Installing one Netware 4.2 in a Netware 5.1 enviroment

We have to install a Netware 4.2 server in a Netware 5.1 SP6
enviroment
with NDS Version 85.30 (Twenty 5.1 Servers).  We also so have three
Netware 6 servers with eDir 8.6.2

Can we do this?
If so what patches and problems should we expect?

BM

0
martinw

Yes, you can do this.  Apply SP9 after installing 4.2, then the latest

DS update, v6.21.  You can get them here:

http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/nw4sp9.exe
http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/ds621.exe

Look for other patches you might want/need here:

http://support.novell.com/filefinder/6971/index.html
--

-Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp]

0
Barry
1/7/2004 5:52:42 PM
>Thanks Barry, you are a great help.

0
martinw
1/7/2004 9:14:40 PM
For any one else who needs to install a Netware 4.2 server in a
updated
Netware 5.1 and 6 enviroment consult TID 10021298.  The TID expalins
that
you should install the Netware 4.2 server in it's own separate Tree.

Patch the 4.2 server with all of the latest patches exspecially SP9
and DS
patches.  After the 4.2 server has been completely patched, remove DS
and
reinstall DS and instert the 4.2 server in the tree.

I want to thank the Novell Support Forum for all of it's help.

Bill

0
martinw
1/9/2004 1:40:58 PM
Glad to be of help, and that you got it working!