Error - The definition for attribute key Description is single-valued

I have one user that gets this on UserApp:

Error getting object: cn=nameofgroup,o=blah.
The definition for attribute key Description is single-valued, and
multiple values exist.

I'm not sure WHY that's coming up because:

It's supposed to take you to YOUR "My Profile" page upon login, not
lookup groups that you're a member of.

I found the offending group object and fixed it's description attribute
so that it only had one line instead of three.

But I'm puzzled as to WHY that would affect you being able to see your
profile, since it doesn't even show group membership on there.

0
m_jonis
8/20/2007 7:34:29 PM
novell.id-manager.userapp 4379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

m_jonis wrote:
> I have one user that gets this on UserApp:
>
> Error getting object: cn=nameofgroup,o=blah.
> The definition for attribute key Description is single-valued, and
> multiple values exist.
>

> I'm not sure WHY that's coming up because:
>
> It's supposed to take you to YOUR "My Profile" page upon login, not
> lookup groups that you're a member of.
>
> I found the offending group object and fixed it's description attribute
> so that it only had one line instead of three.
>
> But I'm puzzled as to WHY that would affect you being able to see your
> profile, since it doesn't even show group membership on there.

I'm sure if you turned on LDAP tracing you'd see it did a query to the
group, probably to build
up an overall picture of the users access rights.

Adam

--
Identity Concepts
Mobile  : +61 419 637 518
> m_jonis wrote:
> > I have one user that gets this on UserApp:
> >
> > Error getting object: cn=nameofgroup,o=blah.
> > The definition for attribute key Description is single-valued, and
> > multiple values exist.
> >

> > I'm not sure WHY that's coming up because:
> >
> > It's supposed to take you to YOUR "My Profile" page upon login, not
> > lookup groups that you're a member of.
> >
> > I found the offending group object and fixed it's description attribute
> > so that it only had one line instead of three.
> >
> > But I'm puzzled as to WHY that would affect you being able to see your
> > profile, since it doesn't even show group membership on there.
> >

> I'm sure if you turned on LDAP tracing you'd see it did a query to the
> group, probably to build
> up an overall picture of the users access rights.
>
> Adam

Ah, I see.  That makes sense then.  Thanks!
0
m_jonis
8/21/2007 10:10:37 PM
In article <MPG.21352d08fb05a1a1989a0a@support-forums.novell.com>,
m_jonis@hotmail.com says...
> In article <v7tyi.4082$pG6.1968@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,
> adam_j_bradley@yahoo.com says...
> > m_jonis wrote:
> > > I have one user that gets this on UserApp:
> > >
> > > Error getting object: cn=nameofgroup,o=blah.
> > > The definition for attribute key Description is single-valued, and
> > > multiple values exist.
> > >

> > > I'm not sure WHY that's coming up because:
> > >
> > > It's supposed to take you to YOUR "My Profile" page upon login, not
> > > lookup groups that you're a member of.
> > >
> > > I found the offending group object and fixed it's description attribute
> > > so that it only had one line instead of three.
> > >
> > > But I'm puzzled as to WHY that would affect you being able to see your
> > > profile, since it doesn't even show group membership on there.
> > >

> > I'm sure if you turned on LDAP tracing you'd see it did a query to the
> > group, probably to build
> > up an overall picture of the users access rights.
> >
> > Adam
> >

> Ah, I see.  That makes sense then.  Thanks!

BTW, it turned out to be a group object that had the description field
filled out with multiple carriage returns, so it was being stored as a
multi-value instead of a single value.
0
m_jonis

Multi-valued attribute to single attribute conversion
Afternoon Everyone! I have been trying to use the default rule in the AD driver to strip multi-valued attributes but for a modify operation but without any luck. I made a copy and put it in the Command Transformation. Would someone please give me asome pinters. I keep getting LDap Error 21, Invalid syntax. Error in attribute conversion operation. Here is the rule I am attempting using: <rule> <description>Convert multi-valued Telephone to single value</description> <conditions> <and> <if-operation op="equal">modify<...

no primary key value for foreign key value error in Master-Detail Dataset
Hi, We are using master detail relationship dataset but getting primary key violation error during posting the data. ------------------------------- *Project GBlWare.exe raised exception class EASANativeException with message* *[FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Sybase][SQLAnywhere]no primary key value for foreign key* ------------------------------- Our current master detail scenario is that ,we are using parameter in details dataset that reference to master dataset primary key field value. But when I add a new record at that time master dataset key value is null. So when I press tab or down ...

Query a multivalued attribute and store part of each value in a single valued string/attribute
Hello hello again, so I am trying to cook something again and obviously I am failing. I have a mutlivalued attribute in eDirectory and I need to store a part from each value into a single valued attribute. Example: Attribute A - value1: 001-I - value2: 002-D - value3: 003-M I need the I and the D and the M and store in a single valued attribute Attribute B -value: IDM I managed to query the destination user to get the attribute I want from the user ... WOHOO :-) Yet everythin after fails Here is what I cooked up: <actions> <do-set-local-variable n...

Error SINGLE VALUED ATTRIBUTE with roles in iManager
Hi, when trying to add/delete roles in iManager 2.7 it gives error SINGLE_VALUED_ATTRIBUTE, but no details for it, and changes do not apply. iManager debug log shows: 09/25/08 [10:08:10.882] ObjectAttribute.....146 com.novell.admin.ns.NamespaceException: SINGLE_VALUED_ATTRIBUTE: Unknown Base Class 09/25/08 [10:08:10.883] RoleManagementTask..991 SINGLE_VALUED_ATTRIBUTE I found this TID http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3377357&sliceId=1 But it doesn't really help. Otherwise eDir seems healthy. any ideas? -sk Sami, It appears that ...

Single Value to Multi Value attribute
Hi all I have an attribute 'source', in my eDirectory dn: cn=schema changetype: modify add: attributeTypes attributeTypes: ( source-oid NAME 'source' DESC 'to capture the source where the user or group is pulled from' SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 SINGLE-VALUE ) - I need to modify this attribute from Single valued to Multi-value attribute, - I also need to modify the name of this attribute from 'source' to 'uniqueSource' can any one please give me the exact syntax for the the above modifications ...

JUICE-Error when defining DN-Lookup for single-valued attributes
If I define an attribute in DAL being a NOT multivalued DN, the DN-Lookup shows the following error: Control Definition of JUICE.DNLookupCtrl failed (unterminated regular expression literal) Control instantiation of JUICE.DNLookupCtrl failed (JUICE.DNLookupCtrl is not a constructor) If I define the attribute as multivalued DN, the error does not appear. Thanks Rudi -------- As many others, I do not want to get my mailbox full of spam. If you want to eMail directly, use RSynoradzki at Didas in .de --____JITHUBYYIFXXAWJVTTHM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8...

Please hekp, error: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'id' Key being added: 'id'
I had that error before on FormView, I didn't find any solution, and managed to avoid that code. But now I really need a solution on this, please help. That happens when I reload page, on my page, my FormView is loaded dynamically, and that error happens on LoadControlState and LoadViewState,  in LoadControlState, it is on             if (objArray1[5] != null)            {                  Ord...

Single Quote Error While writing RegisterClientScriptBlock("key", "Value")
Hi Friends, I am facing one problem due to single quote. I am writing underwritten script to close currently opened form and to get those values in another form. ############################################################# strScript as string strscript = " <script> window.opener.document.Form1.txtAddressLocationh2.value='Factory'; window.close(); </script> " Me.RegisterClientScriptBlock("key", strScript) ############################################################# Now if i have value of "Facto'ry" instead o...

no primary key value for foerign key--error
What is the meaning of this error? How is it resolved? Jlicht wrote: > > What is the meaning of this error? How is it resolved? The error above means that you have referential integrity (RI) set up in you database and you try to insert a invalid foreign key. For RI, you always have two (or more!) tables: a master table (e.g. invoice) and a detail table (e.g. invoice item). A row in detail table is only valid, if the reference to the master table is null (as long as allowed by the field in detail table) or if the value exists in the master table. Example: CREATE TABLE Ma...

add values to multiple-valued attribute error
try add multiple values to a mulitple-valued attribute (that can be done with a GUI / LDIF).However, use following code, I get error when insert multiple values for Properties("mgrpRFC822MailMember") (but it works with only one entry)Any help is very welcome.Thx Dim de1 = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://" & ldapServerName & _            "/ou=MailGroup,dc=pcihl,dc=com", "cn=Manager,dc=pcihl,dc=com", "secret", AuthenticationTypes.ServerBind)            Dim newLstEntry As Direct...

Converting single-valued attribute to normal (multi-valued)
In order to add additional attributes to a User object I have created an Auxiliary Class. Within that class I created a single-valued numeric string with an ASN1 ID. Due to changing requirements it is now necessary to change this attribute to a multi-valued case ignore string. I usually use Designer to do work such as this but, as I'm having some problems, what I describe here is done with iManager (to remove Designer from the equation). There was one object in my tree utilising this auxiliary class (we're still in development) which I have deleted. I then deleted the aux...

Convert Description from Multi-value to single value send to AD
Hello, We use our description field of our groups to describe what the groups function is. We would like to be able to sync this multi-value attribute to AD as a single value seperated by whatever. I know I need to use the for each and nodeset, but I can't seem to be able to concatanate the values into a variable that I can use. Does anyone have an example of this, preferably in policy builder, not xslt/etc. Thanks, Cade On Mon, 01 May 2006 12:15:57 GMT, ccarvell@nmdp.org wrote: > We use our description field of our groups to describe what the groups >funct...

How to tell if an Attribute can hold multi-valued or single valued
Anyone know? If it already populated with data, it is easy to tell. But what if it does not have data? How can you tell? thanks, lee franke You would have to check the schema programatically. There is an attribute on the schema called 'isSingleValued' that will tell you if the attribute is multi-valued or not. MSDN LinkRyan DunnWeblog The BookLDAP Programming Help...

ID-Provider Driver
Novell Identity Manager 3.6 Windows Server 2003 R2 eDirectoy 8.8. SP3 Hi I want to develop a ID-policy based on followin rules: Prefix-GivenName[1]Surname[1]-AutoIcremnetNumber And these policies will be consumed by ID-Client(Identity Manager). So long , I have created ID Provider-driver, and configured it to be run as a RMI server (without ID Generation-Map) and Without defining Attributes in the ID-provider driver Filter. And I have created a NULL driver with some policies which invokes id:getNextID() method to get a Unique ID for newly created users. But my...

Web resources about - Error - The definition for attribute key Description is single-valued - novell.id-manager.userapp