Netware configuration file error (0x5) on the startup device

After performing the first 2 steps of TID 10008593 to correct
Error (0x40000001) return while executing load order template, stage
1,
I still am receiving the same errors along with this new error...
Netware Configuration file error (0x5) on the startup device.
I am running nw51sp1

Any Ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Steve Cook
Affton School District

0
scook

:

> I am running nw51sp1
>
> Any Ideas would be most appreciated.

a) delete c:\nwserver\servcfg.*
b) apply NW51SP6

Joe Moore

http://just.fdisk-it.com - Coming soon:
"Migrating From NetWare Enterprise Web Server to Apache 1.3.x"

http://www.caledonia.net/sysops.html

NO EMAIL PLEASE!!!!!

0
Joseph

Error installing Netware 5.1: line 9 in netware.ils (setvar)
When it tries to mount the Install CD (loading CDINST.NLM) occurs the error: An attempt to mount cd-rom volume nw51 as a NetWare volume failed. Control will be switched to the system console screen, where you may view the error explanation (nwconfig-5-391) and then shows this error: An error ocurred while parsing file "c:\nwinst.tmp\netware.ils", line 9, at or near word or symbol "SetVar". Error description: Syntax Error. (nwconfig-5-232) The line is: SetVar true, 1 In the console, issuing a HELP SETVAR don't work, bu...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

NetWare Configuration File Transfer Cache to DOS Error: 0x4
Hi, On one of our Netware 6.5 SP2 servers I see this error: NetWare Configuration File Transfer Cache to DOS Error: 0x4 Registry rolling back to last known good registry file. Rebuilding the NetWare Kernel Load Template. NetWare Kernel Load Template being verified. NetWare Kernel Load Template verification successful. Some commands don't work (e.g. Edit, NWconfig)....

Netware Configration file transfer cache to DOS error: 0x5
Getting that error along with "Error writing FAT table on volume SYS" and "Error reading both copies of the directory". Netware 6.5sp3 DR DOS 7.02 Have replaced the raid controller to correct a problem with the accellerator. Can boot and get to dos directory but there is no chkdsk to check the partition. Is it possible to run scandisk from a DOS 6.22 boot cd to correct the dos problems? -- lcpsmark ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I doubt it, I wouldn't trust a Dos utility to fix a DRDOS partition. use t...

NetWare Configuration File Transfer Cache to DOS Error: 0x4000000C -
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C524BA.3EBB0C90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable weird error: Netware Configuration File Transfer Cache to DOS error:0x53 Registry rolling back to last known good registry file Rebuilding the Netware Kernel Load template Netware kernel load template being verified Netware Kernel Load tempalte Verification Sucessful I did a TID Search and Found: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10093794.htm However: the Servers have...

NetWare to NetWare file copy problem
Hello All, We are trying to copy files from a Netware 6.5 server (SP6) to a newer NetWare 6.5 (SP7) server. We are copying an entire volume, VOL1. The source server has a 33GB volume with about 4GB of free space. When we start the copy the disk space on the source server drops and eventually the copy stops when space on the source server runs out. The destination servers volume is 200GB, so I have no idea why the source server is running out of space. We are doing the copy from a Windows XP PC, and to me it looks like the Netware server is doing some type of caching but not ...

Error installing Netware 6.5 SP6
We get the following error when installing Netware 6.5 SP6. Several other servers with similar h/w configurations installed with NO issues. We rebooted server,and it came back up okay. We can see volumes. eDir did not get updated and is still at 8.7.3.8. Tried to restart SP install and it returns to the same error message. I have recopied SP out to server in new directory. Any guess on what we can try next? See error message below. thanks, Lin Error: An error occurred while parsing file "SYS1:SupportNWNW65SP6SPINSTALLSILENT.ICS", line 25...

ASE (Netware) to ASA (Netware) Sharing files
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. 1. How do you share files between Netware machines? 2. Is there something like ssremote.nlm? Description: We have a customer that wants to Replicate using SQL Remote between ASE on Netware and ASA on Netware. They want to use a file link for this. When you install SQL Remote for Adaptive Server Enterprise (from the SQL Anywhere Studio 6.02 CD) it does not ask you for the target platform. The message agent (ssremote) is installed as an exe. Does this mean that the message agent must run on a win32 machine? We have a customer ru...

AJAX Installation file generates an error:The system cannot open the device or file specified
I've downloaded ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 ASPAJAXEXTSetup.msi and tried to run it. After the welcome and licence agreement it displays "The system cannot open the device or file specified" and on the next pop-up it displays "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755"   Any help is appreciated.   Gulden...

An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately
Hi, Am getting the error when publish a web site. It's Working properly in Windows XP, But not working in Windows Vista. Please anybody help me to solve this problem... Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Error during Netware 6 Installation
Dear All, I am Kapil from State Bank of India. I am trying to install HP TC2110 Server. The installation Halts after creation of Boot Partition [1000 MB]. It gives an Error LOADER-4.10-6: An Exception Interrupt occured while loading the OS. Exception Number (E), (Page Fault). I have executed HP Diagnostic Tool and Update the ROM with latest Update. Pl. Help ... c_kapil@yahoo.com/kapil.c@sbi.co.in , > I am Kapil from State Bank of India. I am trying to install HP TC2110 > Server. The installation Halts after creation of Boot Partition [1000 > MB]. It gi...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

NetWare 6 Installation Error
I am in the process of installing a new NetWare 6 server in our environment and have been successful thus far. I have moved past the GUI installation script (giving the server its name, dedicating x amount of space on the disks, ip addressing, installing NDS, et al), however, during the following file copy and immediately after having achieved 100% completion of the 'process settings' I receive the following error: An error occurred while creating the W0 object. The error code is: -602. Anyone have any ides? The W0 object currently exists in our tree under the Security c...

Web resources about - Netware configuration file error (0x5) on the startup device - novell.netware.5x.install

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

MIT panel warns of challenges of hyper-networked world - management, Configuration / maintenance, IDC ...
A panel discussion held at MIT this week hailed major advances in networking technology, but warned that the challenges facing the world's information ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...