migrating to a new server

I am bringing up a new box and want to migrate everything from my old

server (Novell 5.1) to the new one. I will be using the migration
wizard.
To do the migration I need to install Novell 5.1 on the new server. Do
use the server license diskette from the old server? If not how do I
get a
temporary key so that I can start the migration.

Frank

0
frank_tucker

The old license is the one.  You install the user licenses after.
--
Dave Lunn
NSF SysOp

0
Dave
6/26/2003 8:40:43 PM
> The old license is the one.  You install the user licenses after.
> --
> Dave Lunn
> NSF SysOp
> http://support.novell.com

I have NDPS running on the old server. Will all of the NDPS migrate
over
to the new server correctly, when I am using themigration wizard?

0
frank_tucker
6/27/2003 3:00:58 PM
Yes, it should.
--
Dave Lunn
NSF SysOp

0
Dave
6/27/2003 6:58:16 PM
> The old license is the one.  You install the user licenses after.
> --
> Dave Lunn
> NSF SysOp
> http://support.novell.com

The License diskette I have as well as the CD is for a 5.1 Upgrade.
Can
install a basic 5.1 on my new sever using the Upgrade CD and License
or do
I need to intall the prvious version of Novell.  Also I am not able to

read the license diskette from Windows, does this mean that the
diskette
is bad? If it is bad, how do I get a replacement?

0
frank_tucker