Windows 7 Error Saving MS Word Files

Hi,

I am using NW 5.1.  I just added 2 Windows 7 WSs with Client 2 for
Windows 7 clients.

We use an old version of MS Word (2000), never had a problem before
under XP.

We cannot write to the server with our Word files.  We get this error:
"The save failed due to out of memory or disk space".

Anyone have the fix for this?

Thanks for your usual help

Alan

--
ostrowlaw

ostrowlaw

Ostrowlaw,
> Anyone have the fix for this?

Try the latesr client and patches. If this does not help, then ask in
the client newsgroup.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
1/3/2011 7:33:50 PM
Right, DUH, what was I thinking?  I downloaded the latest version but
not the patches.  One of the items patched was the inability to write to
NW 5.1 servers.
I installed the patch and, hopefully, you won't hear back from me on
this.

As usual, thanks for your help.

Alan

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031

0
ostrowlaw

Error in Saving Datawindow into PDF file Using Ghostscript
We are getting error while saving Powerbuilder Datawindow into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS . Same is working fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 . Does Windows 7 support the same . If yes Pls give some solution It would help if you told us what version of PowerBuilder you are using. <ARUN> wrote in message news:4ab30cdd.59aa.1681692777@sybase.com... > > We are getting error while saving Powerbuilder Datawindow > into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS . Same is working > fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 . > > Does Windows 7 support ...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Saving Word files from a Mac causes all the files to disappear for Windows clients
Hi, Got a strange one we have run into. Periodically, a user on a OS X Mac will save a Word document to a folder on our Novell 6.5 server with NFA installed and running. When the user moves to a Windows client the folder will appear empty or will be missing any files past the "alpha" name of the file. If it is a shared location, then all Windows users will lose access to the files in that folder. If I move the file or delete it, the rest of the files show up again. If I change the name and add a "z" at the front then any files that start with letters ear...

saving the data of FCK Editor to MS SQL sever Database and MS word file
hi, I'm building an web application using Visual Studio 2008, ASP.NET, C# languag i have FCk editor integrated inside one of the webpages, I dont know how to save  the data written in text area of FCK editor to the database (MS SQL SERVER) as well as save the same data to  MS word file.. plz help me as soon as possible eiter with code or with a link... response awaited thanX Rakesh  One point you should bear in mind if you allow others to use that web page - the html should be validated to check that it only contains allowed markup. There is the basis ...

How can I install Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 to a virtual hard disk (VHD) file?
A. Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 add the ability for an OS to be installed onto a virtual hard disk (VHD) file to boot physical hardware. To do this, perform the following steps: http://windowsitpro.com/windowsnt20002003faq/article/articleid/101456/q-how-can-i-install-windows-7-or-windows-server-2008-r2-to-a-virtual-hard-disk-vhd-file.html -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

How disable save file popup error message: file "could not be saved, because the source file could not be read." ; jor
When I save web pages (complete, not merely html, in order to save images) to my disk, while offline, I get about 10 pop up messages saying it can't load .js & .php files. I have to close each one of those 10 windows individually - a big waste of human time. Firefox 3.6.10 on Ubuntu Linux 10.4 Is there a way to 1) disable those info messages so they don't pop up, or 2) have ff put all the messages into merely one window, so I only have to close one window per web page. Thanks. :) = Popup window error message: {filename path to folder on disk} "could not...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Will Windows 7 install over Windows 7 Trial Edition
A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed to stop working after so many months Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? "mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ha4jid$2lmg$1@news.grc.com... >A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed >to stop working after so many months > > Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? > It depends on which "trial edition." If it was the RTM, then this is identical to th...

Windows 7 and Driver install errors
I am in the process of updating all the printers with new Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. What I am finding is that a lot of the drivers are kicking an error back. The Publisher of an Authenticode signed catalog has not yet been established as trusted. I assumed this was due to the drive not bing signed and that turning off driver signing in windows 7 would fix that problem. It hasn't... Does anyone know a way around this? NetWare 6.5.8 iPrint Client 5.32 Windows 7 Pro Thanks Rich -- rhuhman ------------------------------------------------------------...

App install error on Windows 7
I use the Wise9 installation program for my application written in D2010. On some machines users receive the following message after installation, "This program might not have installed correctly." What would cause this message? My installation is pretty simple and everything appears to have installed correctly. Thanks Bob AFAICT It's something Windows shows if Windows (for some reason) thinks that nothing was installed. You can see it sometimes when you start an installer and cancel it, then Windows is likely to show that message. -- Finn Tolderlund ...

Saving Excel and Word files fails and will only save to temp file
Hi Sometimes we�r having problems saving Excel 97 and Word 97 files. An error message tells us that we can�t save the file but the file is saved as a temp file. We heve notised that the problem as a workaround can be solved by deleting the space in mapps and filenames. But our users doesn�t buy that answer :-) We are running a Netware 6.5 sp3 cluster and Novell Client 4.91 version 4.91.0.20050216. Hopefull for an answer Greetings /Max On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:29:43 GMT, max.ernestal@lindesberg.se wrote: >Sometimes we�r having problems saving Excel 97 and Word 97 fi...

Windows Client Install, Error installing NICI. Error Code: -3
This is a Windows 2003 server. I was just trying to re-install the Novell Client and can't seem to get past this NICI issue. I tried Client 4.91 SP5 and Client 4.91 SP5 IR1. No success searching TIDs, any ideas? Thanks, Marc Resolved by un-installing Client, then deleting files in: C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici Solved error by deleting folders: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici\" To do so: 0- Login as domain user "Administrator" with no Novell login. 1- Right-click "nici\SUBFOLDER1" folder and select Properties 2- Choose "Sec...

Would be useful to have option to save an install file to file rather than just accepting to instal it
Name: Steve Product: Firefox Summary: Would be useful to have option to save an install file to file rather than just accepting to instal it Comments: When a site wants to install a file on my machine Firefox very sensibly prevents this from happening automatically and warns me at the top of the window. (eg. "Firefox prevented this site (...) from asking you to install software on your computer"). It also provides button to "Allow" the installation to proceed. It would be a better if it also had a "Save to File" option. Then I could just sav...

Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7
Hi, I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe from the MS website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91 and this solved the problem. But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working". Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that sh...

Web resources about - Windows 7 Error Saving MS Word Files - novell.netware.5x.install

The Windows Blog

Canberra says goodbye to Dickson window washer, Ian 'Scrubby' Stokes
Canberrans are mourning the death of one of the city's most familiar faces, Ian 'Scrubby' Stokes.

Transfer Window Live 20/01: Byram 'Done'; Swansea Enquire About Allen; Chelsea ...
90min Transfer Window Live 20/01: Byram 'Done'; Swansea Enquire About Allen; Chelsea ... 90min Hammers co-chairman David Sullivan told Sky ...

Don’t want Windows 10? Here's how to say no to the upgrade in Windows 7 and 8.1
Fed up of Microsoft aggressively pushing Windows 10 on you? Happy to stick with Windows 7 or 8.1? You’re not alone. Microsoft doesn’t make it ...

This Roomba-like robot for windows fixes the most annoying thing about cleaning
This robot is designed clean the hard-to-reach places that makes window washing such a chore. Produced by Corey Protin. Edited by Maya Dangerfield. ...

Review: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4
In November, Microsoft released Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. With the final release due out in the second half of this year, TP4 ...

‘Fast & Furious’ 8 Rolls Into New York City With Official Title, Release Window
Clear your calendars people – the eighth installment of the Fast and Furious series hits theaters April, 2017 with the official title of Fast ...