Convert ASCII/HEX

This is driving me insane:
When e export a stream (like login-script) with ICE or NLIST, I only get
ASCII code. Anyone any Idea how I can get tis converted to TEXT??

__Leo
0
kurz

,
> When e export a stream (like login-script) with ICE or NLIST, I only get
> ASCII code. Anyone any Idea how I can get tis converted to TEXT??

NLIST should show it as text. What syntax are you using?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders

Converting HEX to ASCII
I am using the "photo" attribute to store the location the jpg of our users (this is what eGuide users). When I try to read this attribute out with IDM 3.0, it returns a HEX value. How can I get it in the ASCII value. I have the same type of issue trying to read the Personal Login Script.....Any ideas? Actually it is probably returning a base64 encoded value rather than a hex value - this is because the attribute is a octet string attribute which may or may not represent characters (usually it is the actual picture data). An example of how to decode base64 from a p...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

tool to convert hex to ansi
I need to find a good tool to copy a password for my asp.net app which is hex and convert it so I can read what it is. any recommendations of any apps that will convert and then convert back to a random hex again if I want to?When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET! H ave a look http://www.filetransit.com/files.php?name=Ansi-1-3Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ Have a look http://www.filetransit.com/files.php?name=Ansi-1-3Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ Hi dab123, UltraEdit is very useful. Look at this : http://www.tucows.com/preview/194610 Thanks.Please give us feedback no matte...

Tool to convert extended ASCII to characters?
I'm trying to analyze web log entries like this one: 2004-03-28 09:32:52 81.192.2.222 - W3SVC1 DB db.jhuccp.org GET /dbtw-wpd/ex= ec/dbtwpcgi.exe XC=3D%2Fdbtw-wpd%2Fexec%2Fdbtwpcgi.exe&BU=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fdb= ...jhuccp.org%2Fcds%2Findex.htm&QB0=3DAND&QF0=3DTITRE+%7C+AUTEUR+%7C+EDITION+= %7C+COLLATION+%7C+NOTES+%7C+DESCRIPTEURS+%7C+COTE&QI0=3D&QB1=3DAND&QF1=3DDE= SCRIPTEURS&QI1=3D&QB2=3DAND&QF2=3DTITRE&QI2=3Dla+r%E9forme+hospitali%E9re&Q= B3=3DAND&QF3=3DAUTEUR&QI3=3DMSP&MR=3D20&TN=3DCDS-INAS&RF=3Dweb&DF=3Dweb&NP= =...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

How to convert raw binary data to hex-ascii?
Hello All...  Consider the following code: byte [] MyData = new byte[5];MyData[0] = 0x41;MyData[1] = 0x42;MyData[2] = 0x43;MyData[3] = 0x44;MyData[4] = 0x45;string b64 = Convert.ToBase64String(MyData); The value of b64 will be "QUNGR0g=", a base64 representation of the data stored in the array. Instead of base64, how can I convert that to hex-ascii?  That is I want the end result to be a string that has a value of "4142434445". Ultimately, this will be used to write the data to a SQL server field of type varbinary as in: INSERT INTO MyTable (MyVarBinaryField) VALUES (0x4142434...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

how to convert hex string to hex bytes?
Hi I've been trying and haven't found a solution for this yet and hopefully some of you can give me a direction to solve this problem. I have a string in hex representation i.e, 64 chars 'AB23FFFE.....' How can I convert it to 32 chars String where each byte is $AB $23 $FF $FE .... ? Even if I do it manually, can I store the hex(non ASCII) to String? Thanks for looking!! edwin wrote: > I have a string in hex representation i.e, 64 chars 'AB23FFFE.....' > How can I convert it to 32 chars String where each byte is $AB $23 $FF > $FE .... ? Th...

Netware Admin and SLES 9 admin rights
Hi, How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 OS. I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes through iManager (logged in as the Netware administrator) I receive the error message 'CIO error, permission denied". Thank you. Zavi, > Hi, > > How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 > OS. Just as you normally do within NetWare using C1 or iManager, check that your admin is a trustee of root with all rights assigned. > I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes thro...

Netware Admin
Im running xp and i have the netware client software installed for my college class. I copied the win32 file from my class server to use netware admin32 and when i double click on it the logo for the admin pops up and just hangs there. The mouse shows like its still loading and the processes show the cpu working at a max rate. Any help would be great so that i can do my assignments from home instead of the lab. Thanks! Do you have a NetWare server to connect to? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Convert from hex
echo http%3A%2F%2Fwww.merifiles.com%2Fuploads%2Fmf_aR_Ek_Ajnabi_-_01_-_Ek_Ajnabi_%28Mama_Told_Me%29%28128Kbps%29.mp3| perl -e ' $_=<>;s/%(..)/\\x$1/xg; print "$_"; ' This outputs http\x3A\x2F\x2Fwww.merifiles.com\x2Fuploads\x2Fmf_aR_Ek_Ajnabi_-_01_-_Ek_Ajnabi_\x28Mama_Told_Me\x29\x28128Kbps\x29.mp3 Why does print not print the hex character in question? But, -bash-2.05b$ perl -e ' > print "http\x3A\x2F\x2Fwww.merifiles.com\x2Fuploads\x2Fmf_aR_Ek_Ajnabi_-_01_-_Ek_Ajnabi_\x28Mama_Told_Me\x29\x28128Kbps\x29.mp3" > ' http:/...

Converting ASCII
hi all, what is the syntax to convert a password to ASCII code in server side script in powersite? Thanks in advance. -ARA- ...

Converting to Hex
Is there a simple way, like a one liner perhaps, that will give me the octal/hex value of a character? I need to look certain characters up, so I would like to be able to give it something like an 'a' or even "\n" and have it answer 141 or 012 (assuming UNIX). Thanks for your time. James check out sprintf() and ord() quickly for you example: ## hex perl -e 'printf("%x", ord("\n"))' ## oct perl -e 'printf("%o", ord("\n"))' > -----Original Message----- > From: James Edward Gray II [m...

Netware admin
my question is how to disable the print notification on a print server in netware admin or any other way? thank you What kind of print notification are you talking about? NDPS print notifications, notifications fo rprint queues or somethign else? -- Marcel Cox (Sysop) Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com And if its a hardware print server such as JetDirect, its in the JD config .... -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

Web resources about - Convert ASCII/HEX - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

$100 device converts all your film to digital photos
... still on film negatives. Today, we've got the perfect Amazon Cyber Week deal for you: A Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter ...

"ISIS 'ranks' the women, considering foreign women and converts to be especially 'valuable.' "
"According to French journalist Anna Erelle’s recent exposé , ISIS foreign fighters prefer foreign women and converts because the jihadists find ...