non-editable field shows up editable

Hi,

  I have noticed some inconsistent behavior in the PRD form fields.  When I
set a field to editable=false, this only happens some of the time.  I
haven't been able to nail-down when it works and when it doesn't.  Anyone
else seen this and know the problem?

  I have been using designer and building PRD's for about a year now and
have seen this problem throughout...
0
novacoast
12/30/2006 12:45:12 AM
novell.id-manager.userapp 4379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Novacoast,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Make id field in editable datagrid not editable.
I've got an editable datagrid that lets users add, update, and delete records. Only thing I'm having problems with is that the id field is showing up as editable as well. And I don't want this to be editable. It is an auto-identity type field in our SQL Server db. Can anyone show me how to make this not editable and also how to not let a user enter any id when adding a new record. This is a lot of code. Sorry! Thanks for any help. <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespac...

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

Edit but no edit

Validate one datagrid edit field off another edit field
ok I have a dropdownlist if the user selects Item 3 then I want to show a requiredfieldvalidator for the datefield. see your previous post. I can provide you with some sample code doing not exactly that but using one control validation based on the value of the other one. Give me a shout if you are interested Cheers Bug [MCSD] i did not think the first one went through, thanks I will look...

Datagrid Editing
Hello all... I have a Datagrid with an Edit button. User clicks it and is able to edit the row... No problems there. However, I'd like it if the datagrid only showed the row being edited when a user clicked the edit button. Anyone know a way to do this? As you know, the datagrid is a built in .net control. As far as I know, there is no way to do this with just a datagrid alone. I think you would have to have the edit button on each row in the datagrid with an onclick handler in the codebehind. This onclick would get the row position, hide the grid, post data from this row to a se...

Bookmarks Edit Dialog: "Tags Field" First Active Edit Field, *Not* the "Name Picker" Field. Can't be Changed in about:config
Name: Jimi Doe Product: Namoroka Summary: Bookmarks Edit Dialog: "Tags Field" First Active Edit Field, *Not* the "Name Picker" Field. Can't be Changed in about:config Comments: Problem --- When I want to bookmark a web page the tag field is always the first active field in the bookmark edit dialog, not the name field as it should be according to the standard behavior. If I change this via "about:config" my configuration lasts only for one bookmark. As of the second site I bookmark the configuration is reverted to "browser.bookmarks.editD...

What is with the " [Edit] [Edit] [Edit]" posts?
Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is okay. But, at least with my newsreader, Agent 6, longer threads tend to get broken into pieces, with "[Edit]" attached to the topic name. And sometimes longer threads then get [Edit] [Edit] and then [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] For example, here is a current thread: FastMM 4.96 available [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] How does this happen? Can I make them show up as one thread? Paul Doland wrote: > Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is > okay. But, at least with my...

Edit Commands do not show up when edit button pressed
I have a .aspx page I have created, and I am having problems.  I have an editable datagrid created and also a filtering drop down menu as well.  The datagrid shows up fine first, shows all the columns and the entries from the database, and has the edit button next to the entry.  When I press the edit button, the datagrid disappears and there is nothing on the page.  The page is completely blank.  If I reload the page, the data comes back, and when I hit the edit button again, it disappears again.  Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.  Here...

TEdit stop showing the edit cursor [Edit]
Hi, does anyone get this problem? I got a TEdit on the tabcontrol, a button on the top, click button will bring up another form. After I click button, back to the Tedit, click button, back to the Tedit, The tedit doesn't show the virtual keyboard any more and also not show the edit cursor. but it still response to onclick event. It's wield, what I'm doing now is to call the virtual keyboard manually in onclick event. Does anyone get same problem? Regards, Hao Edited by: hao hao on Oct 9, 2013 7:06 PM ...

VB OCX has editable fields, once dropped in PB, those editable fields disappeared
Hi there, We have a weird situation dealing with OCX created in VB. Our VB guy created this OCX with a bunch of editable fields with 3D lowered in a free form type, so we can use it in our VB and PB apps. We dropped this OCX in VB app, and it works as expected. once dropped it into PB 9.0.2 (7578), with the initial retrieved before moving the mouse, it works fine. However when moving the mouse, all editable columns disappear except the labels. If we tab over, the field with focus on, shows it as expected, but the rest of them are still gone. With the initial retrieved, if w...

currency edit? [Edit]
Newby question. I'm trying to understand which is the best compontent to use for currency... I wanted to use a tEdit, but the is near useless unless I do a lot of custom on-key press programming. I could create a data component, but I wanted to do more validation before entering into the sql server database. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm using 2009. thanks, Edited by: William Riddell on Mar 3, 2009 1:00 PM > {quote:title=William Riddell wrote:}{quote} > Newby question. I'm trying to understand which is the best compontent to use for currency... I wanted...

Show Field But Do Not Allow Editing
Is it possible to make a field "un-editable" without having to hide it using Dynamic Data?  I would like a field to be displayed to the user, but I don't want them to be able to edit it.  Is there something I can do in the Custom  Edit.aspx or Partial Class for that table? Thanks for any advice. Linq to SQL hides PK, but you can display them with  [ScaffoldColumn(true)] If you annotate the entity partial class to display the PK and edit an entity, the PK is displayed read-only.  That looks like the behavior you want. I'll find out how Dyna...

edit in formview(show text in fckeditor after click on edit)
Hi I have a formview with this code.I want to when i click on edit button,see the text in fckeditor for editing.but when i i click on edit  <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"> <EditItemTemplate> <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="FCKeditor1" runat="server" Value='<%#bind("FPdes") %>' BasePath="~/FCKeditor/" ToolbarSet="Basic"> </FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor> ...

Web resources about - non-editable field shows up editable - novell.id-manager.userapp