One attribute value to two attributes/ values in eDir

Collective,
I have a very interesting issue. I have the need to break one attribute
that is in AD (ADval1) to two attributes in eDir (attrval1 and attrval2)
. Basically what I want to do is take ADval1 and break that data into
the two other attributes, attrval1 and attrval2.

The attribute in AD looks like this:

AD attribute
value data 1 | value data 2

In eDir it looks like this:

eDir attribute 1
vlaue data 1

eDir attribute 2
value data 2

I don't know if that's clear, when it was explained to me it was a
white board.

Has anyone tried this or have any ideas on the approach?

When it's figured out I'll post the code back.

Thanks!
Joe

--
jsullivan

jsullivan
10/9/2008 3:56:03 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:56:03 GMT, jsullivan
<jsullivan@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>I have a very interesting issue. I have the need to break one attribute
>that is in AD (ADval1) to two attributes in eDir (attrval1 and attrval2)
>. Basically what I want to do is take ADval1 and break that data into
>the two other attributes, attrval1 and attrval2.
>
>The attribute in AD looks like this:
>
>AD attribute
>value data 1 | value data 2

Use the split token to break this up in to a nodeset of two values.

>In eDir it looks like this:
>
>eDir attribute 1
>vlaue data 1
>
>eDir attribute 2
>value data 2

Assign nodeset value 1 to eDir attr1, and nodeset value 2 to eDir attr2.

 David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp            http://forums.novell.com

 Please post questions in the newsgroups.   No support provided via email.
0
dgersic_
10/9/2008 6:57:26 PM
My first reply seems to have gotten lost.

Thanks David.
I thought about that but this driver is version 3.01 and I get some
flap that it's not supported.
Sorry, I should have told you the version.

Joe

--
jsullivan
jsullivan's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=15093

0
jsullivan
10/9/2008 7:56:01 PM
You can you Replace First token or XPath token with functions
substring-before() and substring-after().

-Father Ramon

jsullivan wrote:
> My first reply seems to have gotten lost.
>
> Thanks David.
> I thought about that but this driver is version 3.01 and I get some
> flap that it's not supported.
> Sorry, I should have told you the version.
>
> Joe

0
Father
10/9/2008 8:43:21 PM
Thanks. I'll start giving that a try.
Joe

--
jsullivan
jsullivan's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=15093
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=346665

0
jsullivan
10/9/2008 8:56:02 PM
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 19:56:01 GMT, jsullivan
<jsullivan@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>I thought about that but this driver is version 3.01 and I get some
>flap that it's not supported.
>Sorry, I should have told you the version.

Hm. I don't recall 3.01 very well now. Does it have substring() where
you could break up the value with that?

 David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp            http://forums.novell.com

 Please post questions in the newsgroups.   No support provided via email.
0
dgersic_
10/9/2008 8:58:07 PM
Father Ramon wrote:
> You can you Replace First token or XPath token with functions
> substring-before() and substring-after().

One quick hint, XPATH's tools substring(), substring-before(), etc are
all case sensitive.

See: http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116

Look at the functions there.

> -Father Ramon
>

> jsullivan wrote:
>> My first reply seems to have gotten lost.
>>
>> Thanks David.
>> I thought about that but this driver is version 3.01 and I get some
>> flap that it's not supported.
>> Sorry, I should have told you the version.
>>
>> Joe

0
Geoffrey
10/10/2008 12:38:23 PM
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:58:07 +0000, David Gersic wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 19:56:01 GMT, jsullivan
> <jsullivan@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
>
>>I thought about that but this driver is version 3.01 and I get some flap
>>that it's not supported.
>>Sorry, I should have told you the version.
>
> Hm. I don't recall 3.01 very well now. Does it have substring() where
> you could break up the value with that?

>  David Gersic
>  dgersic_@_niu.edu Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
>  http://forums.novell.com
>
>  Please post questions in the newsgroups.   No support provided via
>  email.

You could just us a reg ex and a couple of local variables. Not as as
slick but it would do the trick.
0
PIDMan

Mutli-valued attribute to multi-valued attribute
We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is lost. When deleting one value in the Identity Vault then it removes the attribute from the object. Any ideas ? > We want to synchronize a multi-valued attribute (created by our own) to a > multi-valued attribute in the other edirectory store. But when we are > adding attributes we only have the changed values. The previous one is > lost. When deleting ...

ID-Provider Driver
Novell Identity Manager 3.6 Windows Server 2003 R2 eDirectoy 8.8. SP3 Hi I want to develop a ID-policy based on followin rules: Prefix-GivenName[1]Surname[1]-AutoIcremnetNumber And these policies will be consumed by ID-Client(Identity Manager). So long , I have created ID Provider-driver, and configured it to be run as a RMI server (without ID Generation-Map) and Without defining Attributes in the ID-provider driver Filter. And I have created a NULL driver with some policies which invokes id:getNextID() method to get a Unique ID for newly created users. But my...

Query a multivalued attribute and store part of each value in a single valued string/attribute
Hello hello again, so I am trying to cook something again and obviously I am failing. I have a mutlivalued attribute in eDirectory and I need to store a part from each value into a single valued attribute. Example: Attribute A - value1: 001-I - value2: 002-D - value3: 003-M I need the I and the D and the M and store in a single valued attribute Attribute B -value: IDM I managed to query the destination user to get the attribute I want from the user ... WOHOO :-) Yet everythin after fails Here is what I cooked up: <actions> <do-set-local-variable n...

Casting of IDVault.get({dn}, 'group', 'Member') to handle zero, one or more than one values in a multi-valued attribute
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I wonder if anyone can recommend a foolproof method of casting IDVault.get({dn}, 'group', 'Member') so that the result can be easily treated as an array irrespective of how many values there are in the multi-valued attribute. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Background to this question 1) In an activity's Data Item Mapping Source Expression I have the following expression: <<theMembers = IDVault.get('CN=myGroup,o=ACME', 'group', 'Member');>> But I fin...

Enabling the edition of an extended attribute value based on the value of another one
Hello! I'm using PowerDesigner 15 and I construted an extended model (.XEM) for PDM that has 2 extended attributes for tables, named A and B. Now, I want to enable the value edition of attribute B (type Text) only if attribute A is set to "No" (possible values: 'Yes' and 'No'). Is it possible? Thank you! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b72cb6c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Mila, yes you can. You have to create a criterion under the metaclass where ...

ids can't get hidden attribute value from eDir Server
I have created a attribute name with flag:{Hidden,Single Valued,Synchronize Immediately} and Syntax {Octet String},Added it to the class built for user object.Then I did a formfill policy which takes this attribute to fill into one of the field of login form like this <from name="loginform"> <input......./> <input......./> </form> I turned the 'debug' option on.I found null returned from userstore. Is it caused by trying to get value from a hidden attribute? If this,how can I get the value of hidden attribute? -- wxcn --------...

Single Value to Multi Value attribute
Hi all I have an attribute 'source', in my eDirectory dn: cn=schema changetype: modify add: attributeTypes attributeTypes: ( source-oid NAME 'source' DESC 'to capture the source where the user or group is pulled from' SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 SINGLE-VALUE ) - I need to modify this attribute from Single valued to Multi-value attribute, - I also need to modify the name of this attribute from 'source' to 'uniqueSource' can any one please give me the exact syntax for the the above modifications ...

Clear all values / Remove attribute values
How can you remove all values for an attribute in an application? (LDAP-OID) If I use "do-clear-dest-attr-value" It wants a value to remove. I want do-clear-dest-attr-value(s) when I do not care what the attribute values are. THe situation is there is a flag in OID and we want to remove the all attribute values form the attribute based on a event in Edirectory. Thanks -jim do-clear-dest-attr-value is what you want - it does not require a value. -- Father Ramon Jim Willeke wrote: > How can you remove all values for an attribute in an application? >...

Pulling Values out Mulit-Valued Attribute

Trigger 4 WorkFlows _StartWorflow agains One eDir Attribute values / Schema Mapping
Hi I have Four Workflows definations in the UserApplication which i want to trigger them based on a value change in A SINGLE eDirectory Attribute. In the Schema Mapping, I can see that I can only Map One-to-One attribyte Mapping, like <BR> <B>Description -> Workflow1:_StartWorkflow</B> <BR> How can i then trigger other Three of my Workflows agains Description Attribute in the SchemaMappaings.. I want the whole thing work like "choice case logic". <BR><H2> Choice Description() 'Home' : Workflow1:_...

INSERT INTO command (two columns) with one fixed value, one string with several values
I have a string with values value1,value2, value3, value(n) which I would like to append to my table. In the second column of my table I have a parameter which stays the same, so I end up with (if the parameter value is "123456") Column 1   |         Column 2 123456      |         Value1 123456      |         Value2 123456      |      &...

Passing QueryString Value into a HiddenField Value Attribute
Having trouble passing the value of a query string into the Value attribute of a HiddenField. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated:  <asp:HiddenField ID="NAME" runat="server" Value="querystringVALUE" />   Do it in the Page_Load :   <asp:HiddenField ID="NAME" runat="server" Value="querystringVALUE" />  NAME.value = request.querystring("myURLParameter") Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

unable to evaluate values in an multi-valued attribute
Dear Forum, we are running UA 4.0.1. We have to search through all values of an given attribute for evaluation purpose. According to the documentation either form.getValues() and idvault.get should return an array when multiple-values are found. Unfortunately this seams not to work. var contracts = IDVault.get(null, dn, "eCampus-User", "eCAssigmentsJStr"); form.setValues("AssigmentJStrs", contracts); var numOfContracts = contracts.length(); Testing has shown that the variable contracts is set correct, 'cos the form field AssigmentJStr is sh...

add values to multiple-valued attribute error
try add multiple values to a mulitple-valued attribute (that can be done with a GUI / LDIF).However, use following code, I get error when insert multiple values for Properties("mgrpRFC822MailMember") (but it works with only one entry)Any help is very welcome.Thx Dim de1 = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://" & ldapServerName & _            "/ou=MailGroup,dc=pcihl,dc=com", "cn=Manager,dc=pcihl,dc=com", "secret", AuthenticationTypes.ServerBind)            Dim newLstEntry As Direct...

Web resources about - One attribute value to two attributes/ values in eDir - novell.id-manager.drivers

Attribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Template:Attributes of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Română Home Random Template:Attributes of God Part of a series on the Attributes of God Aseity Eternity Graciousness Holiness ...

Six Attributes Of The Perfect Facebook Page Administrator
So, here’s the thing: In many ways, hiring a Facebook page administrator is akin to hiring a poster child for your brand. This trusted manager ...

PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks for Deep Attribute Modeling - Facebook
We propose a method for inferring human attributes (such as gender, hair style, clothes style, expression, action) from images of people under ...

Facebook announces data partnerships to help advertisers target users by offline purchases and attributes ...
... will anonymously match data from consumer loyalty programs with user profiles in order to target ads by offline purchase habits and other attributes. ...

New Study Attributes Rapid Ageing Mainly To Environment Factors
New study explains why some people age faster than others.

Should I use the nofollow attribute on internal links? - YouTube
Regarding "nofollow" on internal links: Does it hurt? Does it help? I read different comments from Matt on this matter over time. What's the ...

Justin Trudeau attributes abortion stance to father's example
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is following an example set by his famous father when it comes to his position on election candidates and ...

Obama attributes western U.S. wildfires to climate change
... that has burned nearly 400 square miles in the north-central part of Washington state, along with blazes in other Western areas, can be attributed ...

Fifty Shades Of Grey Baby Births: Windsor Hospital Sees Spike In Births, Attribute Book
A significant spike in baby births at a hospital in Windsor, Ontario, has been attributed to the book Fifty Shades of Grey, which has become ...