Latest version of eDirectory that works w/ NW 5.0 SP6

I've been assigned a NW 5.0 SP6 server that supports a departmental DOS
application that the users like. What's the latest version of eDirectory
8.? that works w/ NW 5.0 SP6? Where can I download the installation file
to upgrade NDS?

Thanks kindly.

Andr´┐Ż
The OC, SoCal, USA.

--
jazzkeys

jazzkeys

On 08/07/2011 01:36, jazzkeys wrote:

> I've been assigned a NW 5.0 SP6 server that supports a departmental DOS
> application that the users like. What's the latest version of eDirectory
> 8.? that works w/ NW 5.0 SP6? Where can I download the installation file
> to upgrade NDS?

Since NetWare 5.0 SP6 is no longer supported by Novell the later
versions of eDirectory are not supported (and have not been tested) by
Novell on this version of NetWare.

Is there a particular reason you are asking?

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
7/8/2011 11:07:46 AM
I forget which major version comes with NW 5.0 , but the answer is
whatever the latest update (minor version) to that is.
'NOVELL: Patch Finder'
(http://download.novell.com/patch/finder/#familyId=112&productId=&dateRange=&startDate=&endDate=&priority=&distribution=&architecture=&keywords=)

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=441601

0
ataubman
7/11/2011 1:06:02 AM
I think the last version supported on 5.0 was eDirectory 8.5, but I don't
know if it can be found for downloading somewhere.

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums
smflood;2119985 Wrote:
> On 08/07/2011 01:36, jazzkeys wrote:
>
> > I've been assigned a NW 5.0 SP6 server that supports a departmental
> DOS
> > application that the users like. What's the latest version of
> eDirectory
> > 8.? that works w/ NW 5.0 SP6? Where can I download the installation
> file
> > to upgrade NDS?
>
> Since NetWare 5.0 SP6 is no longer supported by Novell the later
> versions of eDirectory are not supported (and have not been tested) by
> Novell on this version of NetWare.
>
> Is there a particular reason you are asking?
>
> HTH.
> --
> Simon

Thanx for your reply, Simon.

This NW server will soon be migrated to Win2K3, SP2, and the boss wants
the latest version. Microsoft has published some kinda document about
the migration, and that procedure will be used.

--
jazzkeys
jazzkeys's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85347
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=441601

0
jazzkeys

Netware 5.0 sp6.0a to Netware 6.5 sp6.0 migration
When verifying my migration project the Novell Migration Wizart version 8.1.5 I get the following error. File 'SYS:INSTALL' on BHS_SERVER was not found. --- Error caused by a NetWare API error --- Network error: Path invalid (Error code: 0X899c Function Name: NWGetEffectiveRightsExt) I have gone through all of the pre-migration steps and everything checks out fine up until this poing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- roberteleejr Check the following document on general migration recommendations; http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Migration_W...

latest browser release 1.5.0.5. does not work. 1.5.0.4. works fine
Name: bill foster Product: Firefox Summary: latest browser release 1.5.0.5. does not work. 1.5.0.4. works fine Comments: your latest update has in my opinion a problem. but first your updater does not ask if you wish to update it automatically downloads and installs. i do not like this approach. i should be given the option to choose and there should be a 'return to previous version' option. the latest version installs and after reopening it cannot find the mozilla site (or any others) stating the site cannot be found with an option to try again. Browser Details: ...

Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4
<HTML> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp; Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Stacy Zacher <BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML> Stacy Zacher wrote: > > Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software > for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or > 5.5.0.4? ...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 eDirectory failed during eDirectory migration
Hello, Does anyone have a recommendation for fixing a failed eDirectory Acrross the wire migration? The file migration went fine, the backup of trustess went fine. During the eDirectory migration when it downed the source server and tried to finish up with the destination server it did not complete. It told me to copy the autoexec.mig to autoexec.ncg if it did not complete. It also had some other files to copy over as well, but I don't know what they are. Help In what state server stays? Can you get it up and running that you could run commands like dsrepair? I run i...

migration from same netware version (5.0 to 5.0)
Hi Are netware migration wizard 6 still available for download? for migration of to a new server with same version of netware(5.0 to 5.0), besides the migration wizard, is there anyway without using the migration wizard? Tried using ver6.5 migration wizard, but it doesn't allow migration of same netware version migration. Thanks. kim ...

Installation of thunderbird Version 2.0.0.5 (20070716) doen't work
Name: Rainer Kleber Email: rkatmusic-tividotde Product: Thunderbird Summary: Installation of thunderbird Version 2.0.0.5 (20070716) doen't work Comments: Hello, I am running thunderbird Version 2.0.0.5 (20070716). I already tried it 3 times to update to the offered thunderbir 2.0.0.6. Every time it failed; thunderbird was not running after updating and gave infos like: MozMapo32.dll ist missing or things like that. So I do not update my thunderbird this time!!!! R. Kleber Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) ...

migration from same netware version (5.0 to 5.0) #2
Hi Are netware migration wizard 6 still available for download? for migration of to a new server with same version of netware(5.0 to 5.0), besides the migration wizard, is there anyway without using the migration wizard? Tried using ver6.5 migration wizard, but it doesn't allow migration of same netware version migration. Thanks. kim , > , is there anyway without using the migration > wizard? > Portlock Storage Manager for example. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aala...

OES NW 6.5 SP3 install into NW 6.0 eDirectory 8.6.2 Tree
I will be installing OES Netware 6.5 SP3 into an existing 8.6.2 eDirectory tree on a NW 6.0 server. Documentation I have read via NWDEPLOY, etc. says 8.6.x is the minimum you can install NW 6.5 into. I will also be installing Identity Manager shortly after, which I read requires eDirectory 8.7.3 or above. Should I install NW 6.5, which has eDirectory 8.7.3 already and migrate over to it from my old servers, If that's even possible? Or, should I upgrade eDirectory running on the NW 6.0 servers to 8.7.3 and then install? Also, What is the best version of eDirectory to ...

Netware 5.0 SBS with GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 with GW 6.5
I am assisting a client with a migration from NW 5.0 w/ GW 5.5 to new server hardware (will be replacing the old server) running NW 6.5 with GW 6.5 via the 7.1 Migration Wizzard. I am still a little unsure of the best migration path. I planned on migrating straight from NW 5 and GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 and GW 6.5. However, other people indicate that it is not a clean migration. Furthermore, the documentation states that I will have to re-install GW6.5 to update the NLMs on the Target after the migration. Won't this overwright my information store? Perhaps I am supposed to m...

eDirectory version + migrating from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
Hi, I planned on migrating from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5 My edirectory version is 8.6.2 (DS 10330.03) I saw that one of the requirements is to have at least eDir 8.6.2 installed. So my question is : Do I have to upgrade my netware 5.1 servers to eDir 8.7.3.2 to ensure the upgrade to work well? Regards, Maurice TADANG , > So my question is : Do I have to upgrade my netware 5.1 servers to eDir > 8.7.3.2 to ensure the upgrade to work well? > No. 8.6.2 SP4 should suffice. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-for...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

NW 5.0 Hang after SP6 install
Hello, I just updated the NW 5.0 to SP6a. Upon restart the console1 graphic comes up and it freezes. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Brad , > Upon restart the console1 graphic comes up and it freezes. Any > suggestions? > Start server.exe with -na, that will bypass autoexec.ncf, then type in commands from autoexec until you find the one that breaks. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may...

Web resources about - Latest version of eDirectory that works w/ NW 5.0 SP6 - novell.netware.5x.install

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. eDirectory ...

Edit Overview - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this company. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Town of Richmond Hill - Visitor
Business - Visitor - Text Only - Contact Us Services A To Z Accessibility Arenas Assessment Rolls Birth Registration Budget Building Inspections ...

HTML5
HTML5

Baytown Chamber of Commerce
The Baytown Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization and is owned and operated by local business leaders who work to promote business ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Sitemap - Capitalhead.com
Sitemap for Capitalhead.com - Contractors to the World

Google Apps Migration, Migrate to Google Apps : Cloud Sherpas
We're the Google Apps migration experts and can help you migrate to Google Apps from any on-premise system such as Exchange, Lotus and GroupWise. ...

Course Catalogue
Course Catalogue

Fijilive RSS Feeds - Gateway to Fiji, Fiji News, Fiji eDirectory, Fiji Magic, Fiji Real Estate, Fiji ...
Discover Fijilive with RSS Fijilive is now accessible via RSS. As a Fijilive user you can now access Fijilive services on your desktop with ...