No Storage Driver Files (*.HAM or *.CDM)

Trying to install NW 5.1 server.  HD is WD 500 GB SATA.  NW install did
not recognize any drivers.  I downloaded SP8e and put the drivers on a
CD.  I then attempted to address the CD by either Z:\Storage\Drivers or
D:\Storage\Drivers.  I attempted to put the drivers on floppy as well.
I keep getting error message: "No storage driver files (*.ham or *.cdm)
or their description files *.ddi) were found at this path."  I know they
are there, how do I address them?

--
ostrowlaw

ostrowlaw

Just to be clear: you are mounting the CD drive in Dos as drive d:,
using the drivers in config.sys and autoexec.bat? If so what you are
doing should really work. Or you could simply copy them from the floppy
to the c: drive.

--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Knowledge Partner

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ataubman
6/25/2009 12:46:12 AM
Well, then maybe I don't have all the files.  What files would I need to
power a SATA drive?  I will copy them to the c:\nwserver\whatever the
name of the subdirectory is...

Thanks for our usual help.

Alan

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/25/2009 2:16:03 AM
Maybe I am approaching this wrong as I know there were changes from NW 5
to 5.1.  I took all of the drivers which were in the Storage
subdirectory under SP8e and copied them onto the C: drive.  I then tried
to access them using [F3] and referring to c:\drivers where they were
all copied.  I am assuming that when NW found these new drivers, it
would use idesata.ham as the driver.  However, when I accessed the new
drivers, it ignored them.

The default driver comes up IDECD, but NW reports that "no storage
device was detected in this system".  After pointing NW to c:\drivers,
it still comes back with IDECD as the appropriate driver, no other
options are available.

I guess I am missing something here.

ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/25/2009 2:26:05 PM
Can anyone help me here?  I read somewhere on one of these posts that
the NW 5.1 disk has a problem with Pentium 4 computers - that's what I
have.  Is this the problem and, if so, how do I get around it?  As far
as access to the drivers,  I copied the storage drivers from sp8e to my
c: drive, in a separate directly, and install keeps telling me there are
no applicable drivers.  This is getting very frustrating, but I am stuck
here.

ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/26/2009 8:46:01 PM
And you are installing from the 5.1 Sp7 overlay CD?

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/26/2009 9:27:42 PM
Sorry, I am not a saavy tech type, just an admin struggling to get ths
done.  I assume then, that that's the answer.  Could you please tell me
where to get the sp7 overlay installation disk.  I found it online but
it said it was superseded.  And, after I get the installation done wtih
the sp7 overlay disk, do I then install sp8e?

Thanks.

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/27/2009 12:26:02 PM
Ostrowlaw,
> Sorry, I am not a saavy tech type, just an admin struggling to get ths
> done.  I assume then, that that's the answer.  Could you please tell me
> where to get the sp7 overlay installation disk.  I found it online but
> it said it was superseded.  And, after I get the installation done wtih
> the sp7 overlay disk, do I then install sp8e?

Sorry, what I meant was to use a recent overlay, like SP7 or SP8. You
said "I downloaded SP8e and put the drivers on a
CD. "

I suggest you download the "NW51SP8 English-Francais Overlay CD (128bit)"
and burn a CD, then boot from it.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/27/2009 12:30:31 PM
Thanks, got much further this time.  Loaded drivers, then reports: "The
SYS Volume failed to mount".

NW chose IDECD.CDM and IDEHD.CDM.  I tried adding SATAHD.CDM but still
same problem.

What's next?

Thanks

I suggest you download the "NW51SP8 English-Francais Overlay CD
(128bit)"
and burn a CD, then boot from it.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/28/2009 2:46:01 PM
Switch to the console and see why it failed to mount.

--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ataubman
6/29/2009 12:16:02 AM
Not much help.  NSS: enabled
Version 2.98B (Build 404)
Volume SYS could not be mounted.  Some or all segments cannot be
located
Volume SYS could not be mounted.  Some or all segments cannot be
located

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/29/2009 12:56:03 PM
OK, I figured it out, it was something really simple (thoughtless of
me).  I kept running the installation program as a reinstall instead of
a new installation, so it was using the old NW5.1 files instead of the
updated sp8 files.  When I ran install as a a wholly new server, it ran
(at least up until the screen froze and I had no mouse).  So, I will
reinstall a new server and try again with another mouse driver.

Always the little things snag you, and the most obvious things that we
don't look for first.

Thanks for your help.  I have a feeling that I'll be back later.

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/29/2009 2:16:03 PM
OK, not finished yet.  The drivers all load and I get the GUI (although
the mouse doesn't work and it takes forever for the cursor to move, but
that's another issue).  After I enter the IP info (IP, Netmask & router
gateway), I get a window entitled Login Dialog, which asks for the login
name (ADMIN), the PW, tree and context.  At the bottom it states
"Server: TEMPORARY_04B4F3F9.

I entered the tree and context for the server I am trying to create,
after "attempting login", I receive an error message that "The login was
unsuccessful.  Check the password and user information and try again"

There is no PW or user needed for the Temporary server, so I think this
makes sense, but am I wrong here?  What's the next move?

Thanks.

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/30/2009 6:16:02 PM
> I entered the tree and context for the server I am trying to create,
> after "attempting login", I receive an error message that "The login was
> unsuccessful.  Check the password and user information and try again"

What spwcifically did you enter? The temporary server if you are creating
a server to be the target for a migration should be in a a separate tree,
ie TEMP_TREE, call it TEMP1 and use an O=TEMP, when asked, use "temp" as
admin password.

From what you are saying it looks as though you are trying to use the
server name and tree of an existing server.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/30/2009 6:52:20 PM
Actually, I am creating a whole new server, named SERVER1.  So, for User
I entered Admin, for PW I put my proposed PW, for Tree I put ostrowlaw1
and for context I tried ostrowlaw1 or o=ostrowlaw1

From what I gather, I am getting a screen for a migration from an
existing server.  Yes, there is another server running (server2) but I
am NOT migrating from that server (at least not yet).

Thanks

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/30/2009 7:32:42 PM
Ostrowlaw,
> Actually, I am creating a whole new server, named SERVER1.  So, for User
> I entered Admin, for PW I put my proposed PW, for Tree I put ostrowlaw1
> and for context I tried ostrowlaw1 or o=ostrowlaw1

OK. If you are creating a brand new server in a new tree, then you should
be asked for a password and user initially. I take it you did select "New
tree" and not "existing tree"?

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/30/2009 8:42:42 PM
Also, you say:

"There is no PW or user needed for the Temporary server, so I think
this makes sense, but am I wrong here?  What's the next move?"

Why would you not need a user and password? Every new tree needs an
admin and it requires a password.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
6/30/2009 8:44:42 PM
Got it, I had my server2 running, so install kept thinking I was
installing it into the same NDS.  I downed the server, restarted install
and smooth sailing.

Thanks for your help.  I'm sure I'll need it later.

Regards,
Alan

--
ostrowlaw
ostrowlaw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=16031
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=377804

0
ostrowlaw
6/30/2009 11:06:02 PM
Ostrowlaw,
> Got it, I had my server2 running, so install kept thinking I was
> installing it into the same NDS.  I downed the server, restarted install
> and smooth sailing.

Cannot understand why though, unless you at some point used a tree, server
name or IP that was in use by it. I hope that you are absolutely sure that
you have not created two separate trees with the same name or used the
same IP for two servers!

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

ideata.ham driver not found when installing netware 6.5
on Dell poweredge 2850 with 6 300 gig drives and dell powervault attached with 12 300 gig drives. tried the default load and modify Are you installing with the SP5 ISO's for this? Also, there is a later IDEATA driver you might look into: http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/index.html#Novell One other possible issue -- check to make sure the CDROM is properly jumpered as master on the IDE channel (I'm assuming the drives are in a SCSI Raid array). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

5.1 install on IBM x345 requesting storage driver *.ham
IBM X345 running RAID 5 on a 6M controller. Array configured with IBM hardware, NOS selected is "other". Boot from 5.1 install CD, create 100 MB partition. Continue with install, load ideata.ham, then asks for a storage driver (*.HAM). I am stuck here and cannot continue. I have scoured Novell and IBM for related *.ham files, but there are no storage devices connected with the exception of the array. Make sure you do the install from a NW5.1+SP7 overlay CD and not from the original NW 5.1 CD. ISO images of the overlay CDs can be found here: http://support.novel...

New Install Of NetWare 5.1 Locks Up On Install Of IDEATA.HAM
I am doing a fresh install of Netware 5.1 and am having a problem with the install locking up when it tries to install IDEATA.HAM It just sits on the Loading Driver... Please Wait screen. I am installing on a 80gig hard drive with a 2 gig boot partition. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks RHankins Your hardware might have an IDE controller that is incompatible iwth IDEATA.HAM. I suggest you try to do your install using the latest overlay CD available here: http://support.novell.com/tools/csp/csp12_nw51downloads.html -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.17.5.9) ...

Drivers seem to install but Installing iprint printer dies with 'cannot find the file specified'
I have created a New printer via imanager (2.6 with the latestes iprint plugin) I have added the drivers. When I go to the iprint web page and try to install the printer via the iprint client (4.26) the install process doen't work. I get the dialog box showing the status of the install process. It goes through the 1st step with no problem (Download the printer driver from the network) Then somewhere during the 2nd step (Read the printer driver information file) the process halts with an error window: The system cannot find the file specified Error Group: Windows Error Code:2 ...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

ODBC only driver installation files
Hi everyone - I need to distribute an application that will connect to a sybase 7 anywhere database. the database is loaded on a remote machine, so I only need to install the ODBC drivers on the client machine. BUT i don't know what is needed to be installed - Does sybase have a cab file (or similar) or a standalone ODBC only driver installation program?? thanks tony The deployment documention outlines the requirements for an ODBC client deployment. From the product CD image, you can do an install of the Network Client option only Optionally, you can setup a SI...

Adding storage driver to install
I'm trying to install NetWare 6.5 on an older server, with an AcceleRAID 250 card. Netware doesn't have a driver included, so I need the driver disk. when I press Ins to insert a new driver, and then have it search my driver disk, it shows a blank screen and says "select a driver to install:" with no drivers listed. The drivers are there on the disk. If I remove the drivers from the disk, then the install comes back and says "there are non .ham or .ddi files in the location" Is this a known issue? Maybe using the sp3 overlay cd's works. ht...

Install Builder: When installing, there is an INI file for every PBD file
After installing the PB app, I usually do not look at the directory where the app is installed. I just make sure that the app runs. Now today, I looked at the directory, and noticed that there is an INI file for every corresponding PBD file!!! Nonetheless, the app runs without problems. I have experienced this before but cannot seem to remember what I did to fix it. I do not have an INI file for every PBD file in my development environment. The INI files are not readable (except for the real INI file that I created for the EXE to read). The INI files are usually proportional i...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Server install hangs on driver file
I am loading Netware 411, I have tried 4 different NIC cards and downloaded the driver files for them from the manufaturer. Is there away around this. The server acts like it going to load the driver and it just hangs there. I have tried no network card and failed. I can't bypass this step. Is there anything else to try? Thanks <Kirk What sort of network cards? What are the driver file names? -- Barry Schnur Novell Volunteer Sysop i think in nw4 it is not critical to install the system without nic driver. you can continue without choosing the driver. while i...

netware 5x internet router installed
I just installed a DSL line into our office, and plugged it into our existing netware 5x network. I'm having sporatic restults, once a week one or two computers just can't get connected to anything (the network seems to just die). To fix i must unplug the linksys router and - re-plug. Any ideas? Here is the setup: DSL Modem Linksys Router (10.0.0.4 IP, 255.255.255.0 Subnet Mask) Linksys 16 port Switch (MDX-I on) Netware 5x Server, IP 10.0.0.1 (subnet 255.0.0.0) 5-6 computers (running Windows 98SE, and Windows XP Pro) plugged into 16 port switch, running Novell client,...

Would be useful to have option to save an install file to file rather than just accepting to instal it
Name: Steve Product: Firefox Summary: Would be useful to have option to save an install file to file rather than just accepting to instal it Comments: When a site wants to install a file on my machine Firefox very sensibly prevents this from happening automatically and warns me at the top of the window. (eg. "Firefox prevented this site (...) from asking you to install software on your computer"). It also provides button to "Allow" the installation to proceed. It would be a better if it also had a "Save to File" option. Then I could just sav...

Web resources about - No Storage Driver Files (*.HAM or *.CDM) - novell.netware.5x.install

Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The machine, having been inspired by John von Neumann 's seminal First Draft of a Report on the EDVAC , was constructed by Maurice Wilkes and ...

SanDisk’s new wireless memory stick will eradicate smartphone storage problems
IT’S 2016 but two major smartphone issues are yet to be fixed. First of all, there’s never enough storage on most mobile devices whether they’re ...

2 tonnes of lobster stolen from N.S. storage facility
Police are on the lookout for efforts to sell over two tonnes of lobster swiped from a Cape Sable Island storage pound earlier this week.

Cupboards, nooks, window seats and pods: the art of built-in storage
Not having enough storage areas can make the most beautifully designed house inoperable.

Patriot Memory Enters PCIe Storage Market with Hellfire SSDs
Patriot Memory has been selling solid-state drives for about eight years now. To date, virtually all of Patriot’s SSDs have used the Serial ATA ...

Before & After: A Collector's Manhattan Apartment is Transformed into Storage Nirvana — Sweeten
Pin it Upper West Side homeowner Christine had a unique problem: her two-bedroom co-op was lovely, but the limited storage options there were ...

Brits acquiesce to internet surveillance but distrust data storage
UK web users are coming round to the idea of online surveillance by the government, but harbor concerns about how personal data will be stored. ...

How to get 6 months of unlimited Amazon cloud storage for free
... always brings a smile to our faces. Here's a good example: Right now for a limited time, you can get 6 months of unlimited Amazon cloud storage ...

New Year, New Storage Ideas to Get Your House in Order
Storage! Who doesn’t need storage? There are some really cool ideas for storage we can all implement into our own homes for 2016. On Facebook ...

Porter Ranch Residents Demand Closure Of Aliso Canyon Gas Storage Facility
Hundreds of Porter Ranch residents gathered this morning to demand the immediate closure of the Aliso Canyon gas storage facility the source ...