netware 5x internet router installed

I just installed a DSL line into our office, and plugged it into our
existing netware 5x network.  I'm having sporatic restults, once a week one
or two computers just can't get connected to anything (the network seems to
just die).  To fix i must unplug the linksys router and - re-plug.  Any
ideas?  Here is the setup:

DSL Modem
Linksys Router (10.0.0.4 IP, 255.255.255.0 Subnet Mask)
Linksys 16 port Switch (MDX-I on)
Netware 5x Server, IP 10.0.0.1 (subnet 255.0.0.0)

5-6 computers (running Windows 98SE, and Windows XP Pro) plugged into 16
port switch, running Novell client, set to DHCP on Linksys Router.

Does the subnet mask have to match?  Please help.  Sincere- Eric

0
info

On 6/26/2006  info@esydor.com wrote:

> Does the subnet mask have to match?

Ideally, they do. In your case, as long as you keep
the IP segment from 10.0.0.1 thru 10.0.0.254, it should
function correctly.

I don't recommend having the server with such a large
broadcast domain of 10.0.0.0/8

Your Linksys router may be suffering from a broadcast
storm with a bunch of ARP messages from workstations
starting with address

10.0.0.1 all the way thru 10.255.255.254.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

Please help!  Thanks     Would this possibly be attributing to the problems
i'm seeing (lost internet connection, and connectivity to the netware sever).

Thanks for the help

> On 6/26/2006  info@esydor.com wrote:
>
> > Does the subnet mask have to match?
>
> Ideally, they do. In your case, as long as you keep
> the IP segment from 10.0.0.1 thru 10.0.0.254, it should
> function correctly.
>
> I don't recommend having the server with such a large
> broadcast domain of 10.0.0.0/8
>
> Your Linksys router may be suffering from a broadcast
> storm with a bunch of ARP messages from workstations
> starting with address
>
> 10.0.0.1 all the way thru 10.255.255.254.
>

> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
inf
6/26/2006 11:30:39 PM
Depending on how you're binding TCP/IP .. if via BIND, then you also
specify MASK=255.255.255.0 on the same line; else if you're using inetcfg,
its in the menu screen.

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!
On 6/26/2006  inf@esydor.com wrote:

> So i should change the subnet Mask.

Yes.

>. Is there an easy way to do this on the
> Netware server?

How did you bind the IP Address in the
server ? Using INETCFG or Autoexec.ncf ?

The answer can be found by posting the
Autoexec.ncf file.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison
6/27/2006 2:45:29 PM
The server is on a Dell PowerEdge server.  All i see is a DOS prompt.  I
have typed "Config" and it spits out the IP and subnet mask.  Would i be
able to launch Windows and edit it that way?  Type "Win".  I haven't tried,
i'm not very familiar with Netware etc.

What are the chances there is windows on the server for me to edit these
settings...  I'd rather do it that way, than through DOS prompts.

Sincerely - Eric

> On 6/26/2006  inf@esydor.com wrote:
>
> > So i should change the subnet Mask.
>
> Yes.
>
> >. Is there an easy way to do this on the
> > Netware server?
>
> How did you bind the IP Address in the
> server ? Using INETCFG or Autoexec.ncf ?
>
> The answer can be found by posting the
> Autoexec.ncf file.
>

> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
inf
6/27/2006 9:51:24 PM
inf@esydor.com wrote:

> What are the chances there is windows on the server for me to edit these
> settings

dude, step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath.  There ain't no such thing as windows running on a netware server, that is why it is so stable.  You need to get a consultant in and have him/her take care of this for you.

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
On 6/27/2006  inf@esydor.com wrote:

> The server is on a Dell PowerEdge server.  All i see is a DOS prompt.

It's not a DOS prompt, it's NetWare Kernel you are running there.

> have typed "Config" and it spits out the IP and subnet mask.

Right, 'CONFIG' is an internal NetWare command.

> Would i be
> able to launch Windows and edit it that way?  Type "Win".  I haven't tried,
> i'm not very familiar with Netware etc.

If you aren't familiar with NetWare, I understand. Do you know who configured
this server for you ? I suggest you give this person a call. Making the change
I'm recommending could be really easy, but for someone without much knowledge
could be a challenge. I don't want to be responsible for breaking your network.

> What are the chances there is windows on the server for me to edit these
> settings...  I'd rather do it that way, than through DOS prompts.

Again, this is a different OS. Not DOS, Not Windows, It's NetWare.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison
6/28/2006 6:58:19 PM
Thanks for the help,  i will try to find the person who set it up.
Sincerely - Eric

> On 6/27/2006  inf@esydor.com wrote:
>
> > The server is on a Dell PowerEdge server.  All i see is a DOS prompt.
>
> It's not a DOS prompt, it's NetWare Kernel you are running there.

> > have typed "Config" and it spits out the IP and subnet mask.
>
> Right, 'CONFIG' is an internal NetWare command.
>
> > Would i be
> > able to launch Windows and edit it that way?  Type "Win".  I haven't tried,
> > i'm not very familiar with Netware etc.
>
> If you aren't familiar with NetWare, I understand. Do you know who configured
> this server for you ? I suggest you give this person a call. Making the
change
> I'm recommending could be really easy, but for someone without much knowledge
> could be a challenge. I don't want to be responsible for breaking your
network.

> > What are the chances there is windows on the server for me to edit these
> > settings...  I'd rather do it that way, than through DOS prompts.
>
> Again, this is a different OS. Not DOS, Not Windows, It's NetWare.
>

> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
inf
6/28/2006 7:46:54 PM
On 6/28/2006  inf@esydor.com wrote:

> Thanks for the help,  i will try to find the person who set it up.
> Sincerely - Eric

Good luck.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

To install or not to install?

Netware installation
I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 on Novell 5.01. Installation completes successfully and the client issues the LOAD command specifying 8M cache and the path to the database. The engine appears to start, yet when the client goes into the system console there is a notice indicating that there has been a critical error and that the database engine is being terminated. The server then hangs. Any ideas as to compatibility or issues that may be causing this to happen? Thanks in advance >I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL An...

Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg of Ram. I am using the eval CD. Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page. Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default). I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen. I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, Rick If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead. If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer su...

netware installation
I want to create a new volumne with the remaining disk space The hard drive is 70gb netware created a small partition for the op system I want to use the rest of the disk for data what is the procedure for creating this Padraic Murphy, > what is the procedure for creating this > Assuming 6.x and that the rest is free space: Use NSSMU to create a POOL, then create a volume in that POOL. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for ...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Web resources about - netware 5x internet router installed - novell.netware.5x.install

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.