Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page

I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg
of Ram.  I am using the eval CD.
Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page.
Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default).
I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen.
I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ?
Thanks,  Rick

0
Richard
11/14/2006 6:07:00 PM
📁 novell.netware.6x.abends-hangs
📃 6022 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 770 Views

If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a
ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead.
If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer support packs
for NW6.5 (the latest is SP6).
Let us know what you find.

>>> Richard<rhetherington@gmail.com> 11/14/2006 11:07 AM >>>
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg
of Ram.  I am using the eval CD.
Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page.
Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default).
I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen.
I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ?
Thanks,  Rick

0
Randy
11/14/2006 7:14:24 PM
On 15/11/06 Richard wrote:
> I am using the eval CD.
This is NW 6.5 unpatched and often fails on newer hardware. Instead use
the NW65SP5 or NW65Sp6 overlay install ISO image CDs.
SP5: http://support.novell.com/tools/csp/csp14_nw65downloads.html
SP6: http://support.novell.com/filefinder/18197/index.html
--
 Andrew C Taubman