cant install novell netware because of ktc40.lan

i can't because every time i install it gives me a error that says "The
following drivers instance failed to load and will be deleted". its
every file in the "ktc40.lan driver. After the error it tells me if i
want to return back to the summary screen. i press no and tells me "No
network board drivers has been selected."

what do i do now?

im running virtual pc 4 for mac on a imac g3.(i know dont tell me its
old cuz i know! :) ).

--
anthonycastro

anthonycastro

On 22/12/2010 03:06, anthonycastro wrote:

> i can't because every time i install it gives me a error that says "The
> following drivers instance failed to load and will be deleted". its
> every file in the "ktc40.lan driver. After the error it tells me if i
> want to return back to the summary screen. i press no and tells me "No
> network board drivers has been selected."
>
> what do i do now?
>

> im running virtual pc 4 for mac on a imac g3.(i know dont tell me its
> old cuz i know! :) ).

I'm guessing, since you've posted your question in a NetWare 5x support
forum that you're trying to install NetWare 5.0 or 5.1?

If so, is there a particular reason you're using such an old version of
NetWare and not NetWare 6.5?  This is the latest and last version of
NetWare.

KTC40.LAN would appear to be a driver for Kingston NICs so NetWare
thinks that is what Virtual PC is emulating.

What version of Mac OS are you running?
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
12/22/2010 10:57:15 AM
Thinks for the reply. Im running mac os 9.1. I am also trying to install
Novell netware on Virtual Pc 4 for mac os 9.

So your telling me that i have to get new driver or how can i fix it?

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672

0
anthonycastro
12/22/2010 2:36:02 PM
Thinks for the reply. Im running mac os 9.1. I am also trying to install
Novell netware 5.1 on Virtual Pc 4 for mac os 9.

On 22/12/2010 14:36, anthonycastro wrote:

> Thinks for the reply. Im running mac os 9.1. I am also trying to install
> Novell netware 5.1 on Virtual Pc 4 for mac os 9.

The problem here is that all the software in the above combination are
out-of-date and no longer supported.

Is there a particular reason you're trying to install NetWare 5.1 rather
than 6.5?

> So your telling me that i have to get new driver or how can i fix it?

Do you have another, working virtual machine installed under Virtual PC
on the Mac?  It doesn't have to be NetWare but something that will tell
us what the emulated network card is so we can try and work out which
LAN driver to use for NetWare.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
Simon
12/22/2010 2:48:35 PM
well the reason im running 5.1 instead 6.5 is because im use to working
on 5.1.

i tried it on another virtual machine but its the same thing. :(

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/22/2010 5:36:02 PM
Anthonycastro,
> well the reason im running 5.1 instead 6.5 is because im use to working
> on 5.1.

Then I suggest you use VMWare. The 1.x and 2.x server versions are free
and 1.x at least support NW 5.1

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/22/2010 9:03:11 PM
AndersG;2059135 Wrote:
> Then I suggest you use VMWare. The 1.x and 2.x server versions are free
> and 1.x at least support NW 5.1

They're using a Mac so the only possible VMware product is Fusion but
that requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later and they have Mac OS 9.1 ...

--

smflood's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=617
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
smflood
12/22/2010 10:36:01 PM
anthonycastro;2059071 Wrote:
> well the reason im running 5.1 instead 6.5 is because im use to working
> on 5.1.

By and large NetWare is NetWare, or at least the basics are the same
(and they both have eDirectory).

anthonycastro;2059071 Wrote:
> i tried it on another virtual machine but its the same thing. :(

So do you have another virtual machine that is not NetWare, perhaps one
with Windows installed?  If so, what network card does that virtual
machine have and which driver (the filename) is it using?

--

smflood;2059158 Wrote:
> By and large NetWare is NetWare, or at least the basics are the same
> (and they both have eDirectory).
>

> So do you have another virtual machine that is not NetWare, perhaps one
> with Windows installed?  If so, what network card does that virtual
> machine have and which driver (the filename) is it using?

well i dont have windows install but i can install windows 98 to find
out.
But instaed of installing windows, how can i find out what card or
"virtual card" i have?

sorry for my bad spelling! :)

--

smflood;2059158 Wrote:
> By and large NetWare is NetWare, or at least the basics are the same
> (and they both have eDirectory).
>

> So do you have another virtual machine that is not NetWare, perhaps one
> with Windows installed?  If so, what network card does that virtual
> machine have and which driver (the filename) is it using?

the card that is being "Emulated" is a "intel 21041 based Ethernet
Controller".

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/23/2010 9:06:02 PM
Try loading ce100b.lan

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
ataubman
12/23/2010 10:36:01 PM
ataubman;2059412 Wrote:
> Try loading ce100b.lan

but how?

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/23/2010 11:06:02 PM
Switch to the command console with ALT-ESC and there type:

LOAD CE100B.lan

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
ataubman
12/23/2010 11:36:02 PM
ataubman;2059429 Wrote:
> Switch to the command console with ALT-ESC and there type:
>
> LOAD CE100B.lan

i tried it but it tells me "UNKNOWN COMMAND"

What now?

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/24/2010 1:36:02 AM
Anthonycastro,
> i tried it but it tells me "UNKNOWN COMMAND"
>
> What now?

Copy the file? You *are* using the latest 5.1 Overlay media, right?

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/24/2010 10:14:27 AM
AndersG;2059456 Wrote:
> Anthonycastro,
> > i tried it but it tells me "UNKNOWN COMMAND"
> >
> > What now?
>
> Copy the file? You *are* using the latest 5.1 Overlay media, right?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

No. I'm using the install cd.

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/24/2010 3:06:01 PM
Anthonycastro,
> No. I'm using the install cd.

If you by that mean the original one, then you must realise that it is
very old and lack several drivers. You will be much better off with the
latest 5.1 Overlay CD from www.novell.com/download:

http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=AxxR2NB8i5g~

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/24/2010 3:23:32 PM
AndersG;2059484 Wrote:
> Anthonycastro,
> > No. I'm using the install cd.
> >
> If you by that mean the original one, then you must realise that it is
> very old and lack several drivers. You will be much better off with
> the
> latest 5.1 Overlay CD from www.novell.com/download:
>
> 'NOVELL: Downloads - NW51SP8 English-Deutsch Overlay CD (128bit)'
> (http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=AxxR2NB8i5g~)
>

> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

I still have the same problem.

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/24/2010 8:06:01 PM
Anthonycastro,
> I still have the same problem.

No CE100b? Try downloading it from here:
http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro100sserv/sb/cs-008445.htm

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/24/2010 8:34:33 PM
AndersG;2059525 Wrote:
> Anthonycastro,
> > I still have the same problem.
> >
> No CE100b? Try downloading it from here:
> 'Intel� PRO/100 S Server Adapter — NetWare* Server & Client
> installation notes'
> (http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro100sserv/sb/cs-008445.htm)
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

there's no download link.

sorry if i don't get this.

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/24/2010 9:06:02 PM
Anthonycastro,
> there's no download link.

You do not expect me to do *all* your work, do you? :)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=4160&keyword=%22CE100b%22&lang=eng

That being said, I am just providing heklpful pointers. I have no direct experiecne with your particular setup. But I have customers for whom I support 5.1 virtualised under VMWare.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/25/2010 3:36:02 PM
Anthonycastro,
> Sorry man, I'm new to this Netware stuff. I'm not to familiar with
> > Novell and Netware.

Np. Thet being said, running an old version on a relatively odd
virtualisation platform does not help either :)

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/25/2010 6:06:02 PM
Anthonycastro,
> > still trying the driver by the way.
> >
> > I'll post back if it works or not.

Please do!

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/25/2010 6:36:01 PM
AndersG;2059551 Wrote:

> Please do!
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
> The  Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> [url]http://www.novell.com/rms rms rms url]

sorry man i did every it told me but some of the steps on there told me
to do stuff that did not appear on my screen! i think im doing something
wrong. Remember im kind of new to this stuff. :)

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/26/2010 3:36:01 AM
Anthonycastro,
> sorry man i did every it told me but some of the steps on there told me
> to do stuff that did not appear on my screen! i think im doing something
> wrong. Remember im kind of new to this stuff. :)

OK. I am going by what Simon says here, ie intel 21041, Andrew suggested
ce100b.lan which is for an INTEL PRO/100.

The step-by-step install is here:
http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro100sserv/sb/cs-0084
45.htm?wapkw=ALL(ce100b-lan)

The link I provided earlier was wrong, try:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=13334&lang=
eng&wapkw=ALL(ce100b-lan)

and download ANSNWARE.EXE, run it and it will create C:\Intel12.0. Go to
C:\Intel12.0\PRO100\NWSERVER and copy ce100b.lan and .ldi to  c:\nwserver
on your VM. Boot NW, there you type LOAD C:\NWSERVER\CE100.LAN

It should either simply load or ask for slot etc.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/26/2010 8:52:07 AM
AndersG;2059593 Wrote:
> Anthonycastro,
> > sorry man i did every it told me but some of the steps on there told
> me
> > to do stuff that did not appear on my screen! i think im doing
> something
> > wrong. Remember im kind of new to this stuff. :)
> >
> OK. I am going by what Simon says here, ie intel 21041, Andrew
> suggested
> ce100b.lan which is for an INTEL PRO/100.
>
> The step-by-step install is here:
> http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro100sserv/sb/cs-0084
> 45.htm?wapkw=ALL(ce100b-lan)
>
> The link I provided earlier was wrong, try:
> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=13334&lang=
> eng&wapkw=ALL(ce100b-lan)
>
> and download ANSNWARE.EXE, run it and it will create C:\Intel12.0. Go
> C:\Intel12.0\PRO100\NWSERVER and copy ce100b.lan and .ldi to
> c:\nwserver
> on your VM. Boot NW, there you type LOAD C:\NWSERVER\CE100.LAN
>
> It should either simply load or ask for slot etc.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

How am i going to put it in the "C:" Driver if i don't have windows
installed?

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/26/2010 4:36:02 PM
Anthonycastro,
> How am i going to put it in the "C:" Driver if i don't have windows
> installed?

NetWare uses DOS as a boot loader. When you install NW 5.1 it will
create a DOS partition. Ie if you stop the boot process it will put you
at C:\

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/26/2010 7:26:38 PM
Ie, we are talking about the virtual machine you have created through
Virtual PC, not the host machine.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/26/2010 9:46:03 PM
AndersG;2059593 Wrote:
> Anthonycastro,
> > sorry man i did every it told me but some of the steps on there told
> me
> > to do stuff that did not appear on my screen! i think im doing
> something
> > wrong. Remember im kind of new to this stuff. :)
> >
> OK. I am going by what Simon says here, ie intel 21041, Andrew
> suggested
> ce100b.lan which is for an INTEL PRO/100.
>
> The step-by-step install is here:
> http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro100sserv/sb/cs-0084
> 45.htm?wapkw=ALL(ce100b-lan)
>
> The link I provided earlier was wrong, try:
> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=13334&lang=
> eng&wapkw=ALL(ce100b-lan)
>
> and download ANSNWARE.EXE, run it and it will create C:\Intel12.0. Go
> C:\Intel12.0\PRO100\NWSERVER and copy ce100b.lan and .ldi to
> c:\nwserver
> on your VM. Boot NW, there you type LOAD C:\NWSERVER\CE100.LAN
>
> It should either simply load or ask for slot etc.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

one more question, how do i download it? i been putting it on a cd-rom
then putting it in my imac that *Will* run netware.

i that how i am suposet to download it if i only have dos?

Again sorry if i don't get this! :)

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/27/2010 8:36:02 PM
Anthonycastro,
> one more question, how do i download it?

You need to download it, extract and then transfer to your
DOS-partition in the VM. Through an USB stick, floppy or CD.

Or take the SP8 ISO and add the files to a suitable directory you
create, using your favourite ISO editor, then burn a new CD (or mount
the ISO directly if possible)

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
12/28/2010 9:58:39 AM
AndersG;2059838 Wrote:
> Anthonycastro,
> > one more question, how do i download it?
> >
> You need to download it, extract and then transfer to your
> DOS-partition in the VM. Through an USB stick, floppy or CD.
>
> Or take the SP8 ISO and add the files to a suitable directory you
> create, using your favourite ISO editor, then burn a new CD (or mount
> the ISO directly if possible)
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

sorry for the late. Thinks for helping me. the drivers worked.

again sorry for the late reply.

--
anthonycastro
anthonycastro's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=85672
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=428665

0
anthonycastro
12/30/2010 10:06:02 PM
Anthonycastro,
> sorry for the late. Thinks for helping me. the drivers worked.

You are very welcome and glad you got it sorted at last!

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg of Ram. I am using the eval CD. Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page. Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default). I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen. I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, Rick If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead. If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer su...

netware installation
I want to create a new volumne with the remaining disk space The hard drive is 70gb netware created a small partition for the op system I want to use the rest of the disk for data what is the procedure for creating this Padraic Murphy, > what is the procedure for creating this > Assuming 6.x and that the rest is free space: Use NSSMU to create a POOL, then create a volume in that POOL. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for ...

To install or not to install?

netware 5x internet router installed
I just installed a DSL line into our office, and plugged it into our existing netware 5x network. I'm having sporatic restults, once a week one or two computers just can't get connected to anything (the network seems to just die). To fix i must unplug the linksys router and - re-plug. Any ideas? Here is the setup: DSL Modem Linksys Router (10.0.0.4 IP, 255.255.255.0 Subnet Mask) Linksys 16 port Switch (MDX-I on) Netware 5x Server, IP 10.0.0.1 (subnet 255.0.0.0) 5-6 computers (running Windows 98SE, and Windows XP Pro) plugged into 16 port switch, running Novell client,...

Netware installation
I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 on Novell 5.01. Installation completes successfully and the client issues the LOAD command specifying 8M cache and the path to the database. The engine appears to start, yet when the client goes into the system console there is a notice indicating that there has been a critical error and that the database engine is being terminated. The server then hangs. Any ideas as to compatibility or issues that may be causing this to happen? Thanks in advance >I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL An...

Installing one Netware 4.2 in a Netware 5.1 enviroment
We have to install a Netware 4.2 server in a Netware 5.1 SP6 enviroment with NDS Version 85.30 (Twenty 5.1 Servers). We also so have three Netware 6 servers with eDir 8.6.2 Can we do this? If so what patches and problems should we expect? BM Yes, you can do this. Apply SP9 after installing 4.2, then the latest DS update, v6.21. You can get them here: http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/nw4sp9.exe http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/ds621.exe Look for other patches you might want/need here: http://support.novell.com/filef...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Web resources about - cant install novell netware because of ktc40.lan - novell.netware.5x.install

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Apple’s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...

MLB Recommends All 30 Stadiums Install Additional Safety Netting
... too many baseball fans got seriously hurt by line-drive foul balls last season, which reignited the debate over whether stadiums should install ...