Error message I do not understand

Time to time I get this message on my server:

"Received an unexpected decline packet identifying address
XXX.XXX.XX.XXX
or the address failed a ping test."

Can anyone tell me what this means? It's always the same IP address and
it's never logged in.

0
Chucky
2/7/2005 8:30:29 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Chucky,
> "Received an unexpected decline packet identifying address
> XXX.XXX.XX.XXX
> or the address failed a ping test."
>
> Can anyone tell me what this means? It's always the same IP address and
> it's never logged in.

That means that the DHCP server is going to hand out an IP address, but
first checks if it is already there by pinging. It gets a reply and hence
knows the address is already taken.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders

How to understand this message on an error ??
ZCMagent 10.3.3 XP_SP3 Always see this errors: .... BUNDLE.UnknownExceptionOccurred: An Unknown exception occurred trying to process task: System.TypeInitializationException: ????????????? ???? "Novell.Zenworks.MDStatus.StatusLibrary" ????? ??????????. ---> Novell.Zenworks.Cache.Sqlite.SqliteException: Sqlite Error: 14 .... How and what repair ?? Serg -- skoltogyan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Skoltogyan, Does TID 7009494 help? -- Shaun Pond No... All Bundles have number > 2 !! -...

Looking for error message documentation for CORBA error message
I am getting the error message: Error: CORBA System Exception: CORBA_BAD_OPERATION at line ...and can not seem to find any documentation on what changed or where to look. In the past when I have had the CORBA System Exceptions there is something logged in the svr.log but now I am getting nothing but the activate and deactivate entries. Thanks for the help. Scott Swafford BAD_OPERATION normally means you called a method that is not legal. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "Scott Swafford" <sdswaffo@maplewoodsoftware> wrote in message news:yXYkE...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

error message from tool add-in
When trying to add in a tool through the tool organizer, I am getting this message "no new add-ins were found" The dll exsists but I can't get past this error message. any help available ???...

Cannot understand dbping error message
Am using dbping -c "dsn=testdsn" -d -z in a batch file and checking the errorlevel if everything was OK. This job is run every 15 mins. It has happened in few instances the dbping returns errorlevel 1 with following error output <<<<< Connected to ASA Engine version 9.0.2.3137 Connected to the server, attempting to connect to a running database... Database is running, but could not connect to it Client disconnected >>>>> Any idea what this means ? Checked the database server console logs / dblogs and could not find anything abnormal on the...

Netware message popup error
Has anyone had a pop up error message on their window workstation when they come in that says: 11-16-2004 12:08:33 am: SERVER-5.0-1929 [nmID=30016] Connection 263, User NOT_LOGGED_IN attempted a remote console function without sufficient privileges. Every now and again I get these errors in the middle of the night and have not been able to pinpoint it. It's almost as if there's a virus or something trying to use the not_logged_in connection to make an rcon session... It's netware5.1 sp5 (yes I know sp5...i just started here and they have no intenti...

Admin Edit Messages error
It seems I can not save any messages. I get: " SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 51 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 51 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process. ...

FWD: Re: proliferation of error messages, sample of error messages
John, Here is a representative sample of the error output. Most of it has to do with DBI. But then it will generate a whole bunch of purely perl error messages about undefined variables, etc. However, while it is doing all of this, the application appears to be doing exactly what it is supposed to do! [Fri May 04 07:52:24 2007] [error] [client 63.92.219.234] <- dbd_st_execute 0 rows, referer: http://pin51.ucdavis.edu/EnterSample.pl? Login=tjmajcherek [Fri May 04 07:52:24 2007] [error] [client 63.92.219.234] <- execute, referer: http://pin51.ucdav...

map tool error message
--____ZHYUYPTTANSFLBZKSNUS____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When opening the maptool, I am receiving a=20 winsock error message 10110 - unknown error any ideas Thanks --____ZHYUYPTTANSFLBZKSNUS____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____ENTUAALXGSCJWBRZCDJK____" --____ENTUAALXGSCJWBRZCDJK____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <M...

Netware Security Error Message
I continue to experience login problems on several machines. I am running client4.83sp3 on Micron PCs. Two days ago, we have a replica problem on our Novell 5.0 sever. The problem was fixed. Now some machines can log back into the network and some are still locked out. The error message is: 0xFFFFFD5F. I can log into one of my machines with my login info but on another machine I will get the above error code. I'm lost as to what to do next to get my machines back onto the network. Any suggestions????? Thanks 0xFFFFFD5F (-673, REPLICA NOT ON) implies that at least one of the repl...

Understanding 504 Error message
--------------020009050604090304020507 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When sending mail to a specific user I get the error message "Response: 504 DNS verification of sending machine failed: no mail will be accepted" Go to the knowledge base and find TID 10055382 It says "The MX record had the incorrect "Name=' in the "Answer Section" and "Additional Records Section." "Correct the MX record "Name=' in the "Answer Section" and "Additional ...

Netware Admin System Error
I am recieving the following when I try to get rights information for a user. Just set up NWAdmin on a WinXP PC environment. Worked on my Win2000 PC. How do I fix? 0x899D 157 NWE_DIRHANDLE_NO_MORE: No more directory handles available; the directory handle table is full. Each user may have up to 255 directory handles. What version of Novell Client ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Trying to Understand An Error Message
Hello, I have Perl/CGI script that work fine but for the fact that it logs a message in the error log file. The message is: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at... Despite the message, the script does what it is supposed to do. I would like to know if this message is a harmless message or is it something that needs to be investigated and found a solution for? Thanks. Akbar Ehsan Internet Services Coordinator Central Office Ivy Tech Community College 9301 E. 59th St. Indianapolis, IN 46216 Phone: 1 317 921-4872 ----- Original Message ----- F...

Web Admin TOOL Error
Hello, I need some help creating a new user, when trying to create a new user I get taken to another page with the following "An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again. " I can create roles, access rules, but I can not create a new user. Thanks Please post your web.config file.Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! <?xml version="1.0"?><!-- Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual ...

Web resources about - Error message I do not understand - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Resonate Social For Facebook Helps Advertisers Understand Users’ Motivations
Why do Facebook users make the decisions they make? Resonate wants to help advertisers find out, so the digital marketing outfit launched Resonate ...

Facebook PMD Gigya releases Consumer Insights to better understand user identities
... allows marketers to easily query Gigya’s Identity Storage database and tie identity information with key performance indicators to understand ...

Genius by Rap Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news ...
Get Genius by Rap Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

All sizes - Understand Abundance & Breath - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kate Micucci & Tony Thaxton - "Puppets Understand" - YouTube
Subscribe for more Nerdist Presents: http://nerdi.st/subscribe Written and Performed by KATE MICUCCI & TONY THAXTON Watch Duo: http://youtu.be/Tj5RLliHNMQ ...

Scientists continue search to understand Mers
The Mers coronavirus continues to confound scientists. To better understand the disease and determine where it comes from, a new project set ...

Explainer Video of the Day: Author John Green Helps You Understand Boko Haram
... in the news, but the situation in Nigeria with the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram often gets overlooked and can be difficult to understand. ...

The Aussie rules love affair and one who can't understand it
Football (the AFL variety) and I have always had a tumultuous relationship. I've never really understood its allure, but it's always been there, ...

14 Accounting Terms Everyone In Small Business Needs To Understand
Like any profession, accounting has what seems to be impenetrable jargon to outsiders. But, also like most professions, the jargon is just shorthand ...

Tony Abbott doesn't understand the China challenge
The Australian government's new attitude towards China's foreign policy underestimates that country's determination to change the geopolitical ...