SLP UA WARNING - IPX only server

I am running Netware 5.1 on a IPX only server and i am getting the
following
message on the server prompt.

SLP UA WARNING
unable to contact directory agent. Verify DA availability IP
connectivity DA
discovery options and configuration.

The only thing that clears this is loading SLPDA.nlm, but we do not
run this
NLM on any of our other servers.

Does anyone know how to clear this?

Matt Watson

0
Matt

It sounds like the server does not contain any support packs. This
message
will go away if you've installed SP1 or later.

Even with IPX only, SLPTCP gets loaded. You can confirm by typing

MODULES SLP*.NLM

at the server console.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison

--
terspazio
terspazio's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34282

0
terspazio

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

I just install a netware 6 server does Netware 6 have a screen saver
I just install a NetWare 6 server but even with monitor loaded my server didn't go into a screen saver mode, I was just wondering if there was one like the old 4x. Thanks Steven At the console prompt: Scrsaver Please, no email for newsgroup questions. Barry Schnur Novell Product Support Forums Sysop Please post replies ONLY via the Newsgroup Since the release of NW 5.0 a few years ago, the screen saver is a separate module called scrsaver.nlm . -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Netware 4.2 Can't load Install, change server parameters, server freezes.
Last week I had a mysterious problem, the server would hang loading Install, config or even trying to modify the server parameters. Users would loose immediately the connection to the server. I was able to run the dsrepair -a, and run check volume objects and trustees and that took care of the problem with users loosing connections to the server. I still have a problem with server hanging up. About a year ago I had problem only with loading install, when we added more memory and drive space. I was able to load install after a reboot and re-install sp9, and add the space to the ...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5. I am rebuilding one of the servers. I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it Netware 6.5 SP3. I have iPrint running on the server that I am rebuilding. I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I am going to have. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks Jason Roggentien There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc. The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager. The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, et...

Web resources about - SLP UA WARNING - IPX only server - novell.netware.5x.install

Ballistic Missile Early Warning System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Site I- A United States Air Force facility at Thule Air Base , Greenland , ( 76°34′08″N 68°19′05″W  /  76.569°N 68.318°W  / 76.569; -68.318 ...

WARNING: Zeus Trojan Using Facebook Login Pages As Bait To Target Credit-Card Info
The Zeus Trojan is on the prowl again, hungry for credit-card information and other personal data, and Facebook is being used as the bait. continued… ...

Queensland weather: Latest storm warning information
PARTS of Queensland were hit by severe storms, with golf-ball-size hail in the Granite Belt Monday afternoon.

Retailers hunt for attacks after warning on stealthy malware
Retailers hunt for new credut card breaches after warning about malware that evades almost all security software.

Russian jet shot down: Surviving crew member of downed fighter jet says Turkey gave 'no warning'
The surviving crew member of a Russian warplane shot down by Turkey said on Wednesday the plane received no warnings from the Turkish Air Force ...

WARNING: Change your Amazon password now — Amazon suffers potential password leak
The Black Friday 2015 shopping season is upon us and Amazon's big Black Friday sale is in full swing , but some Amazon customers have received ...

Russia Says Turkey Downed Plane Without Warning, Europe1 Says
Russia’s ambassador to France Alexandre Orlov told France’s Europe1 radio station that it’s "completely false" to say that Turkey gave 10 warnings ...

Officials are warning that cheap hoverboards can explode
Hoverboards are red-hot this year — sometimes literally. British officials are warning customers about the risk of buying cheap hoverboards, ...

Pope Francis delivers stern warning ahead of Paris climate conference
... to the capital. (CNN) — Pope Francis celebrated a historic Mass in Kenya Thursday (November 26) before delivering a stern environmental warning ...

US State Department issues global travel warning: What you should know
Christian Science Monitor US State Department issues global travel warning: What you should know Christian Science Monitor Citing an increase ...