File in use / is there a tool /

When a file (exe) on a netware server is opened by several users  is there a
tool which can change the lock (in use) on theserver to copy another version
of the program or delete it

0
dziebowski
1/19/2006 10:43:17 AM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

if a file is help open, the only way to release the file locks is to
release the file locks.  that can be done by having the users release
the file lock or by clearing their connection (e.g., in MONITOR).

--
Cheers!
    Richard Beels

0
Richard
1/19/2006 6:22:04 PM
But if we clear connection, the client automticallly reconnect !!!
And for asking the user, the problem is that thera are a lot of uses, not in
the same place and not allways in front of tehir computer
Thanks for the answer
"Richard Beels [SysOp]" <beels@technologist.com> a �crit dans le message de

> if a file is help open, the only way to release the file locks is to
> release the file locks.  that can be done by having the users release
> the file lock or by clearing their connection (e.g., in MONITOR).
>

> --
> Cheers!
>     Richard Beels
>     ~ Network Consultant
>     ~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
>     ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS

0
dziebowski
1/20/2006 8:06:11 AM
disable logins at the console
clear all the users
do the file coodoo you need to do
enable logins

--
Cheers!
    Richard Beels
    ~ Network Consultant
    ~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
    ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS

0
Richard

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

How to upload a file using input(file) tool
Hello Guys, I would like to know that how to upload a file using the input(file) tool. I mean i need the code for that..I have placed that tool in the page..Now how to attach and upload that file to the server... Please help me!!!!!!! Pramod   Check this out! http://authors.aspalliance.com/das/tutorial/fileupload.aspx Hi Pramod! Below is a very simple example of one way to do it: if (FileUploadControl.HasFile) { FileUploadControl.SaveAs(@"C:\PathToAPhysicalDirectory\" + FileUploadControl.FileName); } Make sure you have the right permissions set on the target directory. A...

What admin tools do I use.
Hello, The last time that I administered Novell servers, it was a little while back.. At that time, I used NWadmin32 to do most of my admin processes etc, Console1 was very limited, and I hardly used it for anything. I am now administering NW 6.5 servers, what are the admin tools that I should be using? I know that Console1 is being used for creating users etc.. But I am hearing about imanager. What admin tools should I be using for what services? Are there any other admin tools that I should be using? In the end, what administration tools would I use fo...

tools to use before using ffmpeg in order to remove errors from uploaded files
hi,can somebody pls guide me about the tools that i can use before using ffmpeg in order to remove the errors of the files so that they can be converted into flv format using ffmpeg without any problem.thanks,harry ...

Error when trying to use website admin tool using .net 3.5
When I use either the icon or the website menu to get to the configuration tool - it simply never shows up. the localhost for my site starts(as tho i had pressed debug), and then another localhost starts for the web config. Neither of these starts trigger a browser to open. if I click the localhost and go to them manually, the page functions fine, and the config reports "An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again." Also of interest, I use Firebug (a javascript plugin for firefox) and noted this error being thrown : [Exception... "'Abor...

Where are the tools. Sql tools that is.
I just installed sql 2005 standard.  I got a legal copy of an iso for registered students from an msdn academic program (Yes!).  WHen I run setup it says disk 1 of 2 in the corner.  I have mine on one DVD and am never prompted for disk II during install.   I used the 'run sql natve client install wizard' and then installed 'server components, tools, books online and samples.' I've been using sql express at work with no problem.  I thought the process would be similar, install .net, sql and then mm studio for sql.  But I haven't...

DST Tool or No Tool?
Ok, Every download link I try and hit for the tool to adjust Daylight Savings time junk is broken. Is there a tool available right now or not? Thanks! The tool is available, but Novell's login process for downloading files seems to have problems today. Currently however the download seems to be working again: http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=carEGqApMKo~ -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums That is the link I've been trying to hit. get a NoSuchBuildException on it. Does this mean a new build is coming out? Or should I be looking s...

read pdf document and show in html file using asp.net codebehind code with out using tools
    Hi,   how can i read pdf document and display data in html page using asp.net code with out using tools i mean using using only code behind   thanks and regards chandrasekhar Hi,  You can configure your Web browser to open PDF files either in the browser window or in a separate Adobe Acrobat window. To configure the browser, you must have Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader installed. Adobe Acrobat 5.0-6.0, Adobe Reader 6.0, and Acrobat Reader 5.x include ActiveX plug-in files that allow you to use Internet Explorer (IE) or America Online (AOL) to view PDF fi...

I would like the Tool Bar back that has the File, Edit, Tools, etc...
Name: Debi Schweighardt Email: dsabidinatwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I would like the Tool Bar back that has the File, Edit, Tools, etc... Comments: If I would have known updating would eliminate the abilities to not print e-mails I need to I would not have updated. If there was a way to keep this and I missed it could you please let me know how to get it back. It probably is the only app I really need. Hopefully getting one is not too difficult either I am not that pc literate. Thank you! Debi Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Tool used to Change File Ownership?
Hi! Does anybody know if there is a userfriendly and simple replacement for the old Command Promt tool "Filer.exe" to change Ownership om files & folders? On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:56:43 +0000, pul.adm wrote: > Does anybody know if there is a userfriendly and simple replacement for > the old Command Promt tool "Filer.exe" to change Ownership om files & > folders? "flag file.bat /name=user" causes file.bat to be owned by user. I think flag.exe comes with every version of netware from 4.11-6.5 - Peder Peder, > I think fl...

using the Tools>Read mail and Tools>New message commands
Name: Stephane Valladier Email: chamroueye_at_hotmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: using the Tools>Read mail and Tools>New message commands Comments: May be someone has already suggested it. I think it would be good if one was able to access a particular program when trying to use these commands. I mean : when I use these commands, Firefox opens Microsoft Outlook. But I don't use Outlook. I write/send email with web accounts (like hotmail, or university mail systems). So what would be good, I think, is to be able to go say in the Tools>Options menu and here...

When to Use VHD File Recovery Tool [Edit]
If you are dealing with the crises of loosing vhd data and could not get over it, Then I recommend you, VHD recovery tool, which involves repairing damaged vhd files and recovering all the data that has been lost in the any crises . For more details visit http://www.en.virtualdiskrecovery.com/ Edited by: Jam Smith on Nov 21, 2014 12:18 PM Edited by: Jam Smith on Nov 21, 2014 12:18 PM Edited by: Jam Smith on Nov 21, 2014 12:19 PM Jam Smith wrote: > If you are dealing with the crises of loosing vhd data and could not > get over it, Then I recommend you, VHD recovery too...

Web resources about - File in use / is there a tool / - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Trump laps Republican field in latest 2016 poll
American billionaire Donald Trump, the dominant Republican no one can stop talking about heading into the 2016 presidential election, is leaving ...

‘Stalked By My Doctor’: Lifetime’s Thriller Movie Stars Eric Roberts And Brianna Joy Chomer, There’s ...
Stalked By My Doctor is a thrilling new movie, starring Eric Roberts, that will play out on Lifetime Television this weekend. It is most likely ...

TV News Roundup: Donald Trump’s New Years Eve, ‘The Simpsons’ Christmas Marathon
“The Simpsons” are coming to your TV this holiday season, plus Donald Trump is making a television appearance on New Years Eve. Also, Reese Witherspoon ...

Tracy Morgan Truck Driver Indicted in Fatal 2014 Crash
The truck driver responsible for crashing into the limousine Tracy Morgan was riding in during June 2014 was indicted by a grand jury on Wednesday ...

Top 10 games on Apple TV
Are you guys ready for NowGaming videos? It’s a new video series where we talk about, wait for it… GAMES! Playing games on the Apple TV is a ...

Happy Holidays: Not PC Enough?
In the ongoing debate about wishing someone “Happy Holidays” vs wishing them “Merry Christmas,” The Blaze reports that Professor Terri Susan ...

Um, How Did Teresa Giudice's Husband Afford This Brand New Lexus?
Teresa Giudice/Jew-Dee-Chay is home from her 15 months in federal prison. In addition to her husband, four daughters and private spray tan session, ...

Miss Colombia Is Being Offered $1 Million to Do Porn
Since the Miss Universe pageant didn’t exactly work out in Miss Colombia’s favor, porn giant Vivid Entertainment wants her to consider a career ...

Several Arrests Made Amid Black Lives Matter Protests
The mall protest aimed to bring awareness to a deadly police shooting.

Google to take on Slack and Facebook with new AI-powered chat, says report
The Wall Street Journal recently reported that Google is building an AI-powered chatbot. If successful, it could help Google regain users lost ...