Install NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree?

Are there any issues with installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare
5.1 tree. We are presently on eDir 8.73.

0
Tom

You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1
servers?

--
Barry Schnur
Novell Volunteer Sysop

"Barry Schnur" <barry@home.com> wrote in message
> You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1
> servers?
>
> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Volunteer Sysop

0
Tom
1/13/2005 8:25:45 PM
OK -- SP6 should be fine here for the 6.5 server.

--
Barry Schnur
Novell Volunteer Sysop

Also download the SP2 overlay CD as it will install SP2 at the same
time.

I also suggest you install eDIr 8.7.3 ir3 as it fixes 2 memory leaks.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Novell Support Forum Volunteer Sysop

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing a NetWare 6.5 server into an all 5.1 tree
We are considering installing a NetWare 6.5 server into one of our remote sites. All of our other servers are currently 5.1. I know it is not an issue to put the 6.5 server into our environment, but NetWare Customer Service told me that it is suggested that the master replica be put onto the 6.5 server. We don't want to do that since this is a remote site, and we really don't want to upgrade our existing master replica server at this time. Would we be able to "get away with" installing just a partition replica onto the 6.5 server and maintain the Master Repl...

Install new NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree
Are there any issues installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1 tree? We are presently on eDir 8.73. Tom Murray, > Are there any issues installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1 > tree? We are presently on eDir 8.73. > Yes. Run the deployment manager from the 6.5 SP2 overlay CD to prepare the tree. Then install edir8733.exe on the 6.5 server afterwards. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195 ...

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 5.1 tree
Any "gotchas" to this or is it just like adding a server to an existing Tree? Can be done. I recommend the following as minimums: 1 - NW5.1sp8 with post sp8 patches 2 - eDir upgraded to 8.7.3.x 3 - Use the NW65sp4a overlay CDs at a minimum 4 - run NWDeploy from the NW65OS CD to prepare the tree for the first NW65 server -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop "I want to live like there is no tomorrow I want to dance like no one's around I want to sing like nobody's listening I want to give like I have plenty I want to love like I'm not a...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Install Netware 6.5 into a 5.1 tree enviroment
I want to install Netware 6.5 into a brand new server into a Netware 5.1 enviroment. NDS is 8.85c and Service Pack 7. My main reason of doing this is that Groupwise is on 5.1 which I'll upgrade also and I will be migrating the post office from 5.1 server to 6.5 server then I'll migrate the users data. Maybe there's a better way, I don't know? Will I have issue's doing this? Has anybody have any tips or thoughts on this. Thanks JC You can install the 65 server into the tree once you prep the tree. This is done by running the NWDeploy utility from the OS CD...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Installing 6.5 into Netware 5 sp 5 tree
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES into an existing Netware 5 Tree. = DS is up to version 7.62c on all existing NW5 servers (Three of them). = Service pack level is NW5SP5 on all existing servers. This is the = first 6.5 server to go in. Ran deployment manager before install and it = still hangs in the same spot. The server object installs into the tree = and that is it. If I go into NW...

Web resources about - Install NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree? - novell.netware.5x.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Apple’s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Dell Helpfully Installs Yet Another Gaping Security Hole On Some Laptops
That big fat “Superfish”-style security hole in Dell laptops that we told you about yesterday ? Turns out, it’s not alone. There’s another basically ...