Access to server via VPN

Hi All,

How can I setup my Nw6SP3 file server so that users can access their files
over a VPN link?

I've tinkered with ifolder but I think that remote users want to be able to
access their files as if they were in the office.

Anyone help?

Regards.
0
pmarti

> How can I setup my Nw6SP3 file server so that users can access their files
> over a VPN link?

If using Novell Client, just replace the server name with its IP address
under Novell GUI Login | Advanced. Once VPN'd, you should be able to hit
the server.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> >Looks like a firewall issue....

After making changes, it seems to work fine with the server name...

Many Thanks...

How can I setup my Nw6SP3 file server so that users can access their files
> > over a VPN link?
>
> If using Novell Client, just replace the server name with its IP address
> under Novell GUI Login | Advanced. Once VPN'd, you should be able to hit
> the server.
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
pmarti
5/28/2004 7:17:15 AM
Thanks for the post back.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

I can't access the Apache management tools via webmanager I can access the default admin web page (NW6.5), but not using
I can't access the Apache management tools via webmanager I can access the default admin web page (NW6.5), but not using https://ipaddress:2200. A port scan of the server shows that it isn't listening on 2200. I have also used the TCPCON to verify no 2200. I have reinstalled tomcat and apache. I have also tried: ap2webdn admsrvdn tcadmdn tc4stop delete sys:\tomcat\4\work\network admin and standalone ap2webup admsrvup tcadmup tomcat4 (The exercise above creates a new directory structure, but no files within). Where do I look to get this to listen on 2200? ...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Accessing Mail server via VPN
I am currently running Bm ver 3.7 with NW 6.0. I have users around town that use DSL and Client to site VPN to access services. However the users can do everything they need to exept send E- mail outside the company. Our Exchange server will not allow mail forwording from these clients. I have even added the range that the IP range that the ISP uses to the exchange server. The clints when you do an "ipconfig" gives the address assigned by the ISP. So why question is... How is BM presenting the IP addres to the nework and what address is it presenting? Ma...

NetWare Enterprise Web Servers admin access
Hi I'm setting up some test netware 6.0 server (in preparation for a migration to netware 6.5. I have installed NetWare� Enterprise Web Server but when I try to access it via http://<ip>:2200 and then select the link to the web server it asks me for a user name and password, I've tried every combination of admin I can think of but all to no avail. I can remeber being asked to provide a user name and password for the web server during the installation. Can anyone remember which user the web user wants to use. tia Agilulf Emo, > I'm setting up some tes...

cannot ping from 6x server to 6x server accross cisco pix to pix vpn tunnell
Ok, seems you forgot to add information past the subject line. At most sites I go to they have the Pix blocking ALL in and out bound pings. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Sysop ...

cannot ping from 6x server to 6x server accross cisco pix to pix vpn tunnell #2
I have a 6x server accross a cisco pix to pix vpn tunnel that I cannot ping from any netware server accross the tunnel. I can ping windows servers accross the tunnel from the netware server. Gateways are set right. I can access the server accross the tunnel in windows, but ping and NDS traffic will not work. Server accross the vpn tunnel cannot talk to any other servers in the tree. I am allowing all IP traffic accross the tunnel. This one has me stumped, anyone seen anything like this before? You can try a couple of things. Try loading IPTRACE on the server and running...

Need information on how to setup server to be accessed via VPN
Hi I am having problems logging on to my Netware 5.1 Server via a VPN. I can access my network and I can ping the server, but I cannot see the tree in the login dialog. Is there something else I need to do in order to make this happen and if so are there instructions anywhere? I am using a Snapgear Pro for VPN Thanks Nick Steele Most likely a SLP issue. Is this a site-to-site or client-to-site VPN setup ? You can bypass the SLP configuration by replacing the server name with the server IP address under Novell GUI Login | Advanced | Preferred Server. -- ...

Using VPN client then netware client to access file server
Hi, I have one customer site functioning well. Using Cisco VPN client then login via 4.83 sp2 client. Now when attempting to use above method I receive Tree not found. We have 5.x servers. I don't really understand the advertisement of the tree, SAP or ARP or ? Any comments or suggestions or pointing to documentation would be greatly appreciated. Bruce Childers St OR 503-373-1993x244 bruce.childers@state.or.us > I don't really understand > the advertisement of the tree, SAP or ARP or ? SAP is IPX. ARP is NetBIOS. NetWare uses SLP (mainly) as well as Host...

Netware Server access from OES2 Linux Server
Good Morning, I'm sorry if this is a little vague. I have installed what will be my first major SLES 10.2 w/OES2 sp1 Server on my network. I have gone through all the configurations for LUM and checked that the LDAP is working. However, when I try to login using my eDirectory admin account, the Linux server can see the user, but it tells me it can't find the Admin Home Driectory which is on a OES Netware server, even though the path it sees from the eDirectory setting on the Unix Profile tab in ConsoleOne is correct. (DSNW01_STAFF.DS.SPSD\HOME\Admin) What might I...

iFolder server to access a OES (netware) server?
Hello everybody, Is this possible? I would like to install an OES SP2 linux server with iFolder / iFolder webaccess. Another server (OES SP2, but Netware based) is a storage server that holds homedirectories of users. I would like users to login via webaccess to the OES SP2 linux server and see their homedirs on the OES SP2 Netware based server. Is this possible, or does this seem like a weird scenario? Best regards, John > Is this possible, or does this seem like a weird scenario? > Nevermind, I see I need to use Netstorage for this. ...

Problems when accessing ASPNET security database on host web server using my localhost admin tool
Hi I have developed a small test web site in VS2005 Web Developer Express and have used the MS ASPNET database in App_Data for managing users, roles etc. I have also tested setting permissions on folders like "/admin" so that it is only available for role "Administrators" etc. And it works fine on my localhost machine. I shall say: using the built in web server in VS, with dynamic ports. The authentication works fine, when prompted with login page I just logon and gets access to the secured pages. On my hosted web server there is an SQL Server 2005 instance,...

Unable access via WWW page or access Admin Page
Hi We have an iFolder 2 site which has been working fine after much effort. Now we have applied NW6 SP3 and we can no longer access iFolder via the HTTP interface. The client works fine, however now we can get into the WWW Console to add new users or access any files! All we get is a password box that you enter your username and password. You then recieve and authentication failure. Strange it works via the client but not through HTTP, which did work! I'm not sure where to look, the apache configs seem to be ok and nothing has changed apart from SP3 being added. ...

How can a Windows 2003 server access files on a Netware 6 server
I have a situation where I have a Windows 2003 server on another network that needs to access a directory on my Novell 6 server. How do I setup a connection for Windows 2003 server to authenticate to the Novell server? The Novell directory needs to be accessible to users on the Windows 2003 network through the 2003 server. Jim Nnbd, In the past, Windows servers included a piece of software called "gateway services for Netware" or something like that that allowed you to do exaclty what you are asking for. I don't know however if this is still included with Win...

Web resources about - Access to server via VPN - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

TAFE SA ramps up online access
TAFE SA is radically boosting its online offerings, extending its network of training venues and raising international student numbers as it ...

LastPass password manager update adds emergency access, sharing center and new UI
LastPass has updated its Mac and iOS apps and browser extensions to version 4.0 to add an emergency access feature and shared passwords, as well ...

LastPass 4.0 debuts new look and Emergency Access feature
... 4.0 unveils a major new redesign, focusing on a simpler, more visually pleasing vault, plus unveils two new tools of interest: Emergency Access ...

Buy an Amazon Fire tablet now and get access to $10,000 worth of apps for free
You will stay thoroughly entertained by watching and listening to millions of movies, TV shows, songs and more with a Fire tablet. The Amazon ...

FCC Chair: 39% Of Rural America Lacks Broadband Access
If you live in the city, it’s almost a certainty that your property can get high-speed Internet access from at least one company. But for rural ...

LastPass gets a fancy new look, emergency access, Sharing Center
LastPass, one of the best and most popular password management clients, just got a major upgrade that brings a fancy new look, emergency access ...

Humble Weekly is all Tom Clancy games, including beta access for The Division
... The Division , Ubisoft is offering upward of ten past games from the franchise at a discount. The big draw for many people will likely be access ...

Twitter Restores Politwoops' API Access, Allowing It To Post Politicians' Deleted Tweets Once Again
In a win for government transparency, Twitter has reinstated API access for a service that automatically monitors politicians' profiles for deleted ...

Judge: Pot Credit Union Can't Access Nation's Banking System
Judge dismisses suit seeking federal approval for credit union to serve Colorado pot shops