New Netware 5 server

I will be transferring Netware 5 from current server to a brand new
server.  Do you have any recommendations about how large to partition
the
sys volume?  The new server will have 364G total.  Also, are you aware
of
any known issues?  Thanks, Ev

0
mevans8182

You need 4 gig Sys:

I wouldn't use more becuase it just is wasted space, or you wind up
putting
stuff into Sys: that belongs in data or user volumes.
--
Dave Lunn
NSF SysOp

0
Dave
6/25/2003 7:45:11 PM
> Thanks for the advice.

You need 4 gig Sys:

> I wouldn't use more becuase it just is wasted space, or you wind up

putting
> stuff into Sys: that belongs in data or user volumes.
> --
> Dave Lunn
> NSF SysOp
> http://support.novell.com

0
mevans8182

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Migrating NDPS from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 (New Server)
Good Afternoon - I am working on migrating NDPS currently running on a NetWare 5.1 (about to be decommissioned) server. I configured a new NetWare 6.5 server and need to move the Broker / Manager and Printers over to the new box. Can I simply load BROKER and MANAGER on the new server and then just copy the resource directory where all drivers reside? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Dariusz -- dariusz71 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe you need to have a broker and manager loaded on the new server an...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Adding a new server Netware 6.5 into an existing netware 5.1sp6 network
I want to Add a new server Netware 6.5 into an existing netware 5.1sp6 network with edirectory 85.30. What is the best method to insert this new server? Should I care about the Certificate Authority (CA) and root partition (MASTER). If not, can we just add the new netware 6.5 server into the tree and after that add a replica of the root partition on this server. Or do I have to upgrade an existing 5.1sp6 to 6.5, then insert the new 6.5 server? , > If not, can we just add the new netware 6.5 server into the tree and after > that add a replica of the...

Install new NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree
Are there any issues installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1 tree? We are presently on eDir 8.73. Tom Murray, > Are there any issues installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1 > tree? We are presently on eDir 8.73. > Yes. Run the deployment manager from the 6.5 SP2 overlay CD to prepare the tree. Then install edir8733.exe on the 6.5 server afterwards. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195 ...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 on new hardware
I am about to upgrade a single server Netware 5 installation - approx 50 users - to Netware 6.5 on new hardware. DNS and DHCP are fully configured and functional on the old server, which is running DS 7.51. As someone pointed out earlier, Novell claim: NetWare� 6.5 supports upgrades from the following: * NetWare 5.1 server with Support Pack 6 * NetWare 6.0 server with Support Pack 3 does that mean that it can't be done from NW5? There used to be some kind of across the wire migration. Would it be simpler to create and populate the new DS by hand and t...

NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server
I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly. We upgraded on our master NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, one of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on Saturday. We desperately need to get it talking again because of Groupwise, etc. I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of trying SP8. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote: >I'm hoping so...

New single server installation of Netware 6.5
I am installing a new server running Netware 6.5 for a client. In trying to avoid downtime I am installing this alongside and as a replacement for their existing Netware 5.0 server and will move the data over via a backup tape or workstation drive. Any must have beta patches or tips for a single server 6.5 installation? What has happened to CIFs? I don't see it as an installable option - though I would deselect it as a waste of time if I saw it. Regards KD Hi There are a few patches that can be found here: http://support.novell.com/filefinder/18197...

Web resources about - New Netware 5 server - novell.netware.5x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ