DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility

I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass
NDS
Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP.

I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000
workstations.  Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under
the
TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug.  The
Directory
Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value
is
displayed unless I click on the Modify button.  We are running
UNSCOPED
for the time being until we migrate to either Netware 6 or 6.5.  Can
anyone confirm this bug?

0
rleet
4/3/2003 6:07:16 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please ask in the DNS/DHCP forum.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison

DNS Suffixs in Netware DHCP server
I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the configuration? Any help would be great! Thanks Much! Mike TID 10060439 any help ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ well it answered my question, you can not use DHCP to push domain suffixs. Thanks "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0fbckkj1gipux00k@forums.novell.com... > TID 10060439 any help ? > > Cheers D...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

DHCP/DNS Question
Runnning NW 6.5 SP5 with DHCP and DNS For some reason the DHCP servers are not updating the IN-ARPA reverse lookup entries. The servers are handing out addresses correctly and doing DNS fine, EXCEPT reverse lookups are incorrect Any ideas ?? Thanks Doug Doug Roehm wrote: > Runnning NW 6.5 SP5 with DHCP and DNS > For some reason the DHCP servers are not updating the IN-ARPA reverse > lookup entries. The servers are handing out addresses correctly and > doing DNS fine, EXCEPT reverse lookups are incorrect > Any ideas ?? > Thanks > Doug Just realized im in...

DNS/DHCP question
I've got a mixed bag here with Windows AD and NDS. the Windows group insists that AD functions best with a Windows DNS, so we set up our network accordingly. my question is this. I still want to run DHCP from the NDS side. if I do that, is it necessary to also have a DNS service in the tree? I tried removing it and got messages on my DHCP console about trying to connect to the IP of the NW server that last ran DNS followed by RoconstructConnection failed, etc. and DHCP wouldn't work. I re-added the service to the DHCP server and everything seems OK. Mike O'Shea ElectriCities...

DHCP DNS Suffixes
I'm in the process of rolling out Zfd4 to all of my sites. I have one main office and 3 satellite offices. I set up "zenwsimport.braytonlaw.com" as one of the hosts in AD dns. (i use AD for dns and Netware for DHCP) Anyway, so I set up a zone called "els.braytonlaw.com" in AD DNS. I created a host called zenwsimport in there. If I ping zenwsimport.els.braytonlaw.com it resolves to the right address. If I "ping zenwsimport" it resolves to the incorrect address (zenwsimport.braytonlaw.com), for Netware DHCP under the ELS zone, I added "els.b...

DNS / DHCP Questions?
Is this the correct forum for these questions? Please advise. Thanks, Cheryl there is a specific DNS-DHCP forum, which would be a better starting point -- Shaun Pond Novell Support Connection SysOp ...

DNS Suffix in DHCP
I'm running DHCP on a Netware 5.1 Server. Is there a way to add domain name suffix option in the "Other DHCP Options" tab. Thanks Al In article <GIEle.3706$_w.3171@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Al Bens wrote: > Is there a way to add domain > name suffix option in the "Other DHCP Options" tab. > No, you can a Domain Name on the Addressing tab of the subnet, but that's all that DHCP allows for. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

DHCP/DNS question
Is there a preferred location for DHCP/DNS in a network where there is a Main FS, BM server, Backup server, and 3 other servers? I'm think place it on the server where the logins take place. Or should I split it where DHCP is on the MainFS and DNS could reside on the BM server? Thanks Jon, Please ask in the novell.support.netware.dns-dhcp forum for the best response. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hu...

DNS / DHCP Questions
Would I post these type of questions in this forum? If not, can you please direct me to the correct forum? Thanks, Cheryl List of forums available here http://support.novell.com/forums/2nw.html -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

DHCP/DNS questions
I am by no means a Netware "expert" but I have found some great help on this forum and hope someone can help me with a couple of questions. We are a small company with all resources under on roof. We are running Netware 6.5 on a Dell 700 server. For our DNS server, we have a Unix system (which I don't administer). When I set up the Netware 6.5 server I entered the DNS server's IP address and Domain Name at an early point in the installation. No problem there. We recently set up a new Unix DNS server and the IP address (of the DNS server) and Domain Name was changed. My...

DNS Suffix in DHCP
I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the configuration? Any help would be great! Thanks Mike Hi, Michael Nixon wrote: > > I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS > Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the > configuration? > > Any help would be great! I suggest you repost over in the dns-dhcp forum. You'll get much better/quicker replies there. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Produ...

DHCP/DNS console
It is an oddity. In one of my subnets at another building, if I run DNS/DHCP Console, I can see both DHCP servers in the one tree. I can also manage and edit them. If I am in the other building (separate subnet), if I run DNS/DHCP Console, it does not recognize any DHCP servers. DHCP is working in both buildings but I currently need to be in the other subnet to manage them. These trees were merged and the second DHCP server reconfigured. Servers are running NW6 SP5 patched up to current levels. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Steve D. In article <SjUNg.2618$...

DHCP add a DNS Suffix
what code in the Novell DHCP server would I use to have DHCP to give the computers a DNS Suffix Scott E. Malugin A+ Certified NetWork+ Certified Dickson County Board of Education Computer Support Voice # 615-740-5902 Fax # 615-740-5904 E-Mail : smalugin@dcbe.org On 3/16/2006 Scott Malugin wrote: > what code in the Novell DHCP server would I use to have DHCP to give the > computers a DNS Suffix Please repost in the DNS/DHCP forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Web resources about - DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

General Question
I have a Carrier furnace. It takes 20x25x5 air filters. Does it really matter what brand filter I buy?

Want to land a job at Netflix? You’ll have to answer these tough questions first
Netflix sounds like an incredibly cool place to work if you're a software engineer but they don't let just anybody come in to code for them. ...

Hillary's communications director Jen Palmieri sounded utterly terrified facing questions from George ...
Palmieri should have been perfectly prepared. She's the communications director so she should be an ace at communications. She knew the precise ...

31 tough interview questions you'll have to answer if you want to work at Netflix
New year, new job? If you want to work at Netflix, you might have to answer some hard interview questions first. Using Glassdoor's information ...

Juniper faces questions about spying code planted in software
The discovery of spying code nestled deeply in Juniper's networking equipment, the latest example of a major IT vendor caught up in an damaging ...

Ask Me Anything: Question 6
Continuing with the Ask Me Anything series , today’s question is about startup stress And here is my answer Part of reducing startup stress ...

Stevens: No question Thomas is a ‘very good scorer’
Skip to main content Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com Header links TV Listings Channel Finder Apps Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search ...

Texans Receiver Has One Very Vulgar Question For The Ref
Texans Receiver Has One Very Vulgar Question For The Ref

No Sumner Redstone Deposition Yet But Philippe Dauman Has To Answer Questions Says Judge In Health Care ...
Manuela Herzer will not be getting Sumner Redstone to face lawyers' questions over his mental capacity to make decisions about his health care ...