Novell Storage Manager Service

How can I tell if I have this on my server. The server is Netware 5.1sp8.

I am going to be putting in a new backup device (Unitrends) and it says I
need to have Novell Storage Manager Service installed. If I dont have it
installed where can I get it to install it and are there any downsides to
having this running?

Marty

0
Marty

The documentation for 2.0 is here
http://www.novell.com/documentation/storagemanager25/pdfdoc/nsm20_edir_adminguide/nsm20_edir_adminguide.pdf
, hopefully you can see in there how to tell if it's installed - but I
highly doubt it will be. The current version 2.52 is only supported on
NW 6.5 SP7 and later.

I doubt you can buy 2.0 from Novell any more.

--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Knowledge Partner

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=419765

0
ataubman

Netware 4.X Enhanced Custom SBACKUP
Hi I am able to take backup using sback from server. I would like to know id custom backup scheduling task option works with Netware 4.x? I tried loading sbcon.nlm and sbsc.nlm to do scheduling as per a specified excecution time. I got message -Module sbcom.nlm not loaded. Please guide me how to install these missing modules. Regards Harish/India Mobile +919892300057 Harish, > I am able to take backup using sback from server. I would like to know id > custom backup scheduling task option works with Netware 4.x? > There is none in 4.x I am afraid. You may be abl...

Services For Netware v.5.02 Service Pack 2 Windows Services for Netware Service Pack 2
The Windows Services For Netware 5.02 (Service Pack 2) provides a cumulative roll up of updates and services that have been offered since the release of Windows Services For Netware 5.0. SFN SP2 offers substantial improvements to the Directory Synchronization and File Migration Utility since the initial release of the Microsoft Windows Services For Netware 5.0 software product. The Windows Services for Netware Service Pack 2 offers two updates for download: MSDSSSP2 and FPNWSP2. http://makeashorterlink.com/?V689333A5 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yours...

Install Netware services on Linux OES
Hi I have been running a Novell network in the office for many years. Server is now a NetWare 6.5 SP4 box (OES). I have also built and have in the tree an OES Linux (SLES9 SP2) box. eDir is installed on the server and both it and the NetWare box are "talking". Server is running LVMS so that NSS partitions can be installed. Server is RAID5 with hardware RAID supported natively by OES/SLES9 SLP is installed on the NetWare box. Workstations are SLED10 and Windows XP, all using the Novell client. I have printed all the documentation I can find but don't have a log...

netware 5x internet router installed
I just installed a DSL line into our office, and plugged it into our existing netware 5x network. I'm having sporatic restults, once a week one or two computers just can't get connected to anything (the network seems to just die). To fix i must unplug the linksys router and - re-plug. Any ideas? Here is the setup: DSL Modem Linksys Router (10.0.0.4 IP, 255.255.255.0 Subnet Mask) Linksys 16 port Switch (MDX-I on) Netware 5x Server, IP 10.0.0.1 (subnet 255.0.0.0) 5-6 computers (running Windows 98SE, and Windows XP Pro) plugged into 16 port switch, running Novell client,...

Re-install the Netware web services?
Hi folks, I've run into a good one here... Last fall I upgraded my NetWare 5.1 servers to NetWare 6.5. All the 'basic' services worked fine - iManager, eGuide, NORM, etc. Now that I've got some time, I'm trying to get the more 'advanced' services such as iPrint, iFolder, and Identity Manager turned on. Unfortunately, as I was getting iPrint to work, I ran across a major issue - I had upgraded web services from running with the Novonyx host to Apache. This is especially an issue with iPrint. I followed the iPrint TID to try and resolve this, but then ...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Reporting Services
I've installed Reporting Services, I have the Reporting Service working and the designer. I still don't have the Report Manager working yet. The report manager is loaded in the IIS web site. When I try to load the Home web page it says The request failed with HTTP status 404: Object Not Found. I see the page and website so I am at a loss to why this won't work. Any help?...

Netware Service Pack 5 Installation Problem
Hi All After trying eDirectory on Linux, I have installed NetWare 6 on our main server and it is brilliant compared to Windows 2003 Server with no Spyware, Malware or Viruses! I am trying to install Service Pack 5 using nwconfig in the System Console. I have placed the directory in SYS:nw6sp5 (Basically, the a folder in the root of SYS called nw6sp5). However, when I try and install it, I get this error message: 'An error occured while parsing file "SYS:\NW6SP5\BACKOUT.IPS", line 200, at or near world or symbol "@EndIncludeFIle". Error description: Can'...

Trying to install a driver in Resource Management Service
When I click the button (Add From File) to install a new driver nothing happens. I look down in the left corner of my web browser "IE 6" and see "Error on Page". Has anyone experienced this? Check out TID 10100923. This is the latest information on a problem we saw just a few weeks ago... >>> On 4/24/2006 at 7:51 AM, in message <JJ43g.6146$sd1.1430@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, <jamie@bncweb.com> wrote: > When I click the button (Add From File) to install a new driver nothing > happens. I look down in the left corner of my web browse...

Tivoli Storage Manager and Netware 6.5 SP2
Dear All, I'm new to TSM so i've got the following questions and maybe you can help me?: - We have a HP SAN (MSA1000) connected by Fibre with a 3 node Netware 6.5 SP2 cluster The TSM Agent version is 5 Release 2 Level 3.0 The TSM Server is Windows 2000 Server with Version 5, Release 2, Level 3.4 - The connection between TSM Server and Agent is 1Gb Ethernet At the moment i'm doing some restore tests. I can restore approx. 11 GB/h. Is this the max speed i can get? I'm doing this from the DSMC console with the -QUIET option. This is the dsm.opt file on the Ne...

Installing Queue Manager service on HMC 3.5 setup
Hello, I have HMC 3.5 setup created using the deployment tool. Now, I want to install the MPF Queue Manager service on the MPS engine server. Deployment tool doesn't provide any way to do so. The MPF databases are hosted on a different server than the MPS engine server. If I attempt to add the queue manager service through add/remove programs modify option, the installation fails while starting the Queue Manager service. Investigating further, I found that, its putting the dependency for mssqlservice in MPFQueueManager service. Essentially its expecting SQL service to be running on the same...

Border Manager 3.5 install on Netware 6.5
Is it possible? I am at a client site and they are upgrading to NW 6.5 but don't want to upgrade BM 3.5 because they only use the radius portion. In newer BM you can't selectively pick that out. I have tried the install on a 6.5 server, and I get a fatal error: Tree Not Initialized Yet.. Any ideas? I couldn't find any reference to that error anywhere on the novell site. It really should work. Thanks, Dale Hi, dkhird@shaw.ca wrote: > > Is it possible? No. The only BM version supported on NW6.5 is BM3.8. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Sup...

Netware 6 Server abend after Service pack 4 install
I loaded service pack 4 to a server and after the successful installation of service pack 4 the server restarted and abends error code (nmid=1001c) PLEASE HELP! Could you post the abend.log latest abend, or provide more information. What were you running before? >>> <travis@jemcomputers.com.au> 20/02/04 05:10:08 p.m. >>> >I loaded service pack 4 to a server and after the >successful installation >of service pack 4 the server restarted and abends error >code (nmid=1001c) >PLEASE HELP! Please post the *complete* entry of "Abend 1&qu...

Error installing Netware 6.5 Service Pack 2
I downloaded Netware 6.5 Service Pack 2 and extracted it. I then burned it to cd and ran nwconfig on my netware server. When trying to install off the cd I got the following error message: An error occurred while parsing file "NW65SP2:\SP\INSTALL\SILENT.ICS", line 1593, at or near word or symbol "Edit NCF_Addline". Error description: Descriptor "@EndFileset" not found. (nwconfig-6-232) SILENT.ICS appears fine and does contain an "@EndFileset" at the end of the file. If I hit enter, the installation continues and appears to run successfu...

Web resources about - Novell Storage Manager Service - novell.netware.5x.install

Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The machine, having been inspired by John von Neumann 's seminal First Draft of a Report on the EDVAC , was constructed by Maurice Wilkes and ...

SanDisk’s new wireless memory stick will eradicate smartphone storage problems
IT’S 2016 but two major smartphone issues are yet to be fixed. First of all, there’s never enough storage on most mobile devices whether they’re ...

2 tonnes of lobster stolen from N.S. storage facility
Police are on the lookout for efforts to sell over two tonnes of lobster swiped from a Cape Sable Island storage pound earlier this week.

Cupboards, nooks, window seats and pods: the art of built-in storage
Not having enough storage areas can make the most beautifully designed house inoperable.

Patriot Memory Enters PCIe Storage Market with Hellfire SSDs
Patriot Memory has been selling solid-state drives for about eight years now. To date, virtually all of Patriot’s SSDs have used the Serial ATA ...

Before & After: A Collector's Manhattan Apartment is Transformed into Storage Nirvana — Sweeten
Pin it Upper West Side homeowner Christine had a unique problem: her two-bedroom co-op was lovely, but the limited storage options there were ...

Brits acquiesce to internet surveillance but distrust data storage
UK web users are coming round to the idea of online surveillance by the government, but harbor concerns about how personal data will be stored. ...

How to get 6 months of unlimited Amazon cloud storage for free
... always brings a smile to our faces. Here's a good example: Right now for a limited time, you can get 6 months of unlimited Amazon cloud storage ...

New Year, New Storage Ideas to Get Your House in Order
Storage! Who doesn’t need storage? There are some really cool ideas for storage we can all implement into our own homes for 2016. On Facebook ...

Porter Ranch Residents Demand Closure Of Aliso Canyon Gas Storage Facility
Hundreds of Porter Ranch residents gathered this morning to demand the immediate closure of the Aliso Canyon gas storage facility the source ...