Migration path from Netwre 5 to NOES

Is there still available from Novell tools and services to permit
migration from Netare 5 to NOES without having to redo the directory
from scratch?

--
gschreck

gschreck

On 22/07/2011 14:26, gschreck wrote:

> Is there still available from Novell tools and services to permit
> migration from Netare 5 to NOES without having to redo the directory
> from scratch?

Yes, OES2 SP3 includes a Migration Tool (miggui).

See the Administration Guide @
http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/mig_tools_lx/data/bookinfo.html#bookinfo
for more information.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
7/22/2011 1:52:24 PM
Hi Simon,

Thank you for the response.  I am still on Netware 5.  Can I still get
a package to get from from 5 to 5.1 SP8 in order to do the migration?

George

smflood;2123262 Wrote:
> On 22/07/2011 14:26, gschreck wrote:
>
> > Is there still available from Novell tools and services to permit
> > migration from Netare 5 to NOES without having to redo the directory
> > from scratch?
>
> Yes, OES2 SP3 includes a Migration Tool (miggui).
>
> See the Administration Guide @
> 'Novell Doc: OES 2 SP3: Migration Tool Administration Guide - OES 2
> SP3: Migration Tool Administration Guide'
> (http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/mig_tools_lx/data/bookinfo.html#bookinfo)
> for more information.
>
> HTH.
> --
> Simon
> Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

> Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or
> school?
> If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
> Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.

gschreck
gschreck's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=112922
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=442260

0
gschreck
7/22/2011 4:26:02 PM
You might try to upgrade your server using the NetWare 5.1 SP8 overlay CD
and run it with the demo licence that is included on the NetWare 5.1 CD.
Then you can properly migrate the server to OES2.
You can find a netWare 5.1 SP8 installation CD image here:

http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=AxxR2NB8i5g~

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums

Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 migration
I was reading on the migration pdf file about migrating from Netware 5 to Netware 6.5 and one section states that the minimum requirement is Netware 5.0 and another section states Netware 5.1 with service pack 6. Along with different NDS versions and edir versions being supported. This migation would be an across the wire migration to new hardware. Any concrete minimum requirements would be great to have before an upgrade is done! Thanks the migration wizard 8 supports a nw5.0 to nw6.5 migration. http://www.novell.com/documentation/migwiz80/nmw_80/data/bswlrly.html ...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

Migration from 5.5.04 to 5.5.05 on Netware
Hi! Could I run into trouble in the following scenario: We have an app that uses 5.5.04. The server used to be 5.5.04, too. Now the client has updated Netware to version 5 and the server crashes. I've been told to upgrade to 5.5.05 EBF. Question: Are there any known problems using an app with 5.5.04 on a Netware server with 5.5.05? Regards, Heinz You must get an EBF from Tech Support to run 5.5.04 on Netware 5. Or you could save yourself the trouble and just download 5.5.05 which will run on Netware 5 without any EBF. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX Sybas...

Netware 5.x to Netware 6.5 migration
I have a few questions in regards to migrating Netware 5.x to Netware 6.5 server. I have 2 servers, one running 5.1 the other running 5.0, I want to consolidate those two servers into one new Netware 6.5 server on new hardware. I know I must run the migration wizard for the one server, but do I have to run the migration wizard twice, i.e. on both 5.x servers, or can I simply migrate one server and copy the data from the other server without migrating the nds objects? Also, the data on one server is to much to do a migration wizard over the weekend, slow data transfer, so can I mig...

Migration from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
I am install new hardware and new netware. The old server is running NW5.0 and the new one will be running NW 6.5. Is ther an easy way to move users and data from the old server to the new one. I know that I will not be able to move the printer and will have to set all of them on the new server. We have about 800 users on the old server. I think the current Server Consolidation and Migration tool supports a 5.0 source. If not, you may need to get the earlier 6.5 Migration Wizard -- it is available in the cool tools area. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connectio...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 migration
My corporation recently acquired a company with a single Netware 5.0 server. We have already installed a new Netware 6.5 server at their location that is part of our global eDirectory tree. Their old NW 5.0 server is on its own indepentent tree. What is the best method to migrate their users, groups, data, trustees, and printers to our global tree. We have already created a container for them in our global tree. I looked at the SCMT tool from Novell but I think it is designed to migrate/upgrade servers that are in the same tree. Any suggestions besides a manual creation of user...

Migration from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 #2
If I use Novell's migration utility to migrate froma Netware 5.0 server to a new Netware 6.5 server will it just copy everything or will it move it? I would like to know if everything does not go correctly will I still be able to use my Netware 5.0 server? , > If I use Novell's migration utility to migrate froma Netware 5.0 server > to a new Netware 6.5 server will it just copy everything or will it move > it? I would like to know if everything does not go correctly will I > still be able to use my Netware 5.0 server? Copy. Please see the migration wizar...

Migrating Netware 6.5 servers into a Netware 5 tree
We are currently running 4 Netware 5.0 servers with DS 7.58 installed. We want to migrate these servers over to newer servers that have Netware 6.5 freshly installed. We were wanting to do this one server at a time. What do we need to do to our existing tree in order to bring our Netware 6.5 servers over into the tree? Download the NW65sp1a overlay ISO and burn it to a cd (There are several CDs in the SP1a set). Run NWDeploy.exe from the root of the OS CD. THis will prepare the tree for your first NW6.5 server. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts...

Migrating Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 Clustered...
Hello everybody. I have a Netware 5.1 server with 150 GB of data on SYS:. We final system is a two-node Netware 6.5 cluster with 36 GB SYS:-volume local in each server (HP DL360) and a MSA1000 with 1.5 TB of data. Since the local nodes can't "hold" the 150 GB of data, I had to get the MSA1000 into action. To do that, I needed to install the two nodes in a temporary tree and install the cluster software, which all works fine. But: If using Novell Migration Wizard, my destination isn't any of the nodes, but the virtual disk-system and I can't get this t...

eDirectory version + migrating from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
Hi, I planned on migrating from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5 My edirectory version is 8.6.2 (DS 10330.03) I saw that one of the requirements is to have at least eDir 8.6.2 installed. So my question is : Do I have to upgrade my netware 5.1 servers to eDir 8.7.3.2 to ensure the upgrade to work well? Regards, Maurice TADANG , > So my question is : Do I have to upgrade my netware 5.1 servers to eDir > 8.7.3.2 to ensure the upgrade to work well? > No. 8.6.2 SP4 should suffice. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-for...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Web resources about - Migration path from Netwre 5 to NOES - novell.netware.5x.install

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bacterium in Otzi the Iceman's stomach provides human migration clues
An insight into the peopling of Europe has emerged from an unlikely source: the stomach contents of a 5300-year-old body pulled from a thawing ...

Danger ahead: migration, climate top risks for Davos leaders
But China's turbulent markets, a tumbling oil price and Middle East tensions are likely to dominate corridor conversations at the World Economic ...

Sydney Festival review: The Migration's brilliance undermined by flawed sound
Australian jazz made a welcome return to Sydney Festival with the premiere of Stu Hunter's new suite.

Is Apple really building an iOS to Android migration tool?
Apple is rumored to be working on a tool that will make it easier for iOS users to migrate to Android, following pressure from major European ...

"Massive rubbish dumps and sprawling landfills have led some birds to give up on migration."
"Instead of flying thousands of miles in search of food, they make the waste sites their winter feeding grounds." “For the birds it is a very ...

Austrian Bank Shuts Down Account of Anti-Mass Migration Group
Major Austrian bank Erste Bank has shut down the account of the Austrian Identitarian movement according to a press release from the activist ...

Amazing Arial Drone Footage of Reindeer Migration
Submitted by: (via Caters TV ) Tagged: reindeer , migration , drones , Video Share on Facebook

Apple iOS 9.3 download and the mystery of Android migration
The Apple iOS 9.3 download is now available (a beta, natch). Richi rounds up the interesting features, but also ponders the rumor that Cupertino ...

Ötzi the Iceman's Gut Bacteria Can Help Us Trace Early Human Migration
... A multidisciplinary team of scientists at European Academy of Bozen have studied Ötzi’s gut bacteria to learn more about early human migration ...