Command line "move" command?

I have a question about possibly setting up a Cron job to move files. First
some background. Netware 6.0, Groupwise 6.5.
We are using Gwavasig to append a signature to our email messages. Some of
our email messages seem to get stuck in the Gwavasig "send" directory,
particularly when we send out large numbers of messages (like our monthly
client mailout) . However, if we move these files from "send" to "receive"
they all go out with no problem.
I would like to automate this so that any remaining messages are moved
automatically once or twice a day. Since (unless I'm wrong) there is no
server command to move files from one directory to another (one that could
be put in a cron file) - does anyone have any suggestions for running this
process automatically?

0
Kara

TOOLBOX.NLM includes a move command.  You can use CRON to schedule it.

> I have a question about possibly setting up a Cron job to move files.
First
> some background. Netware 6.0, Groupwise 6.5.
> We are using Gwavasig to append a signature to our email messages. Some
of
> our email messages seem to get stuck in the Gwavasig "send" directory,
> particularly when we send out large numbers of messages (like our
monthly
> client mailout) . However, if we move these files from "send"
to "receive"
> they all go out with no problem.
> I would like to automate this so that any remaining messages are moved
> automatically once or twice a day. Since (unless I'm wrong) there is no
> server command to move files from one directory to another (one that
could
> be put in a cron file) - does anyone have any suggestions for running
this
> process automatically?

0
geoffs

Free Windows command line zip tool that does "move"?
Hi, Anyone know a free/open source Windows command line tool that will move files to an archive, in other words delete files after a successful archiving operation? I use 7zip a lot but it doesn't have that functionality as far as I can tell. Thanks Batchjob...... Line 1: <Add to Archive> Line 2: FDisk -- Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S, Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP Sorry, but no support through email Please join http://www.open-horizons.net Yeah, can do that with 7z, but then I won't know if it succeeded before I wipe the disk ;) Tommy ...

<key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^
Name: yel0sub Email: yel0subatcomcastdotnet Product: SeaMonkey Summary: <key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^ Comments: Downloaded SeaMonkey 1.1.5 with same result on installation. PowerBook G4 OS X 10.4.10 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4 ...

"Cluster State View" as command line tool?
Is there a command line tool for Windows that shows the information as Console One's "Cluster State View" (most important: which cluster resource is currently hosted on which server)? No, there is not. ConsoleOne or iManager are the only available cluster management tools for Windows. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. Andrew C Taubman wrote: > No, there is not. ConsoleOne or iManager...

command. "rm" "lsattr"
I've tried to delete my / tmp / directory white "rm" but without luck. I have the following with "lsattr" tried to look at the files I can not delete. but I do not understand the attribute e "e--------------. / ​​plugtmp" or whatever it is denying me access to other files lsattr: Adgang nægtet While reading flags on ./luxh2ybf.tmp lsattr: Adgang nægtet While reading flags on ./luxh302n.tmp -------------e- ./plugtmp -------------e- ./virtual-hans.7Owu4o lsattr: Adgang nægtet While reading flags on ./luxh302e.tmp lsattr: Adgang n...

How to fix "command line too long" with "make test" (when you have vast numbers of tests)
As described here: http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.compiler/413 'nmake test' on the latest release of Pugs blew up under Windows with "command line too long" (using ActiveState perl-5.8.6). Is there a "standard" way to fix this? What do other distributions with vast numbers of tests do? BTW, "prove -r" does not have this command line limit because it builds @tests and invokes T::H runtests @tests. /-\ Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies. http://au.movies.yahoo.com On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:24:24AM +1100, A...

Using command window's "open" or "of" command causes files in solution explorer to disappear
Whenever I use the "open" or "of" command in the command window (or even in the search text box), any files within folders inside of my web projects I have loaded in my solution explorer will vanish.  This requires me to manually refresh each of the web projects in order for those files to reappear.  This is extremely annoying and defeats the whole purpose of the "open" / "of" shortcuts because once the file disappears, intellisense is unable to locate it until I hit refresh.  Has anybody else encountered this strange bug?...

VS.NET and C# Compiler from command line "csc.exe" not fould when running from command prompt.
Hi All, I've been attempting to comlpile a custom control from the command line: I have VS.NET 2003 installed along with the .Net Framework 1.1 I've been working on a control project but cannot compile this into a .dll to register as a TagPrefix within an ASP.NET page. When going to the command prompt and typing csc /? it returns the ever popular error "csc" not recognized as an internal process or batch file. Is this a comman error? or a rogue install of VS.NET and/or the .NET Framework. Thanks In Advance, Tony If you open under Visual Studio .net Programs, the Vi...

Netware 5.1 install goes to "Temporary:" prompt at command line
During the install of NW51, the install looks to be running as normal. Then, the Novell screen splash appears and exits to the command line to TEMPORARY: Since the installation does not complete, there is no NDS tree and deleting "INSTAUTO.NCF in NWSERVER does nothing to solve this problem. This install is onto a Compaq 580G2. Any ideas? Thanks, Keith Keith wrote: > During the install of NW51, the install looks to be running as normal. Then, > the Novell screen splash appears and exits to the command line to TEMPORARY: > > Since the installation do...

Packages to install to use "mkuser" and "passwd" or "pwdadm" commands
Hello everybody, can anyone suggest me what packages do I have to install to use user admin commands stated in Subject? Hope to hear from you soon, Paolo De Nictolis Paolo, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com...

"build" & "run" commands
Hello I am a DBA in SQL Server area, pls let me know if the next command can be done in Sybase 12.5 : declare @cmd varchar(200), @name varchar(50) set @name = 'sysobjects' -- or other table, just for example set @cmd = 'select * from ' + @name + 'order by 1' exec (@cmd) Thank you, Victor yest that will work "Victor Shahar" <viktorsh@netvision.net.il> wrote in message news:3fec14d2@forums-1-dub... > Hello > > I am a DBA in SQL Server area, pls let me know if th...

"Print Preview" and "Print" command
Name: Jaime Rivera Email: jerdcatmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Print Preview" and "Print" command Comments: When I try to print preview an email page it loads BLANK. Also it prints BLANK. Please help me or show me how to print email pages. It used to work fine before I updated to the last release 10. Thank you! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but...

What happened to "move up"/"move down"
In the extensions manager in FF 1.x, there was the option to move an extension up or down in the list. It appears to be one of the many many things inexplicably removed as of FF 2.0. Why, oh why? Controlling the order is important. How do I do that now? Anthony Lieuallen wrote: > In the extensions manager in FF 1.x, there was the option to move an > extension up or down in the list. It appears to be one of the many many > things inexplicably removed as of FF 2.0. > > Why, oh why? Controlling the order is important. How do I do that now? It looks like they&#...

What does this command do: "|-"
HI, I have started learning PERL recently. I wanted some explaination regarding the following command. open(FILE, "|-") What does this command do? Thanks Shilpa Shilpa Arvind wrote: > HI, > > I have started learning PERL recently. I wanted some explaination > regarding the following command. > > open(FILE, "|-") > > What does this command do? open Forks with the file connected to the STDIN of the child process. -- _Sx_ http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/ ________________________________________...

No "at" command???
Hello all, I have been looking for the "at" command in Opensuse 10.3. I did not find it >:( Where is it? Does it exist at all? If so,where do you get it from? Here is a man page : http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?at TIA -- d0mufasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Of course the at command exists. It comes from the at package, naturally: Code: -------------------- $ rpm -qf /usr/bin/at at-3.1.8-1068.20 -------------------- This is for 11.1 so the version will be different from yours. Pro...

Web resources about - Command line "move" command? - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools