braytonlaw.com" in AD DNS. I created a host called zenwsimport in there. If I ping zenwsimport.els.braytonlaw.com it resolves to the right address. If I "ping zenwsimport" it resolves to the incorrect address (zenwsimport.braytonlaw.com), for Netware DHCP under the ELS zone, I added "els.b...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

Netware DHCP to SunOne DNS
Currently we are using Netware for DHCP. Our goal is to start leveraging our DHCP setup to start registering and updating our existing DNS Servers running Sun's DNS. What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? Thanks In article <5olcg.958$Mr.939@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Ted wrote: > What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary > to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? > Yes, Novell's DHCP server can only upd...

SLES DNS and NetWare DHCP
We have had DHCP running on NetWare for some time, with no local DNS service. The DHCP option 6 is set to a BorderManager DNS proxy. I just set up a SLES 11 server with named, and it will resolve our local static IP addresses and forward to OpenDNS. I am using it now, and it seems to be working correctly. Next step, can I set the NetWare DHCP server to update the SLES DNS server, or would I be better off setting up DHCP on the SLES server? My main concerns are transitioning to the SLES server without disruption, and getting Option 60 for ZFD PXE boot set up correctly. ...

DHCP option DNS suffix
Hello, is there an DHCP option to enter a seconda DNS suffix to the properties of the Lan adapter Thanx Dave Nope, not thru DHCP. You might be able to do it by pushing out registry changes via Zenworks or a login script. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp Oke, thanx > Nope, not thru DHCP. You might be able to do it by pushing out > registry changes via Zenworks or a login script. > > bd > NSC Volunteer SysOp > > No problem/. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

Windows DHCP
Hi All, We replaced some NW servers running DHCP with server 2003 boxes runnning DHCP. We configured them the same as far as address ranges, dns server addresses, etc. The problem is that the workstations which get addresses from the Server 2003 boxes will NOT register their PTR or A records on our Netware 6.5 SP5 DNS box. Is this a hopeless cause or is there some way to make this work? John Morgan -- Jmorg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <Jmorg.3l7f2n@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Jmorg wrote: > The pro...

Netware to OES2 DNS/DHCP
I'm about to migrate my two dns/dhcp servers from Netware 6.5.8 to OES2 Linux 64bit machines. I have two questions about the process. 1. I've not migrated a Netware host to a OES2 host yet. I understand it's possible to do an ID tranfser to the OES2 box to keep the servername, ID etc Is this correct? 2. and more appropriate for this forum, DNS/DHCP. Can I run DNS/DHCP on both Netware and OES2 while I upgrade both machines, I will I need to have only one server running these services during the upgrade process? I'll need a couple of days to complete the above...

Dns/DHCP Netware upgrade
Hi, We have two 5.1sp6 servers running DNS and DHCP services. We want to move these 2 services to two new servers running Netware 6.5sp1a. What is the best way to do this? Is there something special to do, take care? Thank you --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If they are in the same tree, then you really don't have to worry about = much at all (create the new server objects, make sure that any routers = doing BOOTP forwarding are setup for the new servers, then move the = s...

I need a tool for DNS/DHCP
Hello! I really love having my eDirectory servers being able to use the Novell DNS/DHCP tool. But I've found that this doesn't work with Linux SLES 9 / OES. I spoke with a person about an open source tool that used a web front end for editing DNS/DHCP. What I really need it for is to set some printers to a manually assigned IP Address based on MAC address. Can someone be kind enough to point a newbie in the right direction? Thank-you -Chuck On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:48:12 +0000, Chuck wrote: A highly acclaimed tool is webmin, www.webmin.com FWIW: There are rumour...

Web resources about - DHCP add a DNS Suffix - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Suffix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics , a suffix (also sometimes called a postfix or ending or (especially in older literature) affix ) is an affix which is placed ...

Suffix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics , a suffix (also sometimes called a postfix or ending ) is an affix which is placed after the stem of a word. Common examples ...

New internet suffix bids include '.lol', '.bank'
New internet suffix bids include '.lol', '.bank'

Another Week, Another Gross Misuse of the ‘Gate’ Suffix
... Watch) and infinitesimal group of users (people with wrist tattoos), cut it out! We can only reclaim the original meaning of the “gate” suffix ...

Apple seeks '.apple' domain suffix for websites
Apple is pushing for new Web addresses that would end with ".apple" to compete with the traditional '.com' domain names.

Skip The Domain Suffix And Prefix To Get To Websites Faster Via Mobile Safari
Want to get to websites faster using mobile Safari? No, I’m not talking about upgrading your internet or data plan to LTE or something, though ...

HTC reckons it's business time, includes requisite 'pro' suffix
When established enterprise competition is currently hurting , now's the time to strike. At least, that appears to be HTC's thinking, which has ...

Internet address suffix choice expanded - FT.com
ft.com > Companies > Media Search Advanced search Subscribe - Sign in - Register - Site tour Welcome Subscribe Your account Site tour Sign out ...

'.OOPS': New Domain Suffix Registration Closed Over Security Glitch
NEW YORK — You're probably familiar with ".com" and ".org." How about ".oops"? A technical glitch forced the abrupt shutdown of a system for ...

Amazon Domain Quest Thwarted? Latin American Countries Want ICANN To Reject Retail Giant’s Suffix Application ...
A group of Latin American countries may have thwarted Amazon Inc.’s request to control the .amazon domain suffix.