Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5

Hello,

I have a netware 5.0 (no sp) with ds 7.45 on a Compaq Proliant 3000.
This server is alone on my tree.

I want migrate this server to Netware 6.5 to a Compaq dl 380 G2.

What is the best method ?

Thanks for answer
Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy
France
0
fxderveloy

You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the
Migration Wizard.  No SP's at all on the 5.0 server?  That is rare indeed.

Also, how many users on this server and how much data?

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

config.txt give this :

Novell NetWare 5.00g 11 December 1999
(C) Copyright 1983-1999 Novell Inc. All Rights Reserved.
OS Version................: v5.00
OS revision number........: 6
Server Up Time(D:H:M:Sec).: 14:15:35:32
DS.NLM       v7.45   Feb. 17, 2000 NetWare 5.00 Directory Services

I have 9.0 Go of data.
I have 100 user.
No IP, just IPX .

Thanks for your help.

FRan�ois-Xavier Derveloy
Le Permis Informatique
France

> You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the
> Migration Wizard.  No SP's at all on the 5.0 server?  That is rare indeed.
>
> Also, how many users on this server and how much data?
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
fxderveloy
11/20/2004 2:23:31 PM
OK -- that sounds like SP6 or 6a there.

That being said, you should be able to run the Migration Wizard to handle
the change over.

I'd note, especially given that you are currently running IPX only, to make
sure you configure the new server in pre-migration mode, with both TCPIP
(the default) and IPX.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy
Le Permis Informatique
France

> OK -- that sounds like SP6 or 6a there.
>
> That being said, you should be able to run the Migration Wizard to handle
> the change over.
>
> I'd note, especially given that you are currently running IPX only, to make
> sure you configure the new server in pre-migration mode, with both TCPIP
> (the default) and IPX.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
fxderveloy
11/21/2004 9:49:16 AM
No problem -- note, for follow up questions, I'd suggest the
novell.support.netware.6x.install-upgrade newsgroup.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

During NDS migration, all properties are restored in the destination server ?
User password, User profil ?

Netware Migration wizard is it reliable ?

For my migration ( Netware 5.0sp6 to Netware 6.5). Can I to use NetWare
Migration Wizard 7.1 ?

During migration, the source server shutdown. If i have problem, can i
switch on the source server ( on isolate network) ?

Thanks for answer.

> No problem -- note, for follow up questions, I'd suggest the
> novell.support.netware.6x.install-upgrade newsgroup.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
fxderveloy
11/21/2004 8:27:16 PM
> During NDS migration, all properties are restored in the destination server ?
> User password, User profil ?

They should be.

> Netware Migration wizard is it reliable ?

Reasonably so - provided the source (NW 5.0) server is properly 'health
checked'.  MW 7.0 or 7.1 should work here, as would MW 6.5.  Not sure about
MW 8.0 though.

> During migration, the source server shutdown. If i have problem, can i
> switch on the source server ( on isolate network) ?

Yes -- there is a TID for bringing back to life DS on the source server.
Not all that complicated.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Can one tell me how to upgrade a Netware 5.0 Single Server to a Netware 6.5 Singele Server where the Netware 6.5 Server will be on a new Machine. What are the specials one has to look after? Thak you You should look into Migration Wizard to ease this process. Migration Wizard can be downloaded from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Having used Migration Wizard 7.1 to migrate 5.0 to 6.5 I cannot recommend that route. I have seen others in these forums have the same problems I saw. A stepped migra...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 upgrade?
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration wizard on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e. have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with edir/nds?) Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks John, > My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to...

In place upgrade from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
I am looking into doing a inplace upgrade of our Netware 5.0 Server to Netware 6.5 on a Compaq G3 Proliant. What is the best way to do this. Many thanks for any advice. Regards, How many users? -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com ...

Upgrade from NetWare 5.0 SP6a to NetWare 6.5
Is it possible to do an inplace upgrade from NetWare 5.0 SP6a with NDS version 7.51 to NetWare 6.5, using the Deployment Manager? Thank you in advance for your help. I would not advise it. D/l the 5.1sp7 overlay and migrate to it, then use the mig wiz to move to 6.5. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com No. Upgrading from 5.0 to 6.5 on the same machine is not supported. The installation program will simply refuse the upgrade. If you want to do an in place upgrade to from 5.0 to 6.5, you have to upgrade to 5.1 or 6.0 first and then upgrade to 6.5. In a...

NetWare 5.0 (DS7x) to NetWare 6.5 upgrade
It's been a while since I've upgraded an OS version this old. Does anyone know of any gotchas or issues when upgrading across the wire to new hardware? Outside of the usual, very latest DS service packs on the 5.0 server, etc. Does it make sense to upgrade to DS8 and patch that on the 5.0 box first? Does it make more sense to install the new server into the same tree, or start with a temp tree and use the migration wizard? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks, -Greg -- Using Virtual Access http://www.soft-shop.com Sent using Virtual Access 5.51 -...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Help please- Upgrading from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Can you please tell me what issues there are installing 6.5 netware servers into a existing Netware 5.0 network with sp4/5 I believe I need to apply sp6a to each Server but can this be done via Network Deployment Manager or do I have to apply sp6a to each Netware 5.0 in turn from the Server itself. Also do you apply it to the Master first or does it not matter. Regards. > Also to add. I only want to install new Server running Netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 tree. I dont want to upgrade existing Netware 5.0 to 6.5 only add new 6.5 Server to the existing Net...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I am in the process of upgrading a Netware 5 server to a Netware 6.5 server and have a few questions: 1. I would like to run both the Netware 5 and Netware 6.5 server at the same time on the same network. (Is there a migration tool that will transfer the data only, having different file server names?) 2. By doing the above, and having the NDS replicate to the new Netware 6.5 server, does this cause any problems? (Eventually the Netware 5.0 server will be taken offline) 3. Is there any pdf file or technical docs on upgrading from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and what the issues might be?...

Web resources about - Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 - novell.netware.5x.install

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

How to Upgrade your MacBook PRO to a SSD (Solid State Hard Drive) - YouTube
Follow me on twitter : http://twitter.com/sakitechonline Follow me on facebook: http://goo.gl/R95Pq Website: http://www.sakitechonline.com Create ...