Windows 7 with Client 2 Loses F: Mapping

Hi,

I am running NW 5.1 on a small network.  I have 2 machines which are
installed with Windows 7, and Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows (IR6).
The machine is a x64  Intel Celeron 3.33.

My first mapped drive on the network is F:  The main program we have is
Foxpro Windows 9.0 which has its programs coded to F:  However, for some
reason, this computer does not find F:

The first mapped drive on this machine comes out at J:

My system login is below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

NO_DEFAULT
MAP F:=SERVER1_SYS:\
#COPY SERVER1_SYS:NAV\GRC.DAT C:\"Program Files"\NavNT
MAP H:=SERVER1_DATA:\
MAP I:=SERVER1_STORAGE:\
MAP J:=SERVER1_SECRETARY:\
MAP K:=SERVER1_ADMIN:\
MAP L:=SERVER2_SYS:\
MAP L:=SERVER1_SYS:PUBLIC
rem MAP Z:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\%LOGIN_NAME
MAP Z:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\%1

IF "%1" = "paralegal1" THEN MAP Z:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\PARALEG1
IF "%1" = "paralegal2" THEN MAP Z:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\PARALEG2
IF "%1" = "paralegal3" THEN MAP Z:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\PARALEG3
IF "%1" = "paralegal4" THEN MAP Z:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\PARALEG4
IF "%1" ="bookkeeper" THEN MAP H:=SERVER1_DATA:\QUICKBOOKS

REM IF "%1" <> "admin" THEN MAP INS S1:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\%LOGIN_NAME
IF "%1" <> "admin" THEN MAP INS S1:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\%1
REM IF "%1" = "admin" THEN MAP INS S1:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\ARO
IF "%1" = "admin" THEN MAP Z:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\ARO
IF "%1" = "paralegal1" THEN MAP INS S1:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\PARALEG1
IF "%1" = "paralegal2" THEN MAP INS S1:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\PARALEG2
IF "%1" = "paralegal3" THEN MAP INS S1:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\PARALEG3
IF "%1" = "paralegal4" THEN MAP INS S1:=SERVER1_SYS:USERS\PARALEG4

MAP INS S2:=SERVER1_SYS:\APPS\FOXPROW

MAP INS  S3:=SERVER1_SYS:\DATA\DBASE
MAP INS S4:=SERVER1_SYS:\DATA\DBASE
MAP S8:=SERVER1_SYS:\PUBLIC
MAP S6:=SERVER1_SYS:\APPS\WRITER
MAP S7:=SERVER1_SYS:\DATA\BATCH
MAP S8:=SERVER1_SYS:\APPS\WS
MAP S9:=SERVER1_SYS:

IF "%1" <> "admin" THEN
F:
CD F:\USERS\%1
ELSE
F:
CD F:\USERS\ADMIN
END

--
ostrowlaw

ostrowlaw

So you're saying these lines appear to fail to process?
> MAP F:=SERVER1_SYS:\
> MAP H:=SERVER1_DATA:\
> MAP I:=SERVER1_STORAGE:\
If so there ought to be errors produced when they attempt to run, what
are those errors? Manually doing those commands in the dos box should
also show the errors.

You've used the eDirectory volume object to map to, but not provided
the context. Now that shouldn't matter if the user logging in is in the
same container as the server and volumes, but you coul dtry using either
the server's IP address
MAP F:=\\aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd\SYS\
or the old syntax
MAP F:=SERVER1\SYS:

Also, are you saying this only happens on one machine, the other works
fine? If so, what happens if the two users swap machines - does the
problem follow the user or stay with the PC?

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
ataubman
4/15/2011 12:06:01 AM
Here is the complete text of the login:

Your current context is ostrowlaw1
Your current tree is: OSTROWLAW1
You are attached to server SERVER1.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-440: The operation was attempted on an invalid drive.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-740: This utility could not execute external program
COPY SERVER1_SYS:NAV\GRC.DAT C:\"Program Files"\NavNT.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-440: The operation was attempted on an invalid drive.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-440: The operation was attempted on an invalid drive.
Drive J: = SERVER1_SECRETARY: \
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be
completed.
[K:=SERVER1_ADMIN:\]
The error code was c00000be.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be
completed.
[L:=SERVER2_SYS:\]
The error code was c00000be.
Drive L: = SERVER1_SYS:PUBLIC \
Drive Z: = SERVER1_SYS:USERS\ASSOCIATE3 \
S1: = Y:. [SERVER1_SYS:USERS\ASSOCIATE3 \]
S2: = X:. [SERVER1_SYS:APPS\FOXPROW \]
S3: = W:. [SERVER1_SYS:DATA\DBASE \]
S4: = V:. [SERVER1_SYS:DATA\DBASE \]
S5: = U:. [SERVER1_SYS:PUBLIC \]
S6: = T:. [SERVER1_SYS:APPS\WRITER \]
S7: = S:. [SERVER1_SYS:DATA\BATCH \]
S8: = R:. [SERVER1_SYS:APPS\WS \]
S9: = Q:. [SERVER1_SYS: \]

Hope it helps.
As always, thanks for your help.

Alan

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
ostrowlaw
4/15/2011 1:36:03 PM
One more thing. . .

When I try to run the map commands directly from the dos box, I get
this error message (which, admittedly is a Windows error):

The program or feature �\??U:\MAP.EXE cannot start or run due to
incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.  Please contact the
software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is
available.

Thanks
Alan

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
ostrowlaw
4/15/2011 2:06:02 PM
Are you saying this only happens on one machine, the other works fine?
If so, what happens if the two users swap machines - does the problem
follow the user or stay with the PC?

Did you try using the alternate syntaxes I suggested? c00000be means
bad network path.

In the Novell CLient advanced properties, what is First Network Drive
set to?

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
ataubman
4/17/2011 11:06:01 PM
Sorry, I misspoke, I have 2 machines that are identical, but I have only
upgraded the one to Windows 7.  The other is happily chugging along
under XP.
I tried both alternate syntaxes, also tried to login as ADMIN, no good.
The F drive and everything under K is not accessible, even if I try to
manually map the drive through the client.

Thanks
Alan

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
ostrowlaw
4/18/2011 1:36:02 PM
same problem...

all of the login scripts mapping commands work, except the one with the
homedir variable used!

is it the variable?

gerald

--
rodler
rodler's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7751
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
rodler
4/19/2011 12:36:01 PM
Yes, the First Network Drive is set to F:  (I was hoping that was the
problem but, alas, no....)

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
ostrowlaw
4/19/2011 6:06:03 PM
guys, "fixed" it - for my case at least:

the dvd-drives blocked the letter used for the homedir-mapping.
didn't realize that at the beginning, because the presentation in the
win7-disk-administration now separates hard-disk-drives from
optical-drives...
...this was some kind different under windows vista...

anyway, it works now!

gerald

--
rodler
rodler's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=7751
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
rodler
4/20/2011 3:06:04 PM
Thank you very much, that was the idea I needed!  Yes, Windows 7 mapped
some unconnected drive to F: which was preventing Netware from mapping
to that drive.  I just changed it to B: and everything works.

Thanks again!
Alan

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436880

0
ostrowlaw

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Windows 7/Client 2 IR1a
Hello! I am using Windows 7 and Novell Client for the first time and notice there are no mapped drives listed. What am I missing? Thanks! I am able to manually map the drives now, but it's like it isn't processing the login script. disable UAC "jmatchus" <jjm@bedellfirm.com> wrote in message news:nM21n.2763$q93.295@kovat.provo.novell.com... > I am able to manually map the drives now, but it's like it isn't > processing the login script. > fbrenn;1914722 Wrote: > disable UAC > > "jmatchus" <...

Not logging in using Netware Client 2 with Windows 7
I just installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit today and got the Novell Client to work, sort of. I am able to see the Netware Client when Windows boots up, if I click "Advanced Options" it has my tree, context and server info. I can enter in the user ID and password, says Logging into Network, and then Windows 7 loads. However I am not logged in. If I right click on the Netware Client and click on Netware Login, I can then login and see all the volumes, etc. Anyone else having this issue and not being able to login automatically? Mike Snyder Make sure you are usin...

Client 2 SP1, Windows 7 Ultimate, Netware 6SP5
Hi, following problem with Windows 7 (Ultimate & UAC turned off. User with local Admin rights) and the Client 2 SP1: I have a programm called "Metro.exe" which I try to start from a mapped drive. The programm tries to open a special "licence" file called "metro.iuf". The programm starts fails because of "Cannot open metro.iuf"...so far so good. After that I checked the content of the directory with the explorer and found the following: For some files on the mapped drive the "Novell Rights tab" and the "Novell Info ta...

Client 2.0 SP1 for Windows 7
Hey guys, One of our desktop technicians reported that whenever he builds a Windows 7 workstation, he has to reinstall the Novell Client in order for drive mappings to work properly. Has anyone else seen this? Windows 7 Enterprise Novell Client 2.0 SP1 Combination of NetWare 6.5 SP8 and OES servers ZCM 10.3 Joined to Active Directory Login script uses the MAP command in various forms: MAP S:=.APPS_SERVER_APPS.SERVERS.ORG: MAP ROOT O:=.SHARED.SERVERS.ORG\shared MAP ROOT INS S16:=.APPS_SERVER_SYS.SERVERS.ORG\PUBLIC etc Jacob -- pitcherj ------------------------...

Installing PC Client 15.0.2 on Windows 7, 64 bits
When trying to install PC Client on Windows 7 machines, 64 bits, I obtain the following message: *** Initializing InstallShield Wizard... Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine... .. Searching for Java on the CD Verifying Java on the CD ........ Running InstallShield Wizard... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: run *** What am I doing wrong? ...

Client 2 SP1 Windows 7 (IR4)
The drive comes up in Explorer as I mapped them, and I can access the files on them, but when I go to an Administrator level DOS prompt, I can't access the drives (but I can through a non-admin prompt.) I assume the admin DOS prompt is acting like a different user, but can I change this? Thanks. -- tsherr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Turning off UAC seems to solve it, but it's still a pain. -- tsherr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tsherr's Profile: http://forums....

Windows 7 Pro iFolder 3.7 client install?
I am trying to install the iFolder client on new Windows 7 Pro laptops using the following method. ifolder3-windows.exe /s /v/qb The install runs and when I log in everything seems to be functioning. Yet if any other user logs in the iFolder client never starts running. And the shortcut options, such as Convert to iFolder, never show up for that user. The end users only have power users rights on the laptop. Is there something I am missing when Installing so that the client can get this to work correctly? Also placing the AutoAccount.xml file in the simias folder seems to fa...

unable to install netware-license with imanager 2.7.2
Hello, I try to install a new netware license with imanager 2.7.2. When I choose License-Install new License I get a dialog that says that there is no server with nlsadapt.nlm loaded or there is a problem with ncp. My connections work fine. The servers are NetWare 6.5SP8 with edir 8.8.4. Time is in sync. nlsadapt.nlm and nlsadpt2.nlm are loaded on the server with the master replica. I have no idea. Does anybody else have one? Thanks in advance and a good new year, Thomas -- twen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can you try us...

Slow login into Windows GroupWise Client without Netware Client installed
Hi, Customers GroupWise version is GroupWise 7.02HP1a with GroupWise 702 Agent Hot Patch 2 Rev 1 SP2 installed on a Netware 6.5 SP6 Server. The users don't have access to the Netware filesystem (no Netware cient, cifs or anything else). The login needs nearly a minute after entering the login credentials. I tried to remove the sdd - same problem. Although I know GroupWise 7 supports a restore area without direct file access I removed the postoffice from the member list of the restore area - same problem. Maybe I have to reboot the poa after doing that? I cross-checked wi...

Client 2 SP1 Windows 7 (IR3)
The company I am working for has just purchased a couple of new workstations with Windows 7 Professional installed. When I install the Client s SP1 IR3 and want to logon to the Novell Netware 6.5 SP8 server I get the following error: Error: Automatic Client Upgrade does not support this version of Windows. A logon script forces the user to run the acu.exe. Any idea whats causing this and what should be the sollution. Thanks, -- acbontekoe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sounds like the acu.exe is pointing to an old client ve...

Windows 7 Client install
Windows 7 environment is very new to us and having a problem installing Client 2 SP1 - IR7. Install stops when unable to find/access "nccredlogonext.dll" when installing from CD or HD. Doesn't seem to be a download/Hash issue as the overall download file checks out Hash-wise. The path containing the file in question is: \amd64\authenication\... Not sure why "amd64" is involved although the machine is a Precision T3500 with Intel Xeon 64-bit on Windows 7 SP1. It's all brand new to us so any help would be appreciated. -- youngj ------------...

Client 2 and Windows 7
I am testing Windows 7 Ultimate and Novell Client 2 for upgrade options. When running a proprietary software package against data files on the network we get the error "VUBFTF.OBJ : fatal error LINK1106 : invalid file or disk full : cannot seek to 0x2b2f". I have tried changing the cache and commit options (this has helped this issue in the past for clients on XP) but it didn't help. If I copy the data files to the local drive and run the process locally it works without error. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?? So far it is the first test and i...

Will Windows 7 install over Windows 7 Trial Edition
A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed to stop working after so many months Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? "mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ha4jid$2lmg$1@news.grc.com... >A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed >to stop working after so many months > > Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? > It depends on which "trial edition." If it was the RTM, then this is identical to th...

Web resources about - Windows 7 with Client 2 Loses F: Mapping - novell.netware.5x.install

The Windows Blog

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 arrives on the Fast ring
Microsoft promised late last year that it would be speeding up the rate that new Windows 10 preview builds arrived on the Fast ring in 2016, ...

How to stop Windows 10 from constantly bothering you about what’s bothering you
... this month, Microsoft unwittingly angered a significant portion of its user base by publishing frightening specific statistics about Windows ...

A developer is so frustrated by the Windows 10 app store, he's telling people to stop writing Windows ...
For months, developers have been complaining about a big problem with Microsoft's Windows 10 app store: their apps never show up in the search ...

After many promises, Microsoft accelerates Windows 10 preview delivery
Microsoft yesterday issued a new Windows 10 preview to its Insider testers, making good at least in one instance on a December promise to quicken ...

Dropbox just released a native Windows 10 app for tablets
Dropbox teamed up with Microsoft back in 2014, and since then many of the new features the company has introduced have focused around that partnership. ...

The Windows 10 store has a serious app discovery issue, and its developers aren’t pleased
Windows 10 has a significant problem with app searching and discovery, and it's driven one longtime developer to call for boycotting the Windows ...

Resistance Is Futile: You Will Be Assimilated Into Windows 10
We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated into Windows 10. Resistance is futile. It seems that Microsoft has decided to fashion its Windows 10 ...