Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5

Can one tell me how to upgrade a Netware 5.0 Single Server to a Netware
6.5 Singele Server where the Netware 6.5 Server will be on a new Machine.
What are the specials one has to look after?

Thak you
0
petzold

You should look into Migration Wizard to ease this process.
Migration Wizard can be downloaded from http://download.novell.com

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

A stepped migration to 5.1 then to 6.5 seems to work OK.

How many users, how many queues?
--
Dave Lunn
NSC SysOp

0
Dave
7/22/2004 12:30:22 PM
Ah right -- NW 5.0 -- a tad of an orphan.

So you'd suggest an over the wire to 5.1, then an in place to 6.5.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry
> So you'd suggest an over the wire to 5.1, then an in place to 6.5.

Only if there's a lot of users/queues.  If it's under 50 total, do a new
install,  it just isn't worth the hassle.  Even at 100 I'd install new for
the options it gives me reconfiguring.  It's only a 3-4 hours work to put
them in by hand.
--
Dave Lunn
NSC SysOp
http://support-forums.novell.com

0
Dave
7/22/2004 11:10:27 PM
> Only if there's a lot of users/queues.  If it's under 50 total, do a new
> install,  it just isn't worth the hassle.  Even at 100 I'd install new for
> the options it gives me reconfiguring.  It's only a 3-4 hours work to put
> them in by hand.

OK - makes sense -- I'm assuming what you'd do is find a way to move the
data first.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

I would be certain to take the opportunity to review and improve my
structure though.
--
Dave Lunn
NSC SysOp
http://support-forums.novell.com

0
Dave
7/23/2004 11:47:20 AM
> I would be certain to take the opportunity to review and improve my
> structure though.

Indeed -- over time we learn that file directory configurations should
change to reflect changed environments.

Also of course, it is a time to do housecleaning...

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a netware 5.0 (no sp) with ds 7.45 on a Compaq Proliant 3000. This server is alone on my tree. I want migrate this server to Netware 6.5 to a Compaq dl 380 G2. What is the best method ? Thanks for answer Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy France You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the Migration Wizard. No SP's at all on the 5.0 server? That is rare indeed. Also, how many users on this server and how much data? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Hello, config.txt give this : Novell NetWare 5.00...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 upgrade?
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration wizard on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e. have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with edir/nds?) Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks John, > My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to...

In place upgrade from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
I am looking into doing a inplace upgrade of our Netware 5.0 Server to Netware 6.5 on a Compaq G3 Proliant. What is the best way to do this. Many thanks for any advice. Regards, How many users? -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com ...

Upgrade from NetWare 5.0 SP6a to NetWare 6.5
Is it possible to do an inplace upgrade from NetWare 5.0 SP6a with NDS version 7.51 to NetWare 6.5, using the Deployment Manager? Thank you in advance for your help. I would not advise it. D/l the 5.1sp7 overlay and migrate to it, then use the mig wiz to move to 6.5. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com No. Upgrading from 5.0 to 6.5 on the same machine is not supported. The installation program will simply refuse the upgrade. If you want to do an in place upgrade to from 5.0 to 6.5, you have to upgrade to 5.1 or 6.0 first and then upgrade to 6.5. In a...

NetWare 5.0 (DS7x) to NetWare 6.5 upgrade
It's been a while since I've upgraded an OS version this old. Does anyone know of any gotchas or issues when upgrading across the wire to new hardware? Outside of the usual, very latest DS service packs on the 5.0 server, etc. Does it make sense to upgrade to DS8 and patch that on the 5.0 box first? Does it make more sense to install the new server into the same tree, or start with a temp tree and use the migration wizard? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks, -Greg -- Using Virtual Access http://www.soft-shop.com Sent using Virtual Access 5.51 -...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Help please- Upgrading from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Can you please tell me what issues there are installing 6.5 netware servers into a existing Netware 5.0 network with sp4/5 I believe I need to apply sp6a to each Server but can this be done via Network Deployment Manager or do I have to apply sp6a to each Netware 5.0 in turn from the Server itself. Also do you apply it to the Master first or does it not matter. Regards. > Also to add. I only want to install new Server running Netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 tree. I dont want to upgrade existing Netware 5.0 to 6.5 only add new 6.5 Server to the existing Net...

netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade
Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? (I want to replace a server) Thanks Kumar On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:32:33 GMT, kumars@gotafe.vic.edu.au wrote: >Is there any dsmaint procedure or TID available >for "netware 6.5 to netware 6.5 hardware upgrade"? >(I want to replace a server) The Migration Wizard v. 8 (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=nMihwfdEES8~) will do this for you. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail respon...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I am in the process of upgrading a Netware 5 server to a Netware 6.5 server and have a few questions: 1. I would like to run both the Netware 5 and Netware 6.5 server at the same time on the same network. (Is there a migration tool that will transfer the data only, having different file server names?) 2. By doing the above, and having the NDS replicate to the new Netware 6.5 server, does this cause any problems? (Eventually the Netware 5.0 server will be taken offline) 3. Is there any pdf file or technical docs on upgrading from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and what the issues might be?...

Web resources about - Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 - novell.netware.5x.install

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube