Netware 5.1 -> Slow Read/Write/Seek Files

hello ...
i'm new here, please help
first sorry for my english .....

i was upgrading Netware 5.1 from old hw (Pentium IV with 256 MB memory)
to new hw (Core I3 with 2 GB DDR3 memory), Mirrored SCSI 142GB with
Adaptec SCSI card ...

the problem is: my old hw faster than my new hw :( especially in
read/write/seek command on database programs...

example:
1. some proses done in old hw in 15 minutes but in new hw got more than
45 minutes.
2. simple program to add/edit 1 database record, in old hw < 1 second,
in new hw got 5 - 10 second to finish.

the different is:
old hw only using IPX, new hw using IPX & IP (for VPN connection to
other place)

both without Support Pack, because if i installed the Support Pack, my
IP connection disconnected (can not connect).

please help
thanks

--
sevendp

sevendp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/sevendp/novell/2010-12-13_175108.jpg

--
sevendp
sevendp's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=100645

0
sevendp
12/13/2010 11:06:01 AM
Please download fconfig17.zip from the file finder at
support.novell.com. Extract Config.nlm from it and copy that to
SYS:SYSTEM .

On the console do LOAD CONFIG /jumba1se, and wait until the output file
CONFIG.TXT gets created. Please post that file here, with any public IP
addresses and RConsole passwords edited out. Thank you.
> both without Support Pack, because if i installed the Support Pack, my
> IP connection disconnected (can not connect).
Well that's a real problem and has to be fixed. My guess you be a lan
driver problem, have you tried installing it without allowing driver
update?

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=427980

0
ataubman
12/20/2010 12:06:01 AM
sevendp;2055723 Wrote:

> Both without Support Pack, because if i installed the Support Pack, my
> IP connection disconnected (can not connect).

LAN issues can cause big problems of the sort you describe.   On
MONITOR go to the LAN Drivers menu and look for error counters
incrementing.   ( Especially collisions, FCS errors, ... )  Check the
stats on he switches the server connects to, will have corresponding
errors as seen by the switch.

Patch the server, install latest LAN drivers, as ataubman suggests.

-- Bob

--
Bob Mahar -- Novell Knowledge Partner
Do you do what you do at a .EDU?  http://novell.com/ttp
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=427980

0
Bob

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

Netware 5 to Netware 5.1
I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1? Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I can download? , > Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I > can download? > Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you have less than 50 users. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially...

netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree
Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and Primary File Server later on off-hours? Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b The SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x. Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers? It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW 4.2 servers (DS 6.21). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Slow Migration to Netware 6 from Netware 5.1
The current environment is 2 Netware 5.1 Servers running SP5. I have a new server which I would like to install into the tree with Netware 6 or 6.5. My question is if I install Netware 6,6.5 on the new server will I have to immediately upgrade the others, or will the network be okay with a mixed environment. Things currently work very well and I dont want to be forced to do an upgrade on all the servers until I am ready. Thanks Brian Brian, Mixing 5.1 and 6.x is not a problem. Just make sure that the 5.x servers are appropriately patched prior to introduc...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

netware 5.0 to netware 5.1
1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1? 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I retreive it from the server? I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm looking to move to netware 5.1 Thanks Eric -- xd5916 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact Novell and s...

Slow Backup and File Copy NetWare 6.5 SP2 & 5.1 SP7 Servers
Not sure where to start with this one. Two Servers running fine on internal network, one NW 6.5 SP2 and one NW 5.1 SP7, they have been moved to our DMZ and ever since they are giving problem with response times. IP Address's have been changed and they are working fine with Timesync and Partition Sync is fine. Backups and file copies are taken up to 250% longer then they did before. Have checked as much of the configuration as I can think of at this time, but nothing is jumping out at me, I can connect to the servers and ping them. Any ideas on things to check would be ...

Installing one Netware 4.2 in a Netware 5.1 enviroment
We have to install a Netware 4.2 server in a Netware 5.1 SP6 enviroment with NDS Version 85.30 (Twenty 5.1 Servers). We also so have three Netware 6 servers with eDir 8.6.2 Can we do this? If so what patches and problems should we expect? BM Yes, you can do this. Apply SP9 after installing 4.2, then the latest DS update, v6.21. You can get them here: http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/nw4sp9.exe http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/ds621.exe Look for other patches you might want/need here: http://support.novell.com/filef...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I currently have 2 netware 5.1 servers and want to upgrade to netware 6.5. The Netware 5.1 servers are running NDS 7.47. Should I upgrade to edir on the netware 5.1 servers before the migration, if so what are the steps, as I read the update on the netware 5.1 download section that said that the edir update cannot be applied to a 5.1 server running NDS 7.x or can I use NDS 7.47 on the 5.1 server during the migration process? Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated...

Web resources about - Netware 5.1 -> Slow Read/Write/Seek Files - novell.netware.5x.install

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 2:06:15 PM