How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business

We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search
order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to
make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is
the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change
also?

Thanks!

Q.Z
0
qzhou
2/2/2005 9:09:03 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides
a search order if you have your own DNS?

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Netware 5 and Netware 5 small business
Can Netware 5 and a Netware 5 small business coexist on same network and use same nds etc? And what if I need to purchase the Netware 5, is it a problem upgrading the nw 5 small business server? Thanks Tim > Can Netware 5 and a Netware 5 small business coexist on same network > and use same nds etc? And what if I need to purchase the Netware 5, is > it a problem upgrading the nw 5 small business server? > Fair question -- I don't think they can use the same OU -- they certainly don't use the same licenses. You can purchase NetWare 5.0 -- discontinued. ...

DDNS
--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:29 -0500" We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES = 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames = to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my = TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys = to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see...

Trouble configuring DNS/DHCP Netware 6.5
I have some experience with 3.1X and 4.x Novell Netware using IPX. Recently I tried installing Netware 6.5 and tried to use DNS/DHCP. I read as much documentation as I could including what was supplied on the install CDs. Novell works great when I assign an IP at the workstation. But No success even configuring DNS/DHCP. e.g. doesn�t like IP address range with a mask of 255.255.255.0??? This is a very simple installation with only one server doing all the work for 50+ workstations and printers. No external connection to anything outside the office. 0=TOP, server name = S...

W2K3 server DNS/Netware 5.1 DHCP
Can anyone tell me if (and how to configure) Novell DHCP (5.1) can dynamically update a Windows 2003 Server DNS? I can get the WinXPpro clients to update to the W2K3 server, but I will have to go to each machine and type in the domain suffix (since they are not member of the ms domain) as well as configuring them to register that connection in DNS. Jeff As a sidenote...I think my answer lays in DHCP option 15...but it is not listed under the other options tab in DNSDHCP managment . Jeff "jeff4379" <jeff4379@news.postalias> wrote in message news:206Tc.2...

New DNS servers need to change Netware servers.
I need to know where to chage the DNS server ip address's that was loaded at install time because our internet provider has changed DNS servers on us. The place for primar and Secondary DNS servers. > I need to know where to chage the DNS server ip address's that was loaded > at install time because our internet provider has changed DNS servers on > us. The place for primar and Secondary DNS servers. load INETCFG at the server console-->Protocols-->TCP/IP-->DNS Resolver configuration jvaz, > load INETCFG at the server console-->Protocols-->...

DNS-Server from NW6.5 on Netware 5.1
We wanted to start the new dns-Server from Netware 6.5 SP7 on a netware 5.1. By Starting the program named.nlm we become a message: Server_5.00-710 error reading message file or Server_5.00-4095 unable to load the message/help support files is it possible to start this module on a netware 5.1-Server? thanks for our help -- Cgreiner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Officially, runnign named.nlm from NW 6.5 SP7 on a 5.1 server is of course not supported. However from the error messages you get, it simply looks like you didn...

Import DNS Zone from Netware 5.1 SP6 to Netware 6.5
Can I import a DNS Zone from a Netware 5.1 SP6 Server to Netware 6.5 SP1 ? Please see my reply to your earlier post, and in the future please do not post essentially the same question more than once. Thanks, bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

Migrating NDPS from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 (New Server)
Good Afternoon - I am working on migrating NDPS currently running on a NetWare 5.1 (about to be decommissioned) server. I configured a new NetWare 6.5 server and need to move the Broker / Manager and Printers over to the new box. Can I simply load BROKER and MANAGER on the new server and then just copy the resource directory where all drivers reside? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Dariusz -- dariusz71 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe you need to have a broker and manager loaded on the new server an...

Netware Small Business 6.5 migration from Small Business 5.0
Im looking for any comments about migrating a Novel Small Business Server 5.0 SP 6a to new hardware and a new OS of Novell Small Business Server 6.5. You should be able to do this with the Migration Wizard 6.5 tool. Questions though -- how much data, how many users? -- Barry Schnur Novell Volunteer Sysop I have been trying to use this tool, but Im getting this error on the destination server migration log file. The file name is MIGERROR.txt 0xfffeffbd NWSMListTSAs Another thing that is interesting. The migration utility error log dispays the following in the conten...

Migrating DHCP from NetWare 5.1 to Netware 6.5 OES server
Yes...we still have some legacy NetWare 5.1 servers in production. Hard not to admire servers that haven't been rebooted in years :) That said - we're migrating and consolidating these remaining "vintage" NetWare boxes to virtual 6.5 OES servers. Is there a TID or defined procedure for performing this migration? Just one tree. The legacy 5.1 servers are on a subnet (VLAN) that we're abandoning - with the virtual servers being on a new VLAN. With multiple VLANs - we're using a dhcp helper in our core switch configuration - so we'll have to update ...

GlobalNames DNS zone and NetWare DNS servers
We have a mix of NetWare 6.5 and Windows Server 2008 DNS servers. There is a forwarding zone in Novell that points to the Windows DNS servers for the DNS zone abc.xyz.local. Most workstations are configured for the DNS zone named xyz, so when they attempt to resolve a host name, they append xyz (i.e. webserver.xyz). Novell is primary for the xyz zone, and the workstations point to Novell, so it resolves properly. A few workstations are domain-joined, so they append abc.xyz.local (the AD domain name), turning webserver into webserver.abc.xyz.local. They also point to NetWare DNS, wh...

Netware DNS compatibility with other secondary DNS servers
I have a problem where the primary DNS information for a domain is on a Netware 6 server. The secondary is hosted by an ISP. When I look at the SOA information on the ISP, the serial number is always 0, the refresh is always the number that the matches the serial, the retry is the refresh number and so forth. Has anybody seen this? I've done this type of thing a couple times in the past and have searched here and other places and can't seem to find that anybody else has seen this....anybody have any ideas? Just wondering, why is an ISP hosting your secon...

Web resources about - How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Configure Custom Brightness Levels For When Your iPhone Is Plugged In With This Jailbreak Tweak
It’s already possible to configure a custom brightness level for iDevices when un plugged, but now a new jailbreak tweak (called “BrightnessPlug”) ...

Configure - Apple
With top-of-the-line Intel processors, HD graphics, and ultrafast Thunderbolt ports, MacBook Pro does more than ever. Faster than ever.

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Install OS X Server and Configure Xcode Server
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features. To run Xcode Server, you must first install and configure OS ...

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

Official: It's time to configure your 2014 Porsche Cayman
Filed under: Car Buying , LA Auto Show , Coupe , Performance , Porsche , Luxury With its configurator gone live, you can spend some time getting ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...