Write GroupMembership values to custom multi-value attribute

I need to be able to take the multiple group membership values of a user
and write them to a custom multi-attribute called "CTGroups". The
problem I am running into is if you add two or more groups to a user at
once, it will only grab the first group and skip all the others. If I
add the groups one at a time, I am ok but I cannot rely on our user
community to add just one group at a time. Any help would be
appreciated .

--
mlarocco
0

Depending on exactly what you are trying to do and where you are trying
to do it,  you'll either need to use For Each or Clone Operation
Attribute if you want to deal with multiple values.
--

Father Ramon

mlarocco wrote:
> I need to be able to take the multiple group membership values of a user
> and write them to a custom multi-attribute called "CTGroups". The
> problem I am running into is if you add two or more groups to a user at
> once, it will only grab the first group and skip all the others. If I
> add the groups one at a time, I am ok but I cannot rely on our user
> community to add just one group at a time. Any help would be
> appreciated .

0
Father
4/24/2007 1:20:19 AM
Thanks for the help, I actually used a combination of both and got it
working!

--
mlarocco
0

Mutli-valued attribute to multi-valued attribute
We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes the attribute from the object. Any ideas ? > We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a > multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are > adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is > lost. When deleting ...

Single Value to Multi Value attribute
Hi all I have an attribute 'source', in my eDirectory dn: cn=schema changetype: modify add: attributeTypes attributeTypes: ( source-oid NAME 'source' DESC 'to capture the source where the user or group is pulled from' SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 SINGLE-VALUE ) - I need to modify this attribute from Single valued to Multi-value attribute, - I also need to modify the name of this attribute from 'source' to 'uniqueSource' can any one please give me the exact syntax for the the above modifications ...

ID-Provider Driver
Novell Identity Manager 3.6 Windows Server 2003 R2 eDirectoy 8.8. SP3 Hi I want to develop a ID-policy based on followin rules: Prefix-GivenName[1]Surname[1]-AutoIcremnetNumber And these policies will be consumed by ID-Client(Identity Manager). So long , I have created ID Provider-driver, and configured it to be run as a RMI server (without ID Generation-Map) and Without defining Attributes in the ID-provider driver Filter. And I have created a NULL driver with some policies which invokes id:getNextID() method to get a Unique ID for newly created users. But my...

unable to evaluate values in an multi-valued attribute
Dear Forum, we are running UA 4.0.1. We have to search through all values of an given attribute for evaluation purpose. According to the documentation either form.getValues() and idvault.get should return an array when multiple-values are found. Unfortunately this seams not to work. var contracts = IDVault.get(null, dn, "eCampus-User", "eCAssigmentsJStr"); form.setValues("AssigmentJStrs", contracts); var numOfContracts = contracts.length(); Testing has shown that the variable contracts is set correct, 'cos the form field AssigmentJStr is sh...

PickList field with values from a multi-valued attribute
Hello there, I have a PickList field in my form that I want to fill with a list of values. Let's call that field "department". The values must be dynamically obtained from a multi-valued attribute of a given Organizational Unit. Let's call that attribute "list-of-departments". I have a DAL entity that exposes the object class (Organizational Unit) and its attribute. Let's call the DAL entity "OU" and let's call the exposed attribute key "list-of-departments" (like the attribute itself). Of course, I have a field that cont...

Setting multi-value attribute values to query results
I am writing a policy where I need to run a query to get a list of one or more DNs, then place those DNs as the values of a multi-valued attribute in my destination datasource. How do I do this? Can I use the do-add-dest-attr-value action and just specify the query as the values to add, or do I need to place the results of the query in a local variable and do something with that? I'm using IDM 3.5. Here is the query that I'm running: <token-query class-name="Locality"> <arg-dn> <token-parse-dn dest-dn-format="dest-dn" src-dn-form...

op-attr when only removing value from multi-value attribute
IDM 3.5 When I remove only a value from a mulit-value attribute, condition "op-attr available" is FALSE, shouldn't this result as TRUE? Never noticed this behaviour in previous versions of IDM. Any hints? Thanks Rudi --- Trace snippet --- RBM-Manager ST:Applying policy: Sub-ET2-Determine resource-bundle role actions. RBM-Manager ST: Applying to modify #1. RBM-Manager ST: Evaluating selection criteria for rule 'Check change in ResourceBundles'. RBM-Manager ST: (if-op-attr 'rbmSubObjects' available) = FALSE. RBM-Manager ST: Rule rejected. RBM...

Converting single-valued attribute to normal (multi-valued)
In order to add additional attributes to a User object I have created an Auxiliary Class. Within that class I created a single-valued numeric string with an ASN1 ID. Due to changing requirements it is now necessary to change this attribute to a multi-valued case ignore string. I usually use Designer to do work such as this but, as I'm having some problems, what I describe here is done with iManager (to remove Designer from the equation). There was one object in my tree utilising this auxiliary class (we're still in development) which I have deleted. I then deleted the aux...

If Not value or value then....
Hi all,I want to write a simple IF Not then statement in ASP.net 2.0 and I would like some help please.  If Not ntuser = "DOMAIN\ntuser" Or ntuser = "DOMAIN\ntuser2" Then Panel1.Visible = False End If Doesnt work, can you tell me where i'm going wrong please?many thanks.  The first place you're going wrong is in telling us it "doesn't work" without providing any details. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Use Not as stated below. It ...

Using specific values from multi-valued attributes via LDAP?
I understand how to inject LDAP attribute data in to the authentication process via the form fill, but is there a way to select a specific value from a multivalued attribute? Say for example that I have an attribute called "myPasswords" that has multiple string values specifying a URL and a stored password. I'd need to be able to search for the value needed for the URL I'm authenticating to, then parse out the password section of that string and inject it in to the "password" box in the form. Possible? Not possible? ---------------------------------...

JDBC Driver with Multi-valued Attribute
I am writing a jdbc driver with only publisher channel to load in eDir an ORACLE table/view. This source table have n rows for each users: user's key is duplicate for each profiles. The record of the table have the follow structure: <user_id + profile_id + ... + other column>. I have created a custom multi-valued eDir attribute on User class and I have mapped this attribute with the column that represent a list of one or more profiles (the relation user-profile is 1:n). The primary key of the table is composed of (user_id, profile_id). The Matching rule is based on ...

Scritping Driver and Multi-Valued Attributes
Using the 3.6 (patched to IR3) scripting driver and having issues with multi-valued attributes. If two or more values are being added at the same time according to the documentation it's supposed to have multiple name/pairs: ADD_TELEPHONE=818-555-2100 ADD_TELEPHONE=818-555-9842 When I test sending the mail attribute through with multiple values it seems to only take the first value. I also tested with additional attributes with the same results. The attributes I tested with are declared in the schema.def file as multi-valued. Thank you in advance for any help or poss...

How to tell if an Attribute can hold multi-valued or single valued
Anyone know? If it already populated with data, it is easy to tell. But what if it does not have data? How can you tell? thanks, lee franke You would have to check the schema programatically. There is an attribute on the schema called 'isSingleValued' that will tell you if the attribute is multi-valued or not. MSDN LinkRyan DunnWeblog The BookLDAP Programming Help...

IDM rule: Adding multi-valued attribute values to an e-mail
IDM Gurus, I need some help with a rule I'm working on which will do the following: Query a user for groupmemberships Query that list of groups and grab CN and description values Add that list of CN and description values to an e-mail and SEND! I am as far as grabbing the groupMem values and setting a local variable but since it's multivalued, the rule only adds the 1st groupMem and prints it to the e-mail. Thinking I need a "for-each" rule or something along those lines, maybe XPATH, not sure, need some guidance please! I am running IDM 3.6.1. Regards,...

Web resources about - Write GroupMembership values to custom multi-value attribute - novell.id-manager.drivers

The Oceania Project - Humpback Whale Research Bibliography
The base list was assembled by Trish and Wally Franklin from published papers and various other sources for the Queensland Environment Protection ...

Kraken (Daniel Whitehall, Hydra character)
KRAKEN RealName : Daniel Whitehall Identity/Class :Human technology user (British) Occupation :Terrorist GroupMembership : Hydra (BaronStrucker, ...

How to: Add a user from the OS X command line, works with Leopard!
How to: Add a user from the OS X command line, works with Leopard!

The Slackware Linux Project: Slackware Release Announcement
Yes, it is that time again! After well over a year of planning,development, and testing, the Slackware Linux Project is proud toannounce the ...

Comparison of pen and keyboard transcription modes in children with and without learning disabilities ...
Free Online Library: Comparison of pen and keyboard transcription modes in children with and without learning disabilities.(Report) by "Learning ...

News § THE HARVARD LIBRARY
This site is no longer updated regularly. Visitthe new Harvard Librarywebsite , which launched on September 18,2012. Project Update: New Library ...

2. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: HISTORY AND RATIONALE
Neither this review nor the current debate over affirmative actionoccur in a historical vacuum. This and the following two sectionsprovide the ...

Facebook and Politics
The “Custom Managed Audiences” tool works like this: Acampaign or group uses its own list of potential voters (or buysone from a state authority ...

AIGA - Group memberships
... you employ. Your organization gets a great rate, and your employees enjoy AIGA benefits! For information on student groups, click here . Groupmemberships ...

FBI Testimony about 9/11 terrorists' motives
February 6, 2002 Statement for the Record of Dale L. Watson Executive Assistant Director Counterterrorism and Counterintelligence Federal ...