NW5 on PCI express bus

Has anyone successfully installed NW5 on motherboard supporting only
PCIe (No PCI)? Or does anyone know the NLMs required for PCIe?

--
van_sean

van

It would be totally up the vendor that makes the card that goes into your
PCIe slot to provide the driver - given NW5 hasn't been supported for
years, doubt any vendors have any such certified/supported drivers.

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107

0
van
5/31/2011 2:36:03 AM
On 31/05/2011 03:36, van sean wrote:

> My motherboard indicates that it has the RT8111E chip for its onboard
> lan which is passing through the PCIe route. I got the netware driver
> from realtek website. but when i'm installing, it always fails. It says
> fails to load RTGESRV.LAN. I beieve i got the right driver.

Was this the download on Realtek's website labelled "Novell server
driver (Support OS 5.X and 6.X"?

If so, that would suggest that it should work.

You say you have NW5 but is this NetWare 5.0 or 5.1?

Which support pack do you have installed?

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
5/31/2011 12:28:21 PM
Hi simon,
Yes, it's the novell server driver OS 5.x and 6.x. and as you also
believe, i think it is the right driver. because i also tried other
drivers wherein Netware will not let me continue. Unlike this one, it
continues yet after a while it informs me that driver instance failed to
load ... (The device supported by the driver might be disabled).

I'm installing the Netware 5.0 server. I'm also using this guide
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Download_Area/ATW_Library/NetWare_5.x/NW5__2-Tip-Serial-ATA_SATA_Support_in_NetWare_5_0.pdf

then after installing, I'll install the sp6a.

PS. I've encountered the same error before but on a totally different
motherboard and driver wherein i used exxternal PCI adapter. The problem
before was luckily solved when i enabled the PCI BUS MASTER feature on
the motherboard. My current motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3. It
does not have PCI. and i tried a long time trying different settings in
the BIOS. Maybe you can help me find the right settings on the BIOS.
Because all i understand is if the Onboard LAN Controller is Enabled, it
should work, since i want to use the onboard LAN. I'm not familiar with
the other settings that should concern the network adapter. Hope you can
help. the manual for the board is available in their website.

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
5/31/2011 1:36:03 PM
On 31/05/2011 14:36, van sean wrote:

> Yes, it's the novell server driver OS 5.x and 6.x. and as you also
> believe, i think it is the right driver. because i also tried other
> drivers wherein Netware will not let me continue. Unlike this one, it
> continues yet after a while it informs me that driver instance failed to
> load ... (The device supported by the driver might be disabled).
>
> I'm installing the Netware 5.0 server. I'm also using this guide
> http://www.answersthatwork.com/Download_Area/ATW_Library/NetWare_5.x/NW5__2-Tip-Serial-ATA_SATA_Support_in_NetWare_5_0.pdf
>
> then after installing, I'll install the sp6a.

So you haven't got an existing NetWare 5.0 server that you're trying to
use this NIC with but are doing a fresh install?

If so, is there a particular reason that you're installing NetWare 5.0?

Whilst the download would suggest it should work for NetWare 5.0 I'm
wondering whether it would behave better with NetWare 5.1 with the
latest (last) Support Pack, SP8.

The reason for thinking that is NW5.1 shares some libraries with NW6.0 &
NW6.5, in particular the CLIB & DSAPI libraries (similar between NW5.1
SP8, NW6.0 SP5 & NW6.5 SP6).

> PS. I've encountered the same error before but on a totally different
> motherboard and driver wherein i used exxternal PCI adapter. The problem
> before was luckily solved when i enabled the PCI BUS MASTER feature on
> the motherboard. My current motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3. It
> does not have PCI. and i tried a long time trying different settings in
> the BIOS. Maybe you can help me find the right settings on the BIOS.
> Because all i understand is if the Onboard LAN Controller is Enabled, it
> should work, since i want to use the onboard LAN. I'm not familiar with
> the other settings that should concern the network adapter. Hope you can
> help. the manual for the board is available in their website.

What, if any, error message is reported when you try and load the new
LAN driver?

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
6/1/2011 9:40:55 AM
hi Simon,
Yes, it's a fresh install. We have been using NW5 way before upto now
and we would like to upgrade the hardware. Upgrading to nw5.1 or higher
will mean more cost to us without any benefit since our system is so
simple.

Here's the error:
"The following driver instance failed to load and will be deleted:
C:\NWUPDATE\RTGESRV.LAN  SLOT=10014  FRAME=ETHERNET_802.2
NAME=RTGESRV_1_E82
(The device supported by the driver may be disabled.)"

Glad you are trying to help. Thanks

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/1/2011 10:36:02 AM
On 01/06/2011 11:36, van sean wrote:

> Yes, it's a fresh install. We have been using NW5 way before upto now
> and we would like to upgrade the hardware. Upgrading to nw5.1 or higher
> will mean more cost to us without any benefit since our system is so
> simple.

So simple yet so difficult! ;-)

If I remember correctly there is no consolidated overlay CD/DVD of
NetWare 5.0 with Support Pack 6 included (that started with NW5.1 SPx)
so you must be installing "plain" NetWare 5.0.

> Here's the error:
> "The following driver instance failed to load and will be deleted:
> C:\NWUPDATE\RTGESRV.LAN  SLOT=10014  FRAME=ETHERNET_802.2
> NAME=RTGESRV_1_E82
> (The device supported by the driver may be disabled.)"

Does the install continue (to completion) if you don't load the LAN driver?

I'm thinking here that if you can get NW5.0 installed you can then patch
it with SP6a and we can see if the LAN driver will then load.

If it does then this might be the way forward, installing server into
it's own tree but then once patched, or more specifically once LAN
driver loads, remove DS from it and insert into your production tree.
Unless of course this will be the only server in your tree?

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
6/1/2011 11:19:53 AM
Yup, CD is just plain NW5.
Installation won't continue without any network. I tried putting
odineb.nlm, msm.nlm of sp6a in C:\NWUPDATE but it also failed the same
way.
On another note, how do you install a server in its own tree? or how do
you know if the server is in a production or in its own tree?
Because upon installation, you just fill in the blanks in the Directory
Services Screen and everything just goes into place once installation is
finished.

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/1/2011 2:36:02 PM
Van sean,
> On another note, how do you install a server in its own tree? or how do
> you know if the server is in a production or in its own tree?

At one point the install asks for Existing or New tree.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/1/2011 8:18:16 PM
Ah yes, so i choose Existing if i want to put it in production and new
tree if i want to put it in its own tree? or is it the other way around?

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/2/2011 3:06:02 AM
Van sean,
> , so i choose Existing if i want to put it in production and new
> tree if i want to put it in its own tree?

Yes. If you make a temp tree, then make sure that both tree and server
names are unique. Ie TEMP_SERVER, TEMP_TREE

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/2/2011 6:43:52 AM
On 01/06/2011 15:36, van sean wrote:

> Yup, CD is just plain NW5.
> Installation won't continue without any network. I tried putting
> odineb.nlm, msm.nlm of sp6a in C:\NWUPDATE but it also failed the same
> way.

Okay I've now got myself a NW5 CD(!) and am trying this out in a virtual
machine (so it's not matching your exact hardware).

I suspect the new RTGESRV.LAN driver requires newer files that
(hopefully) are in SP6a - whilst MSM.NLM would probably be one,
ETHERTSM.NLM would be another but then there will be others.

However I've found that whilst Novell didn't create a consolidated CD of
NW5 + SP6a they did the next best thing - they published instructions
and files to create your own.  This is available @
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=Vwi_90Zeswk~

Whilst it appears to be aimed at SP2 I've no reason to think it
shouldn't work for SP6a.  I'm in the process of going through the steps
myself with SP6a but I won't know if this will work for you because of
my different (virtual) hardware.

If this doesn't work then I can think of two other possible ways forward:

1) try with another, physical NIC in the hope drivers will "just work"
(in reality unlikely since newer PCIe NIC will likely require newer driver)

2) copy quite a few more updated NLMs, etc. into c:\nwupdate

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
6/2/2011 12:51:37 PM
On 02/06/2011 13:51, Simon Flood wrote:

> Whilst it appears to be aimed at SP2 I've no reason to think it
> shouldn't work for SP6a. I'm in the process of going through the steps
> myself with SP6a but I won't know if this will work for you because of
> my different (virtual) hardware.

Right not quite as simple as it first seemed - the process of putting
together a set of files is correct but creating the CD results in a
non-bootable CD.  I think I may have to switch to a Linux box to
actually do this satisfactorily.

Re-reading the readme associated with the nwsp2aai patch I think you
actually should end up with a CD that will install NW5.0 and then patch
with SPx at the end ... which doesn't help you in this case.

However the two batch files supplied are of interest, in particular
frontend.bat which the readme notes "will patch at the front of the
install and also at the end."

Checking frontend.bat it copies various sets of files to c:\nwupdate
before running the install so it might be worth trying the same thing
yourself without going through hoops to create the combined NW5.0+SP6a CD.

You should therefore try copying the following files from NW50SP6A:

- misc\nwupdate\*.*            to c:\nwupdate
- products\prends\system\*.NLM to c:\nwupdate
- startup\*.EXE                to c:\nwupdate
- startup\*.NLM                to c:\nwupdate
- startup\nls\*.MSG            to c:\nwupdate\nls
- sys\system\*.NLM             to c:\nwupdate
- sys\system\SYSCALLS.NLM      to c:\nwupdate\sys
- sys\system\nls\*.MSG         to c:\nwupdate\nls

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
6/2/2011 2:47:37 PM
hi simon,

thanks for helping me out. i'm have question with the *.msg from the
nls. How do i copy them to the nwupdate because both nls folder from sys
and startup have subfolders. do i make subfolders also? their subfolders
also have the same name.

on the other hand, would you know if multi-cores would work with
netware 5? or do i need to configure anything to make multi cores work?
is there a way to know if the cores are being utilized? so that i would
know if i need to invest in multi-core processors or simply get the ones
with the highest clock speed with minimal cores.

thanks again
sean

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/4/2011 4:06:01 AM
Van sean,
> on the other hand, would you know if multi-cores would work with
> netware 5? or do i need to configure anything to make multi cores work?
> is there a way to know if the cores are being utilized? so that i would
> know if i need to invest in multi-core processors or simply get the ones
> with the highest clock speed with minimal cores.

In one word: Don't!

NetWare is IO-bound, not CPU-bound. While NW 6.5 will be able to leverage
multiple processors when running as an appserver, you will see zero
benefit on 5.x, running as a fileserver.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/4/2011 2:53:17 PM
hi anders,
thanks for that info. you saved me a lot of money. how about RAM?
I currently have 1pc. 2gb ddr3 1333 installed. My board supports 2 x
DDR3 DIMM slots.
Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz
would adding more help? or what is the max that netware 5 can use?

sean

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/4/2011 4:06:01 PM
Van sean,
> thanks for that info. you saved me a lot of money. how about RAM?
> I currently have 1pc. 2gb ddr3 1333 installed. My board supports 2 x
> DDR3 DIMM slots.
> Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz
> would adding more help? or what is the max that netware 5 can use?

4Gb maximum as NW is a 32-bit OS.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/4/2011 6:45:21 PM
On 04/06/2011 05:06, van sean wrote:

> thanks for helping me out. i'm have question with the *.msg from the
> nls. How do i copy them to the nwupdate because both nls folder from sys
> and startup have subfolders. do i make subfolders also? their subfolders
> also have the same name.

My bad as I didn't make that as clear as I could've done.

You need to keep the directory structure from the original. The
following is what frontend.bat copies before starting the install:

xcopy \nw5sp\misc\nwupdate\*.* c:\nwupdate /s /e /v /y
xcopy \nw5sp\products\prends\system\*.NLM c:\nwupdate /s /e /v /y
xcopy \nw5sp\startup\*.EXE c:\nwupdate /e /v /y
xcopy \nw5sp\startup\*.NLM c:\nwupdate /e /v /y
xcopy \nw5sp\startup\nls\*.MSG c:\nwupdate\nls /e /v /y
xcopy \nw5sp\sys\system\*.NLM c:\nwupdate /e /v /y
xcopy \nw5sp\sys\system\SYSCALLS.NLM c:\nwupdate\sys\ /e /v /y
xcopy \nw5sp\sys\system\nls\*.MSG c:\nwupdate\nls /s /e /v /y

\nw5sp is the directory containing the NW5 Support Pack (SP2 in this
case but it should be valid for SP6a).

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
6/6/2011 10:04:13 AM
Hi Anders,
thanks for the info. Currently, i have 2gb installed. However, when i
checked monitor>system resources>memory statistics, cache buffer memory
does not go below 80% for the whole day. Does that mean I already have
more than enough memory as of now? Or am i looking at the wrong area?
thanks,
sean

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/6/2011 3:06:02 PM
thanks simon,
really appreciate you going all through this to help me. i'll try this
out.

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/6/2011 3:06:02 PM
Van sean,
> Hi Anders,
> thanks for the info. Currently, i have 2gb installed. However, when i
> checked monitor>system resources>memory statistics, cache buffer memory
> does not go below 80% for the whole day. Does that mean I already have
> more than enough memory as of now? Or am i looking at the wrong area?
> thanks,
> sean

Cache buffer memory is a bad metric these days. Are your volumes NSS or
TFS?

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/6/2011 6:27:41 PM
AndersG;2112081 Wrote:
> Van sean,
> > Hi Anders,
> > thanks for the info. Currently, i have 2gb installed. However, when
> > checked monitor>system resources>memory statistics, cache buffer
> memory
> > does not go below 80% for the whole day. Does that mean I already
> have
> > more than enough memory as of now? Or am i looking at the wrong
> area?
> > thanks,
> > sean
>
> Cache buffer memory is a bad metric these days. Are your volumes NSS
> or
> TFS?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

Ooops, i dont understand those terms. is there a way for me to know? As
long as installation goes, i stuck mostly with the defaults.

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/7/2011 3:36:02 AM
Van sean,
> Ooops, i dont understand those terms. is there a way for me to know? As
> long as installation goes, i stuck mostly with the defaults.

Type VOLUMES and paste the output here.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/7/2011 5:38:39 AM
Here it is:

Mounted Volumes           Name  Spaces                  Flags
SYS                             DOS, LONG                      Cp Sa

1 volume mounted

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/7/2011 6:36:02 AM
Van sean,
> Mounted Volumes           Name  Spaces                  Flags
> SYS                             DOS, LONG                      Cp Sa

OK, that is a TFS volume so the cache stats are somewhat of a guidance.
What worries me though is that you have only one volume?

You should keep SYS for the server and then put user files on another
volume, say VOL1. How large a disk is this?

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/7/2011 7:41:37 AM
So, how were you able to tell that it's TFS? Does this mean i have more
than enough of memory?
Yes only 1 volume where the program being accessed by all users
reside.
What do you mean by user files? and what's the purpose of creating
another volume for that?
Our harddisk is 320GB

--
van_sean
van_sean's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=110107
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=439615

0
van
6/7/2011 8:36:01 AM
Van sean,
> So, how were you able to tell that it's TFS? Does this mean i have more
> than enough of memory?
> Yes only 1 volume where the program being accessed by all users
> reside.
> What do you mean by user files? and what's the purpose of creating
> another volume for that?
> Our harddisk is 320GB

You have a number of issues, let's take the volume type first. Here is an
example of a server:

Mounted Volumes               Name Spaces                       Flags
  SYS                         DOS, MAC, NFS, LONG               NSS
  _ADMIN                      DOS, MAC, NFS, LONG               NSS P
  CACHE                       DOS, LONG
  VOL1                        DOS, MAC, NFS, LONG               NSS
  VOL2                        DOS, MAC, NFS, LONG               NSS

All volumes here are NSS, except for CACHE.

TFS is the traditional (old) file system. It is proven and reliable, but
has several disadvantages as volumes grow:

1. Memory, you need memory to handle the volume, roughly 70,196,000 bytes
2. Mount times. With a volume this size you are looking at hours in case
the server is restarted uncontrollably

The solution is NSS, but given that you run NW5, support for NSS is
somewhat outdated.

If I had installed this server, then I would have reserved 20Gb for SYS
and then created a new volume, called VOL1 for user files. The searon is
simple: If you ever were to fill up sys completely, you server will crash
and most likely trash DS beyond repair.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

netware 5x internet router installed
I just installed a DSL line into our office, and plugged it into our existing netware 5x network. I'm having sporatic restults, once a week one or two computers just can't get connected to anything (the network seems to just die). To fix i must unplug the linksys router and - re-plug. Any ideas? Here is the setup: DSL Modem Linksys Router (10.0.0.4 IP, 255.255.255.0 Subnet Mask) Linksys 16 port Switch (MDX-I on) Netware 5x Server, IP 10.0.0.1 (subnet 255.0.0.0) 5-6 computers (running Windows 98SE, and Windows XP Pro) plugged into 16 port switch, running Novell client,...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Problem installing NDS on NW5.1sp7 install
Hi, I'm installing a NW5.1 sp7 overlay. The network is time synchronised and SLP setup correctly as far as I can see. DS is clean. All machines can ping the new server as well. I browse to the context to install the server and input the admin username and password. Then it goes to installing NDS and thats all it does, sits there with the message "Intalling NDS". There are only 2 other servers in the tree and 2 partitions so it shouldn't take long to install. I don't understand as I've installed plenty of the same OS before with no probs. Any t...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Install Builder vs Borland Install Shiled Express
Does anybody have experience using these two.. I just discovered install builder comes in the pwrs directory. Is it good for Delphi/Sql anywhere application? Comments greatly appreciated.. InstallBuilder can be used to install any files and/or make any registry entries. It comes with handy 'reusable components' for SQL Anywhere but you'll have to tell it all the files/registry entries needed for Delphi. Ravindra Ramsingh wrote: > Does anybody have experience using these two.. > I just discovered install builder comes in the pwrs directory. > Is it good ...

Express Manager Installation + "prevent this installation.."
Hi there! Hope somebody can help me out here... Not sure what is going on but i downloaded SQL Express 2005 and Express Manager Installed SQL Express 2005... all fine Intall Express Manager.... not working..."The System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" - Errr, no i haven't! I got this info in the SQL Express Installation notes: 5.1.1 Reduced Privileges Privileges are reduced for the user instance functionality. For example, if you are an administrator on a computer that is running Windows, and you spawn a user instance, your priv...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Nw5.1SP3 to SP6 installed, product installed data incorrect
We applied nw5.1sp6 to our only nw5.1 sp4 server. Utilization is staying around 70 percent. It has 2 gig memory. sys is at 25 %, data is at 95 % (150 gig of 157). Users are able to use it fine although slow at times. I assume the high utilization is dur to lack of space on data vol. Upgrade to nw 6 scheduled for 1st week in November. I am looking to migrate about 95 gig of data from this server to a new existing nw6 sp3 server with dual 2.8 processors, 2 gig mem, 355 gig data storage. Looking in nwconfig - installed products list I see that it reflect the old product before s...

Can not install Visual Basic Express with WDE already installed.
I am currently using the pre-release MS download version of Web Developer Express and would like to also try the download version of Visual Basic Express. The problem is that when I try to install it I am told that Web Developer Express has to be uninstalled first. Is it possible to use these two products at the same time? Yes, all of the Express products can be installed on one machine at the same time.  They MUST all be the same version because they are dependent on the .NET Framework.  So, you must uninstall any pre-release versions of the Express products before you can ...

can not connect to NW5.0 Server after NW5.0SP6a is installed
Hello, we have installed NW5.0SP6a on a 5.0 Server. After restart nobody can connect to the server. We can open Console1 as Admin and see all Volumes, Tree etc. But we can not create anything. In "monitor" there is only 1 "not-connectet" connection. If e.g. we will install licenses the admin has no rights. Also pserver can not start because passwort(?) ist wrong. If we delete the SP6 with nwconfig then server stops after restart with a critical error. hope someone has a useful hint. greetings from germany Volker Wolpers With NW50SP6a yo...

Netware installation
I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 on Novell 5.01. Installation completes successfully and the client issues the LOAD command specifying 8M cache and the path to the database. The engine appears to start, yet when the client goes into the system console there is a notice indicating that there has been a critical error and that the database engine is being terminated. The server then hangs. Any ideas as to compatibility or issues that may be causing this to happen? Thanks in advance >I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL An...

Web resources about - NW5 on PCI express bus - novell.netware.5x.install

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

"I think every person in the United States has a right to an opinion on that, which he can express publicly ...
"And if I have an opinion, I might talk to my wife about it, but I'm not going to talk to you." Said Justice Breyer to ABC's Jonathan Karl , ...

Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin express mutual admiration - Videos - CBS News
There's a "bromance" brewing between Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Russian leader called Trump “bright and talented” ...

Jawan remanded to 7-day police custody in Howrah Express rape case
The army jawan, who was arrested in connection with the alleged gangrape of a teenager inside a compartment of Howrah-Amritsar Express, was remanded ...

FedEx Express Stores to Be Open, Deliveries to Be Made on Christmas
Some people went to bed irate on Christmas Eve, furious that FedEx did not deliver their packages in time for the holiday. Severe weather in ...

Instacart increases minimum grocery delivery fee from $3.99 to $5.99, ups Instacart Express subscription ...
Jordan Novet / VentureBeat : Instacart increases minimum grocery delivery fee from $3.99 to $5.99, ups Instacart Express subscription cost from ...

Express Scripts outlook for 2016 sends shares flying
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Express Scripts is projecting 2016 earnings that surpass Wall Street expectations, sending shares of the nation's largest pharmacy ...