Server folders disappearing

Console displaying
Can't write \\dell\sys\SYSTEM\MKDE\LOG\xxxxxxxx.log
Check disk space

All directories on sys volume not all showing up even for Admin,
sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't.  Users losing access to
network directories for which they have rights.

I read that I need to move vrepair to the dos partition and also any
namespaces, and then run vrepair until I get no errors.  I don't know
how to move the long namespace which is the only namespace I'm using.

Thanks

Bruce

--
bwdavis

bwdavis

When they mean "move namespaces", they are referring to copying the
LONG.NAM etc files to the DOS partition.

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10093811&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=85950391&stateId=0%200%2085952013

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!
Peter;1857946 Wrote:
> When they mean "move namespaces", they are referring to copying the
> LONG.NAM etc files to the DOS partition.
>

> --
>

> Peter
> eDirectory Rules!
> 'DreamLAN Network Consulting Ltd. - Leading Authority on eDirectory and
> LDAP technologies' (http://www.DreamLAN.com)

Thanks, Peter.
Bruce

--
bwdavis
bwdavis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62795

0
bwdavis
9/18/2009 8:16:01 PM
Peter;1857947 Wrote:
> Check out this TID:
>
> '10093811: NWMKDE-98'
> (http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10093811&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=85950391&stateId=0%200%2085952013)
>

> --
>

> Peter
> eDirectory Rules!
> 'DreamLAN Network Consulting Ltd. - Leading Authority on eDirectory and
> LDAP technologies' (http://www.DreamLAN.com)

Well this turned out to be the least of my problems.  This server is in
production and is down to only about 4G on the (only) sys: volume.  It
continued to go downhill (behave erratically) and we had to uninstall DS
from it in order to get it back up on the tree.  Now the Volume object
is unknown, but people can still access it.  I am going to copy the data
off of it this weekend and replace it.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

--

bwdavis wrote:

> Now the Volume object
> is unknown, but people can still access it.

What likely happened is that because you uninstalled DS, the NCP Server
object is gone, and NCP Server (aka Host Server) is one of the mandatory
attributes - this caused the Volume object to become unknown since the
attribute value is lost. This simply means you cannot "make use" of the
object but the phyiscal volume is not affected in any way.

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

I just install a netware 6 server does Netware 6 have a screen saver
I just install a NetWare 6 server but even with monitor loaded my server didn't go into a screen saver mode, I was just wondering if there was one like the old 4x. Thanks Steven At the console prompt: Scrsaver Please, no email for newsgroup questions. Barry Schnur Novell Product Support Forums Sysop Please post replies ONLY via the Newsgroup Since the release of NW 5.0 a few years ago, the screen saver is a separate module called scrsaver.nlm . -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums ...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Netware 4.2 Can't load Install, change server parameters, server freezes.
Last week I had a mysterious problem, the server would hang loading Install, config or even trying to modify the server parameters. Users would loose immediately the connection to the server. I was able to run the dsrepair -a, and run check volume objects and trustees and that took care of the problem with users loosing connections to the server. I still have a problem with server hanging up. About a year ago I had problem only with loading install, when we added more memory and drive space. I was able to load install after a reboot and re-install sp9, and add the space to the ...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Web resources about - Server folders disappearing - novell.netware.5x.install

Alternative To Facebook’s Disappearing Discussion Tab
Those mourning the impending loss of the discussion tab October 31 may have an alternative in the form of Forum for Pages.

Facebook tests disappearing post feature on iOS
... is trying to bring the Snapchat-like timebomb messaging aspect into the News Feed. According to The Next Web , Facebook is testing a “disappearing ...

Why is this email disappearing? Fade.li makes email fade away...
Why is this email disappearing? Fade.li makes email fade away...

Zeph: Disappearing Text on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zeph: Disappearing Text on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Disappearing Money - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
No matter how hard I try, money just seems to disappear right from my hands

The Muppet Show: Sherlock Holmes & The Case Of The Disappearing Clues - YouTube
The Muppet Show, Season One, Episode Three with guest star Joel Grey. Original Airdate: October 18, 1976. UK Spot: Sherlock Holmes and the Case ...

Disappearing dinosaur: $500 reward offered
The owners of a three metre long dinosaur statue stolen from Canberra's National Dinosaur Museum have offered a $500 reward for its return.

Incredible Maps Show How Working Class Neighborhoods Are Disappearing From American Cities
As America has transitioned from a manufacturing economy to a knowledge and service-based economy, entire neighborhoods and cities have been ...

Gardens disappearing
As a new resident of Braddon, I am particularly aware of the rush to develop or infill, and the demolition of old properties (together with ...

Europe's journalism disappearing down Google's court-ordered memory hole
Europe's journalism disappearing down Google's court-ordered memory hole Goulburn Post Marketing Land publisher Danny Sullivan pointed out ...